Red Alert: A Path Beyond Update
As has been stated, development on Red Alert: A Path Beyond continues. In fact, Pushwall and the team have released a new patch based on your feedback! In this update you will see map adjustments, infantry, vehicle, and boat changes, several aesthetic improvements, and more! But that's just the short of it.
Here's the long of it:
- The damage nuclear weapons do to units has been nerfed significantly; infantry take 1/3 as much damage as before (which will still kill most of them unless they're on the edge of the weapon's range, but Volkov can now barely survive a point blank demo) and vehicles take half as much damage.
- The Medic has a new weapon: The MP5-N sub-machinegun.
Compared to the "semi auto" M16 he previously had, this reduces his killing power from afar due to its lower accuracy and range (max range is halfway between that of the pistol and the M16) but in close quarters it is essentially a PKM with slightly more stopping power in exchange for a considerably smaller magazine and slightly worse accuracy. As a result, he is much more useful in CQB situations (where he is most likely to be used).
[The MP5-N was modeled by Ric, originally textured by The_Beerinator, and modified by Killing_You.]
- The Medic Kit's healing rate for armour is up from 0.5/sec to 1/sec.
- Half of the money you get for killing infantry is now given for damaging them instead.
- Fixed the points/money rewards for killing Sergeants/Thieves, which were 1% of what they should have been.
- Reduced movement penalties for the Shock Rifle.
- AI Snipers have 3 times the normal delay between shots, and 2 times the normal reload time.
- Grenadier splash radius up from 7.5 to 8.
- Flamethrower splash damage up from 25 to 27.5.
- Shock Rifle splash damage up from 5 to 7.5.
- Ranger price up from 500 to 600.
- Ore Truck price down from 1400 to 1000.
- Tesla Tank splash damage up from 15 to 20.
- Handling on Gunboat, Destroyer and Naval Transport has been improved.
- Depth charge "proximity" up from 17.5m to 25m.
- Attack Sub torpedo damage multiplier to buildings up from 0.1333 to 0.15 (a 12.5% increase)
- Attack Sub torpedo projectile speed up from 40 to 50.
- Destroyer rocket damage down from 80 to 75.
- Missile Sub rocket damage up from 40 to 42.5.
- Mine limit is up from 50 to 60.
- Each team cannot have more than 2 Demo Trucks on the field at once.
- Mammoth Tank's rate of fire is now equal to the Heavy Tank's.
- Ranger/APC guns have double the magazine capacity but they now mimic the damage/ROF of their handheld versions instead of just being better.
- Minelayers can carry a passenger.
- Supply Trucks, APCs, Naval Transports and Chinooks can now carry 6 people instead of 5.
- Added hud help text to Mobile Radar Jammer/MAD Tank explaining how to deploy/detonate.
- Mobile Gap Generator can no longer take a passenger since passengers screw with the bubble.
- Dead Ore Silos can no longer be stolen from.
- Fixed Soviet Ore Silos having slightly less health than Allied ones.
- The Grenadier's frag grenade has an updated model and first-person animation.
- Fixed the Grenadier's blocky thumb.
- The Helipad's appearance has been altered to be more consistent with the Refill Pad, and its light animation now only plays when reloading a unit and not all the time.
- Fixed z-fighting on the first person M16.
- The "ghost" M16 now uses the new M16 model.
- Bullet casings, grenades and depth charges are now properly lit.
- Silenced Beretta has a smoke puff.
- Pistols have bullet casings now, and rifles have new ones.
- Mobile Gap Generator now has a funnel like the normal Gap Generator.
- A bunch of sounds have been enhanced:
- Tanya's Colt .45 firing
- Longbow engine
- Volkov's voice/handcannon switching/reloading/AP firing
- LST engine
- Tesla Tank/MRJ engine
- Mammoth Tank engine/firing
- Door sounds
- Light Tank engine/firing
- Phase Tank engine/firing
- AA Gun firing
- M60 firing
- Defenses rotating
- C4 ticking
- Gunboat firing/reloading
- Cruiser firing (Seamist)
- Decals on dynamic objects (like units and base defenses) have been disabled due to the crashiness and visual issues surrounding them. They may be reimplemented at a later date when they are more stable.
- RA_AS_Seamist: Allied unit composition has changed:
- Start with 1 less Light Tank and APC
- After 5 minutes, they gain 1 Medium Tank and APC by Chinook airdrop.
- In the LST drop, a Medium Tank and APC are downgraded to a Light Tank and Ranger.
- RA_AS_Seamist: Soviets now have a Service Depot by their Helipad.
- RA_Fissure: Removed Thieves and Mechanics from the purchase list.
- RA_Fissure: Timer shortened to 10 minutes.
- RA_ForestOfIllusion: Changed some things with the Chrono Vortex event.
- RA_ForestOfIllusion: Timer shortened to 12 minutes 30 seconds.
- RA_ForestOfIllusion: Added a couple places for crates to spawn away from the control points.
- RA_GuardDuty: Allied ore tunnel and Soviet north mountain pass are now impassable to vehicles.
- RA_GuardDuty: Removed some overlapping water sounds.
- RA_KeepOffTheGrass: Minelayers now work, so the map shall be added back into the rotation!
- RA_PacificThreat: Flight ceiling is raised from 37.5m to 50m.
- RA_Pipeline: Added a Flame Tower/Pillbox to the WF side base entrances.
- RA_RidgeWar: Replaced the Tesla Coil with a Flame Tower.
- RA_RockTrap: Reduced the chance for health crates and added an MP5-N crate.
- RA_RockTrap: Added a couple places for crates to spawn away from the control points.
Get to the W3D Hub Launcher and grab this patch update. Be on the lookout for more updates and see you on the battlefield!