With this patch Resident Evil (1996) will run in high resolution, at the correct speed and with full support for xinput controllers with working triggers\dpad...
In this game you play as: Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine. The player's character is a member of a special law enforcement task force who is trapped in a mansion populated by dangerous mutated creatures. The objective of the game is to uncover the mystery of the mansion and ultimately escape alive. The game's graphics consist of 3D polygonal characters and objects superimposed over pre-rendered backdrops with pre-determined camera angles. The player controls the character by pushing the d-pad or analog stick left or right to rotate the character and then move the character forward or backwards by the pushing the d-pad up or down.
It's monday again! ..monday.
Anyway, we've made a good amount of progress again and here is the changelog:
[ GRAPHICS ]
- Created a Resident Evil title screen (TITLE.pix)
- Created a alternative "Biohazard" title screen (TITLE.pix)
- Created a Rebirth like character select background (SEL_BACK.pix)
- Created a alternative character select background (SEL_BACK.pix) based on the
difficulty selection background from Rebirth
- Added Rebirth style arrows to the character select screen (SELECT_B.tim)
[ AUDIO ]
- Added a alternative title calling "Biohazard" (BIO01.wav & EVIL01.wav)
- Changed the following sounds
* Dining room clock tick (SE_01.wav) (Rebirth)
* Self Destruction alarm (SE_50.wav) (Rebirth)
* Self Destruction announcer (SE_51.wav) (Rebirth)
- Changed the following music
* At Deep Mountains And Dark Valleys, The Night Begins (BGM_00.wav) (Rebirth)
* Disappearance (BGM_02.wav) (Rebirth)
* 5 Minutes Until Explosion! (BGM_30.wav) (Rebirth)
[ VIDEO ]
- Greatly improved the quality of the following videos
* Warning screen (Capcom.avi)
* Teaser intro (ou.avi)
** also moved the Capcom logo in the beginning of this video in order to
prevent players from not seeing the company logo.
(they gave us this awesome game back in the day; of course we'll make sure
that the players know where the credit really belongs.)
See you again next week!