This new version of Those Magnificent Men brings you Guns and Race Selection
You can now play the game as one of 5 races:
- Shaddow Person
Each race offers differing bonuses and penalties as shown in the screenie below:
Guns guns guns!
All the gun media has been improved and 5 new guns have been added, with more on the wa
The pic below shows the variation in gun-style, some of which are locked to the race you play the game as.
Other improvements include a new smoke system that looks a bit better as shown in the game-over screen below.
The full change log for r007
# ALL SHINY & NEW
- You can now chose the race you wish to play as:
- They are generally hatred by everyone. Hiring non-human crew is more expensive and they have no access to special upgrades. They have no bonuses, but they have no penalties either.
- They love the night and hate the day. They get a 5% speed bonus from 1900 to 0700, but suffer a 5% speed penalty from 0700 to 1900. Hiring vampire crew is cheaper, but hiring werewolf crew is more expensive. Vampires get access to Batham and Schorlus unique equipment.
- They are nocturnal, getting a 50% damage reduction bonus between 1900 and 0700, but they suffer a 50% damage penalty from 0700 to 1900. Hiring werewolf crew is cheaper, but hiring vampire crew is more expensive. Werewolves get access to Lycan and Munch unique equipment.
- They are not natural flyers and suffer a permanent 5% speed penalty. They do, however, get a 25% cargo bonus. Hiring mermen crew is cheaper, but there is no penalty for hiring crew of other races. Shaddow People also get access to Aquane and Nepthine unique equipment.
* Shaddow People
- They are naturally stealthy. They avoid half as likely to be attacked, but being sneaky means they are distructed and they take a 10% dealer penalty. Hiring Shaddow People crew is cheaper, but hiring other crew is expensive. Shaddow People also get access to Daep and Llygor unique equipment.
- Landings is the most difficult part of flying so now you can practice via the practice landings button.- Added two-touch dragging (same as right-click dragging) to enable maximum stock/part selection when using the touch-screen.
- Upgrade stats now pop-up when hovering over them.
- Random jobs will appear with a star - if these jobs are completed a random special upgrade will be unlocked and made available in the hangar.
# TWEAKED, ADJUSTED or POLISHED A BIT
- Some location names changed - personal preference.
- Font for location names changed.- Airframe designs can be deleted from the selection screen.
- Airframe name added available airframes in hangar screen.
- Side engine airframe part added to designer screen.
- Gun stats adjusted for balancing.
- New Guns, Engines and other equipment added, some are only available to specific races or if unlocked by jobs with random bonus.
- New Smoke images and removed smoke animation.- Adjusted snap distance to improve wing positioning with off-centre bodies.
# REPAIRED or PATCHED UP
- Corrected crew count in design screen.
- Corrected payment bug when completing package jobs.
- Fixed selling equipment bug.
- Fixed local quantity updating when buying/selling stock.