r006 of Those Magnificent Men available for download. This version adds a few new features: *Clouds! They don't do much, but they obscure your view. *Keys...
Set in the 1920s over a small collection of islands where aircraft is the only logical choice of transport, four races of men (vampires, werewolves, merman and shaddow people) are vying for political control.
You play as young pilot designing your own airframe and running errands between towns and cities across the islands trading, buying/selling stock, hiring crew and dogfighting.
The groups you work for affect the political landscape of the island.
Design your own aircraft.
Random island generator or Draw your own map.
1000 individually named locations.
Buy stock and sell for a profit at the various locations across the island.
Take on jobs for rival groups and political parties.
Upgrade your wings to boost your chance in dogfights.
Take on crew that provide you with additional bonuses.
[game play from r005demo version, r006 is now available]
[Design your own aircraft]
[Flying between Locations]
[Perform Errands for Political Groups]
[Hire a Motley Crew]
This new version of Those Magnificent Men brings you Guns and Race Selection
You can now play the game as one of 5 races:
Each race offers differing bonuses and penalties as shown in the screenie below:
Guns guns guns!
All the gun media has been improved and 5 new guns have been added, with more on the wa
The pic below shows the variation in gun-style, some of which are locked to the race you play the game as.
Other improvements include a new smoke system that looks a bit better as shown in the game-over screen below.
The full change log for r007
# ALL SHINY & NEW
- You can now chose the race you wish to play as:
- They are generally hatred by everyone. Hiring non-human crew is more expensive and they have no access to special upgrades. They have no bonuses, but they have no penalties either.
- They love the night and hate the day. They get a 5% speed bonus from 1900 to 0700, but suffer a 5% speed penalty from 0700 to 1900. Hiring vampire crew is cheaper, but hiring werewolf crew is more expensive. Vampires get access to Batham and Schorlus unique equipment.
- They are nocturnal, getting a 50% damage reduction bonus between 1900 and 0700, but they suffer a 50% damage penalty from 0700 to 1900. Hiring werewolf crew is cheaper, but hiring vampire crew is more expensive. Werewolves get access to Lycan and Munch unique equipment.
- They are not natural flyers and suffer a permanent 5% speed penalty. They do, however, get a 25% cargo bonus. Hiring mermen crew is cheaper, but there is no penalty for hiring crew of other races. Shaddow People also get access to Aquane and Nepthine unique equipment.
* Shaddow People
- They are naturally stealthy. They avoid half as likely to be attacked, but being sneaky means they are distructed and they take a 10% dealer penalty. Hiring Shaddow People crew is cheaper, but hiring other crew is expensive. Shaddow People also get access to Daep and Llygor unique equipment.
- Landings is the most difficult part of flying so now you can practice via the practice landings button.- Added two-touch dragging (same as right-click dragging) to enable maximum stock/part selection when using the touch-screen.
- Upgrade stats now pop-up when hovering over them.
- Random jobs will appear with a star - if these jobs are completed a random special upgrade will be unlocked and made available in the hangar.
# TWEAKED, ADJUSTED or POLISHED A BIT
- Some location names changed - personal preference.
- Font for location names changed.- Airframe designs can be deleted from the selection screen.
- Airframe name added available airframes in hangar screen.
- Side engine airframe part added to designer screen.
- Gun stats adjusted for balancing.
- New Guns, Engines and other equipment added, some are only available to specific races or if unlocked by jobs with random bonus.
- New Smoke images and removed smoke animation.- Adjusted snap distance to improve wing positioning with off-centre bodies.
# REPAIRED or PATCHED UP
- Corrected crew count in design screen.
- Corrected payment bug when completing package jobs.
- Fixed selling equipment bug.
- Fixed local quantity updating when buying/selling stock.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post download and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.
Latest tweets from @ched1980
@rickvanner see you guys at Play EXPO on Saturday :)
Oct 6 2015
Oct 3 2015
@GameDevsLikeYou I get distracted by new game ideas.
Sep 15 2015
@GameDevsLikeYou I build them in as I go. I see audio as important as visuals.
Sep 14 2015
Sep 6 2015
@GameDevsLikeYou pretty much all of it. I'm just starting the long hill climb of a new project.
Sep 5 2015
I designed a small part of this: Lisa Pathfinder: Gravity quest set to go into orbit T.co
Sep 5 2015