Back to the Future: Hill Valley is a full conversion mod for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Back to the Future: Hill Valley will be based on the Back to the Future Trilogy, allowing the player to re-enact all the great moments from the films. While some parts of the story are stretched to make it more enjoyable, we are determined not to stray too far from the original story-line. The people behind this mod want the community to relive the movies and have as much fun in the process as possible. With the outstanding game play of the Sandbox hit, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, in combination with one of the best movies of all time, Back to the Future, this mod is sure to bring countless hours of fun to anybody who enjoyed the movies.

Forum Thread
by member
Car Discussion Part 2 (Mods : Back to the Future: Hill Valley : Forum : Cars and Vehicles : Car Discussion Part 2) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Jun 23 2007, 6:14am Anchor

i like that engine. cant wait to see the finished product K

Jun 23 2007, 9:11am Anchor

Awesome. How's the hoverboard and skateboard going, btw. Kinda need those for the next release.

Jun 23 2007, 3:24pm Anchor

KITT glad you like the engine, I actually got the idea from this Canadiandriver.com

As for the hoverboard and skateboard, they are on my list of things to do today. I'm adding two extras to the skateboard, one is the wood scooter that Marty took from the kid in 1955, and the other is the scooter with out the piece that Marty took off. For the hoverboard I'm going to talk to the guy who's helping me with the No Tech one. Depending on how far along with it he is I may either wait till he's done or just send you what I have and when he finishes the texture I'll give you an updated dff and txd.

Jun 23 2007, 10:38pm Anchor

Ok, there is a small problem reguarding the extras on the skateboard. More or less I think the same thing will happen with the hoverboards. When I a skateboard appears with the extra over it and I drive it the extra stays in place and the original board sways back and forth when I turn. I'm not sure how to fix it exactly.

Jun 23 2007, 11:31pm Anchor

ok, thats a problem. Guess we can live with carcol skateboards/hoverboards.

Jun 24 2007, 12:38am Anchor

Yeah for now at least. I'm going to mess with the handling to see if it can be fixed that way. If not then it's probably hardcoded and can't be edited.

Jun 24 2007, 3:46am Anchor

Well I said I'd take a look at the handling and I did, I found a 4 wheeler mod that replaced the sanchez and saw that it also replaced the bikes second handling line. So I took the second handling line and applied it out on the pizzaboy, guess what it solved the leaning problem when the bike turns. Now I can add the extras. I also talked to my friend helping me with the hoverboard texture, he should be able to get it done within the next few days so I can finish it up and send them all over to you.

Jun 24 2007, 12:55pm Anchor

will you guys be making the hoverboards/skateboards so that you stand up stright and sideways when you ride them

Jun 24 2007, 4:43pm Anchor

Hey, I just watched BTTF1 and noticed something:

The extra lights on the lybians' combi are not part of the body, but attatched to the front bumper, like this:

Outatime.it

I don't know if it can be fixed, but I could live with that model :D.

Jun 24 2007, 8:08pm Anchor

Hmm, I never noticed that before, well I'll look into it Shouldn't be too hard to fix just have to attach the lights to the front bumper.

Jun 24 2007, 8:48pm Anchor

Ok I fixed the front lights. They still look like they're attached to the car but if I remade them I'd have to re-texture a lot of the bus cause some of the body texture is also linked to the lights. Nonetheless when the front bumper receives damage the lights disappear.
And another thing, if anyone has any idea for rims for the new Delorean I'd be glad to take any suggestions.
User Posted Image

Edited by: K1092000

Jun 24 2007, 9:29pm Anchor

original style made into 19 inchers or something

Jun 24 2007, 9:38pm Anchor

what about the american racing rims that were on the General Lee

Jun 24 2007, 10:45pm Anchor

Delorean's idea with 19 inch rims, and maybe a high Chrome finish.

Jun 25 2007, 12:14am Anchor

Something like this would look pretty cool...

User Posted Image

Jun 25 2007, 12:20am Anchor

That's nice, that would look great all chrome rather than the polished aluminum, and add the DMC to the center.

Jun 25 2007, 12:49am Anchor

how about the O.Z. Superleggera

User Posted Image

or the Superleggera III

User Posted Image

or the O.Z. Superturismo

User Posted Image

as you may have guessed i like O.Z. wheels

Edited by (in order): KITT, KITT

Jun 25 2007, 1:06am Anchor

The bottom one would look really good imo.

Jun 25 2007, 1:13am Anchor

These have got to be at least 19 inches, and with a better finish than the originals.

User Posted Image

Edited by: BACKINTIME

Jun 25 2007, 3:46am Anchor

those wouldn't suit it. those suit an angled car.

Jun 25 2007, 5:08pm Anchor

Im already looking forward to the new features like gas refueling and new delorean construction methods that will come with 0.2c, but now I actually think I am looking forward to the 04 DeLorean more.

Jun 25 2007, 6:01pm Anchor

i cant wait till 2.c period

Jun 25 2007, 6:50pm Anchor

ah yes, .2c will be the greatest thing since sliced bread...perhaps even better than sliced bread? :P

Jun 25 2007, 6:51pm Anchor

0.3 will be better ;)

Jun 25 2007, 7:42pm Anchor

Delorean, didn't know if the speedometer was being retextured, so i got board and did it. lol whatever

User Posted Image

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.