Back to the Future: Hill Valley is a full conversion mod for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Back to the Future: Hill Valley will be based on the Back to the Future Trilogy, allowing the player to re-enact all the great moments from the films. While some parts of the story are stretched to make it more enjoyable, we are determined not to stray too far from the original story-line. The people behind this mod want the community to relive the movies and have as much fun in the process as possible. With the outstanding game play of the Sandbox hit, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, in combination with one of the best movies of all time, Back to the Future, this mod is sure to bring countless hours of fun to anybody who enjoyed the movies.

Forum Thread
by member
Car Discussion Part 2 (Mods : Back to the Future: Hill Valley : Forum : Cars and Vehicles : Car Discussion Part 2) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Jun 13 2007, 5:34am Anchor
BACKINTIME wrote:ok here we go, lol

Flux:
User Posted Image

Back One Delorean- New Time Display, showing when marty goes to 1955. New clock face, and new destination keypad:
User Posted Image

Back Two Delorean-New Time Display, entering 2015
User Posted Image

Back Two Hover-New Time Display,leaving 2015
User Posted Image

Back Three Delorean-New Time Display,going to 1885 "present time is just a guess, I don't think it would be possible to figure it out, other than the night of nov 12 marty went to Doc, doc passed out. the next morning came. that night they dug up the delorean. the following morning he went back to 1885. The sun In the sky seemed like around noon. whatever.
User Posted Image

also I don't know if you can tell from the pics but, I made it so the decals on the time display were worn out, just like in the movie

Thanks for your time, I hope there's somthing you like! Thanks Delorean
oh, and I added the time displays because I was board. and thought you might get a kick out of them

Ok, good work. I like the new stuff. Only complaint is.....I like the original time circuit display for the bttf1 delorean. It's more...memorable than that trip to 1955. Oh, and you're forgetting the Railroad Delorean's new time circuit display (Well, i'll give you a break since it wasn't in 0.2b :D)

Might want to make the spectrum analyzer only green, as we're working with a non-time travelling delorean. Flux looks good. The keypad has the wrong color. Suppose to be darker. Not to mention I only see numbers and no evidence of pads.

User Posted Image

Speaking of Time Circuits

User Posted Image

Edited by (in order): Delorean88us, Delorean88us, Delorean88us, Delorean88us

Jun 13 2007, 6:43am Anchor

the keypad isnt gonna stay green is it?

Jun 13 2007, 7:10am Anchor

whoa, that was weird. Logged on, found my original posting. Clicked modify it, found the latest edit still saved, so I reposted. Weird. Moddb's acting up again.

Edited by (in order): Delorean88us, Delorean88us

Jun 13 2007, 10:42am Anchor

Speaking of the keypad...

That was a color test... I'm looking for the right one and checking if new textures can be added (I think I can only add 32). Also, I'm checking a new color for the Time Circuits box and I'll change the texture of the keypad.

Looking at your picturs, BACKINTIME, makes me think you're right... Some textures need to be changed.

Those Time Circuit readouts look cool and I think it's a good idea for each DeLorean.

Jun 13 2007, 11:57am Anchor

Yeah, like that overhead console. Those textures look really muddy.

Jun 13 2007, 9:22pm Anchor

what do you guys think of the clock? It was taken from a replica of the original.

Has anyone else noticed an inconsistency in the movies as far as the time display. related to the AM, PM stickers. Sometimes it say AM and PM sometimes just PM. Just a Thought.

On mine I only put PM which seems to be mostly used in the movies. But Not always.

Jun 13 2007, 9:30pm Anchor

clock's good. Umm, not much else to say, so good job.
The inconsistency has been noted many, many times before, so it's no big news. We're going with the bttf1 style right now, since we tend to take a lot of stuff from the first movie, besides the explosions.

As far as updates are going, the overhead consoles will definitely be updated. We'll be using your textures as well, though I will be using the original time circuit display for bttf1 because it's much more significant and nostalgic. The rear deck will be getting some more wires, the wheels have the goodyear logo displaying correctly, and some more texture work on the plutonium chamber. More to come later.

Edited by: Delorean88us

Jun 13 2007, 11:40pm Anchor

just so I have it right. you would be interested in some of my stuff?

