Back to the Future: Hill Valley is a full conversion mod for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Back to the Future: Hill Valley will be based on the Back to the Future Trilogy, allowing the player to re-enact all the great moments from the films. While some parts of the story are stretched to make it more enjoyable, we are determined not to stray too far from the original story-line. The people behind this mod want the community to relive the movies and have as much fun in the process as possible. With the outstanding game play of the Sandbox hit, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, in combination with one of the best movies of all time, Back to the Future, this mod is sure to bring countless hours of fun to anybody who enjoyed the movies.

Forum Thread
by member
Car Discussion Part 2 (Mods : Back to the Future: Hill Valley : Forum : Cars and Vehicles : Car Discussion Part 2) Locked
Thread Options 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16
Jun 28 2007, 9:33pm Anchor

ok, acceleration of 8.5!!!!

I think the slowest car is like 15, haha

Jun 28 2007, 10:22pm Anchor

hey k, here's an idea. For the chassis, just have like nothing, or like a really small polygon and then make all the boards extras, so we don't have like multiple boards overlapping. That way, tommy can still lean, though the board doesn't really lean much.

EDIT:
Nevermind, remembered that it would be weird with no chassis.

Edited by (in order): Delorean88us, Delorean88us

Jun 29 2007, 1:24am Anchor

You know I actually thought of that but then realized that the original board would spawn with that small piece so it really wouldn't work that well. It actually caught me by surprise when the extras did not follow the original chassis. I thought they were supposed to but I guess I was wrong.

Jun 29 2007, 5:43am Anchor

transparency errors would help, haha.

Jun 30 2007, 5:38pm Anchor

Ok, the body and interior are done all I need to do are the wheels for the 04 Delorean. I took a look at them again and decided I liked the O.Z. Superturismo the best and I think they'll look great on the car. Also which car is it replacing? I looked at the car list but it's not in there, unless I missed it.

Jun 30 2007, 10:18pm Anchor

haven't updated the car list yet. it'll replace the cheetah

oh and i was thinking, for the rear window, i dont think the shades suit the 04 delorean as well so how about plain glass with a vent at the bottom of the glass like this

User Posted Image

if it's not too much trouble

Edited by (in order): KITT, KITT, KITT

Jul 1 2007, 1:17am Anchor

Ok, I can do that, but I'm keeping the shades as a backup just in case there's see through problems, like with the Lybians van.

Jul 1 2007, 11:34am Anchor

ok it feels more like home over here, lol
anyways with the second handling line I showed there the car drives great, (I think I already said this) anyways, as far as the wheels dipping is concered they ride right where I think they should but you'll Know better then I would. This pic is from the second handling line.
User Posted Image

Edited by: BACKINTIME

Jul 1 2007, 2:06pm Anchor

Yeah you've got the old dff, they do not ride where they should, the car is actually floating. I've made an update for the dff and handling line again so that the wheels are more in line with the hovering devices.

Jul 1 2007, 2:33pm Anchor

That's packed in with 0.2c I assume.

Jul 1 2007, 2:38pm Anchor

Well the stuff I fixed today will be but if you go to gta garage you can get the better version of the dff file. But I'd say wait till 2c.

Jul 1 2007, 2:39pm Anchor

That's easy enough I just changed it. thanks

Jul 1 2007, 2:45pm Anchor

No problem.

Jul 1 2007, 9:46pm Anchor

the delo looks great k. keep it up

Jul 5 2007, 2:15am Anchor

The wheels on the 2004 DeLorean seem too big...

Jul 5 2007, 2:17am Anchor

They're supposed to be that way, if not then they won't look right in the game. That's what all cars look like before they're put in the game.

Jul 5 2007, 5:32am Anchor

Hey K, this is suppose to be a 2015 car, so it needs the barcode license plate.

Jul 5 2007, 5:51am Anchor

And yes, vc cars are suppose to have oversized wheels. VC then scales them down for the game. If you're wondering why the other cars were like that, K's pic is not the render.

Edited by: Delorean88us

Jul 5 2007, 8:07am Anchor

Interesting fact...

Jul 5 2007, 8:43am Anchor

that is the reason why you can get like monster truck wheels, like someone on the forums had in his sig.

Jul 5 2007, 9:18am Anchor

It was BackinTime if I'm not mistaken. That's probably why I can't install Monster trucks right.

Jul 5 2007, 9:42am Anchor

it's controlled by default.ide, the size of the wheels. 0.72 i think for the deloreans. Change them to like 1.5, and you get monster wheels.

Jul 5 2007, 9:45am Anchor

The ones I had in the sig were 2.5 just small enough so you could still enter the delorean. but I 've put other vehicles at like 20.0 before just to watch a wall of wheels coming down the street, pretty funny.

Jul 5 2007, 6:31pm Anchor

Fixed the license plate and have been working on getting the doors and hood or rather the trunk to open right. Also I think I'm going to be having some glass problems with the doors so I may make the windows appear to be rolled down if the interior disappears.

Jul 5 2007, 7:07pm Anchor

you can always take a look at the deloreans to get an idea of how it works.
Well, i'm sure you can fix the doors. If transparency doesn't work, try alpha.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.