Back to the Future: Hill Valley is a full conversion mod for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Back to the Future: Hill Valley will be based on the Back to the Future Trilogy, allowing the player to re-enact all the great moments from the films. While some parts of the story are stretched to make it more enjoyable, we are determined not to stray too far from the original story-line. The people behind this mod want the community to relive the movies and have as much fun in the process as possible. With the outstanding game play of the Sandbox hit, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, in combination with one of the best movies of all time, Back to the Future, this mod is sure to bring countless hours of fun to anybody who enjoyed the movies.

Forum Thread
by member
Car Discussion Part 2 (Mods : Back to the Future: Hill Valley : Forum : Cars and Vehicles : Car Discussion Part 2) Locked
Thread Options 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Jul 5 2007, 8:53pm Anchor

Yeah that's what I'm doing, I used the dummies from one of the deloreans now all I have to do is rotate the axises so it looks like a car and not something from space. I am going to use the regular gull wing for the moment while I try to make the doors function much like the SLR.
I'll try the alpha if transparency doesn't work that well. If it does help I'll apply what I do to the Delo to the Lybians Van.

Edited by: K1092000

Jul 5 2007, 9:23pm Anchor

Ok, let us know how it goes.

Jul 5 2007, 9:28pm Anchor

Well not good so far. I've been working with the hood and I can't seem to get it to open forward. I've rotated the axis of the parts and dummies every which way and the hood opens into the car when damaged instead of forwards

Jul 5 2007, 9:32pm Anchor

oh, that, thats a handling flag. Just add 4 to your handling flags.

Edited by (in order): Delorean88us, Delorean88us

Jul 5 2007, 9:37pm Anchor

Oh that's what that is, ok i thought it had something to do with the dummy. Is there something for the doors too or are those just dummy oriented.

Also the Lybian's van does the same thing with its hood would adding that 4 do the same thing?

Jul 5 2007, 9:38pm Anchor

those are dummy orientated. Adding 4 would do the same thing with the lybian van as well.

Jul 5 2007, 9:45pm Anchor

Good, that means now I can work on the doors, and fix the Lybians van. Thanks.

Jul 5 2007, 9:46pm Anchor

no problem. Can't wait for the 2004 delorean to come out. Gonna be fun to drive. Oh, are you going to make the hover converted version of it?

Jul 5 2007, 9:59pm Anchor

Ok, I added the 4 and the car acted really weird, I opened the handling file with CFG Studio and there's a rev bonnet option that added a number five. I'm going to try that and see if it works. I do suppose I can put the hover things on the car. I think I could make them extras, or if you prefer something else let me know.

Jul 5 2007, 10:01pm Anchor

Hmm, maybe if i find a way to add planes, make it a seperate model like the delorean. Extras won't work, as the wheels will still show.

And i didn't know you had cfg studio. If so, i would have told you just to tick off rev bonnet. Oh well, there's always the delorean's handling flags.

Jul 5 2007, 10:10pm Anchor

Ok, hmm what if you try using one of the helicopters as an alternate model? But I can make it a separate model no sweat.

Hehehe well now you know. With the hood working now I can move on to the doors.

Jul 5 2007, 10:12pm Anchor

haha, that works.

Jul 5 2007, 10:14pm Anchor

Cool, you think you could handle the handling file for it cause I have no clue how to mess with helicopters handling.

Jul 5 2007, 10:17pm Anchor

yep, i can do that.

Jul 5 2007, 10:22pm Anchor

Will the hover/flying attributes for the 04' reflect the back 2 delo or the comet?

Edited by: BACKINTIME

Jul 5 2007, 10:23pm Anchor

Sweet, ok well I'm off to mess with the car. If all goes well you'll probably see a vid tomorrow.

Jul 5 2007, 10:25pm Anchor

more like a helicopter

Jul 6 2007, 4:35pm Anchor

Ok, I've gotten the doors to work now all I have to do is realign them so they look right when they're closed.
User Posted Image

Jul 6 2007, 4:43pm Anchor

who'd you kill?

Jul 6 2007, 4:46pm Anchor

Just ran over a ped and waited for a cop to open the door to try and bust me, and drove off.

Jul 6 2007, 4:51pm Anchor

oh yeah, forgot about the doors.

Jul 6 2007, 4:50pm Anchor

Is there something in the code for the pass door, because if I remeber SA you can open the pass door then quick runaway leaving it open.

oh, and the delorean looks great K!

Jul 6 2007, 4:54pm Anchor

Nope, that was an sa only feature.

Jul 6 2007, 4:54pm Anchor

That's a bummer man. (in the voice of "The Dude" Labowski) oh well, life goes on.

Jul 6 2007, 4:55pm Anchor

I think you can open the passenger side door and then leave it open but you have to pull a passenger out first and then move away from the door.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.