Overgrowth takes place in the savage world of Lugaru where rabbits, wolves and other animals are forced to use paws, claws and medieval weaponry to engage each other in battle. Combining 3rd person adventure platforming with intricate melee combat, Overgrowth achieves a unique feel. Overgrowth also benefits from Wolfire's brand new Phoenix Engine which has been built from the ground up to allow the use of cutting edge graphics, animation, and physics. Add to these exciting features Overgrowth’s realistic artificial intelligence and streamlined control system and the result is an astoundingly immersive experience.
David demonstrates new features including rolls are less effective at moving up slopes new uniform scale, new trackball rotation, overbright option to detail objects, added normal_conform detail object parameter, added detail object angle jitter, and more!
Posted by jeffr on Feb 13th, 2012
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Rolls are less effective at moving up slopes
- Added invisible forcefield at edge of the world
- New uniform scale
- New trackball rotation
- Added notifications for out-of-date shadows, ao, nav mesh
- Fixed normal map problem with detail objects
- Added overbright option to detail objects
- Added normal_conform detail object parameter
- Added detail object angle jitter
- Undo/redo works with sun editor
- Updated angelscript and added string utilities
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.