Jun 14 2007, 12:10am Anchor

thats what he said

is the radio gonna be updated? it looks weird. and the boxes in the back next to the flux capacitor are very inaccurate. though im getting a bit picky now

Jun 14 2007, 12:40am Anchor

Thank you KITT, going along with KITT mentioned about the rear deck and what Delorean said about more wires on it, I'm sure I'll shape up very nice.
It would be nice to see the High Voltage Regulator back their aswell, being a modestly colorful box and all.

Jun 14 2007, 5:24am Anchor

don't forget the blower fan, FCR, the new overhead console, the TFDS, the Rowan Control Contractors, the Secondary Power Supply, and a bunch of other stuff.

Haha, you think you're picky KITT? You never did notice the fact that that blue striped box on the rear deck of the delorean never existed on the bttf1 car, nor did you notice the absense of the 3 cubes behind the reactor. Oh yeah, and the missing white stripe around the tube that connects both oil separators. Me and Carlos are pickier :D

Modeling's just a slow business, especially when real life kicks in.

Edited by (in order): Delorean88us, Delorean88us, Delorean88us, Delorean88us

Jun 14 2007, 6:38am Anchor

lol

too bad i cant model. i got the next 3 weeks off :)

Jun 14 2007, 12:37pm Anchor

Well... Not picky, but trying to be "as accurate as humanly possible" :P... I always wanted to make this models good enough for BTTF fans, since I'm one, but when I started the modifications I was working for NFS3, NFS4 and MM2 (And I had an AMD K6 -400MHz) with "low poly" models and just one texture file, but GTA allows so many more :D... And I can check all those good BTTF websites for even more accuracy.

Too bad real life has to kick in right now, because I only have nights to work on the models and new textures, but at least I'm making myself some time to work and research for details like these new changes.

And, about the blower fan, FCR, the new overhead console, the TFDS, the Rowan Control Contractors, the Secondary Power Supply, and a bunch of other stuff: I'll be making some new textures and models for those :)...

Edited by: Carlos85G

Jun 15 2007, 11:42pm Anchor

Ok, I started the 04 Delorean only because I wanted to kill two birds with one stone. Not only am I doing it for the mod but also for a 3d art contest. The deadline is next month but I'd like to get it done now so I don't have to worry about it. It's nothing big, just for fun.

Also I am waiting for the final texture for the No Tech hoverboard to be finished, a friend of mine is going to be helping me with the texture so I just need to wait till he sends me his part so I can finish it.

Jun 16 2007, 12:19am Anchor

cool. cant wait to see that delo done

Jun 21 2007, 4:38pm Anchor

hey backintime, can we get the new textures sometime tonight?

Jun 21 2007, 5:40pm Anchor

Not a problem. man. Glad to send them to you. just let me know where you want them sent. I assume I'll be getting a PM. lol

Edited by (in order): BACKINTIME, BACKINTIME, BACKINTIME

Jun 21 2007, 9:43pm Anchor

Cool. Does this mean that the 04 model will be included in 0.2c?

Jun 21 2007, 10:18pm Anchor

*more whistles*
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Still modeling that section to the right of the flux capacitor. Ignore the clipping errors. Thats camhack for ya.

Edited by (in order): Delorean88us, Delorean88us

Jun 21 2007, 10:24pm Anchor

ok, whoever did the overhead, freaken awesome. wait til the flux is in that pic .

Edited by (in order): BACKINTIME, BACKINTIME, BACKINTIME

Jun 22 2007, 1:28am Anchor

K, The rear end on the del looks nice. the car is really coming along nicely. as usual, lol hahaha

Jun 22 2007, 1:32am Anchor

The new textures look freakin great.

To NeoSephiroth87, yes there is a possibility that the 04 model will be in 0.2c.

Jun 22 2007, 1:30pm Anchor

Delorean, I hope you recieved the txds. If you did and have a minute of free time could you throught up a pic of the rear deck, I just wanted to see how much the flux added to the already awesome rear deck.
also I love the green toggle switches on the rear of the overhead they turned out fantastic!

Edited by: BACKINTIME

Jun 22 2007, 6:24pm Anchor

i will when I have time. Btw, it's not the rear deck, but rear shelf, lol.

Jun 23 2007, 12:01am Anchor

oh, shoot you're right, lol

Edited by: BACKINTIME

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.