This member has provided no bio about themself...
How big would it be in-game though?
Will the IG get renamed to 'Astra Militarum' as per the newest codex?
Did you rename the mod folder?
Well, I guess that answers all of my concerns.
"For us and for the purposes of DoC no given version of a codex or piece of canon automatically "invalidates" any PART of another simply because it is newer."
This is NOT what I was implying AT ALL. By 'invalidate', I meant that in the 40k GAME, when the 5E GK codex was announced, it automatically superseded the 3E DH codex (which also become out of stock in the GW store) in official tournaments, which implies that Grey Knights and Daemonhunters are two different names of the same army (and thus I asked why they are included in the mod as two separate armies). When Zeidra answered:
"GK are a specific part of the "group" Daemonhunters."
I asked WHY the GK are included as a separate army if they are part of the Daemonhunters (ie the Daemonhunters have access to all of their units/techs/stuff alongside the Inquisition's). Clear enough?
Bah. I bet that there'll be at least one team member who'll interpret this comment as an insult, furiously bash me and give me bad karma simply for being curious.
1. So, through what you've said, these rosters should look like this:
- Grey Knights: GK
- Daemonhunters: GK + Inquisition
- Sisters of Battle: SoB
- Witch Hunters: SoB + Inquisition
Then what's the point of playing GK/SoB if the rosters are essentially inferior to the ones of the Daemonhunters/Witch Hunters?
4. No, the Codex mod is obviously not source material. Perhaps you used some units from it, but I'm talking about stuff published by GW here.
1. Actually, GK and Daemonhunters are two different names for the same army; same for Sisters of Battle/Adepta Sororitas and Witch Hunters. Weren't the 3E Daemonhunters/Witch Hunters codices invalidated when the 5E GK/SoB codices were released?
2. If the 'Eldar' army is supposed to represent the Exodites, then it should be labelled as such to prevent confusion, since the Craftworld Eldar are what most people think of about the Eldar.
3. Yes, all those chapters/regiments/etc... definitely do exist in fluff, I'm just saying that most of them do not possess an official published army list/supplement like the armies I mentioned.
4. So what is the source material for the Adeptus Mechanicus army?
5. Why is it necessary to include the generic SM/IG armies? Or are they artefacts from vanilla Soulstorm?
1. What are the differences between these factions:
- Eldar vs Craftworld Eldar
- Grey Knights vs Daemonhunters
- Sisters of Battle vs Witch Hunters
- Generic SM/IG vs individual chapters/regiments
2. Is there any plans to add the Siege Assault Vanguard, Tyrant's Legion, Eldar Corsairs and Necron Maynarkh Dynasty from IA9-12? These armies actually have variant army lists, unlike the ones mentioned in question #1.
3. What is the 'Chaos' faction supposed to represent? CSM, Daemons, the Lost and the Damned, or an amalgamation of these three?
4. Does any army come from the Horus Heresy books?
I was referring to Necron units, not SM.
Have any new units from Apocalypse and IA13 been added?
Do you intend to add the GK Dreadknight? If yes, will the model be changed?
Because you're playing MO 2.0.
The Creed meme is invoked whenever some overpowered superweapon would be hidden behind, say, a lamppost or outhose without anyone ever seeing them. The story has many variations, all ending with some poor schmuck lamenting Creed's tactical genius and releasing a scream.
But I reckon your explanation is reasonable enough.
(Devilfish are not stealth vehicles BTW)
But all Necrons are veterans (they have all participated in numerous wars before entering stasis), so a Necron Veteran unit would be redundant. You can take a name from the actual tabletop game, it's not going to hurt anyway.
As for the Vindicator... you obviously can't hide a 5 metre long tank into the terrain as opposed to, say, an infantryman. Perhaps I should just believe that every single commander of the Lost Chapter is a tactical geni- CREEEEEEED!
Is there too many Veterans in this mod? Guardsmen Veterans, Kroot Veterans, even Necron Veterans...
About the Vindicator: I wonder how you can infiltrate a tank into the battlefield? Infiltration (at least in 40k) means hiding into the terrain. It makes sense for infantry, but... I don't think it's possible for vehi- CREEEEEEED!
Shapers are the Kroot equivalent of sergeants, not commanders. Kroot commanders are called Master Shapers (source: Chapter Approved 2004).
A STEALTHED heavy tank? I wonder how many will notice that the hill they just attempted to take cover in was in fact a Vindicator, leading them to curse the tactical genius of their enemy with cries of 'CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!'. Even though Creed is an IG general. Oh well.
Not really, the roster is severely lacking compared to canon, at least for the Chaos Dwarfs part: read Tamurkhan and see for yourself. The Greenskins part, on the other hand, seem exaggerated: the Greenskins are slaves, not trained soldiers. I can't see why they could even be on par with normal Greenskins.
That's impractical - you'll hardly be able to see a Warlord's legs in the DoW scale, and for the Emperor, it's the size of a small MAP. Yes. A whole map.
Is it Blizzard soon (http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon)?
No, they have all been given to the Imperial Guard and converted into other types of superheavy tanks.
But whatever. They don't exist anymore in the battlefields in M41.
Keep in mind that Glaives are units for the Space Marine LEGIONS (ie Horus Heresy). They don't exist anymore by the timespan of 40K.
These Wraithknights are only monstrous creatures (albeit a really big one, ie Monolith-sized), not titan-sized. Plus, it's also in the new Eldar dex.
Will the next version incorporate content from the new DA codex?
I have a question: How are you going to make the Oocca and Church of Majora playable if they're emergent?
Ah, damn! I totally didn't realise that. I had no idea why WinRAR extracted that module in the codex folder instead of the main SS folder.
So I have managed to download all the mod files.
But now, there's yet another problem...
I extracted all the main files and the 3.2 fix (not the badge and banner pack) to the SS folder. But when I open the game manager, I don't see the mod there.
I have also installed the Tyranid, BT and UA mods, and they work perfectly. But not this one.
Another question: will the new units in the recent WD updates appear in the mod?
I'd prefer it if you'd make it available via torrents - such a popular mod will never have its army of seeders depleted!
Your choice anyway.
Sigh, everything's in Chinese, and requires an external program specifically to download...
I guess I might have to pass this.
Well, yes, I tried both FF and GC. And neither one worked.
And if I use proxies, it always ends midway through the download with a timeout, and I always have to start the whole thing again. And encounter the same problem again, again, and again,...
As for the IP block, right, it makes no sense. Some websites just like to block our country...