Cry of Fear 1.3 has gone live! This might be our biggest patch yet, containing an awesome new game mode, including new maps and monsters. We could almost call this a DLC. Check out the trailer here!
We're also really glad we reached 200,000 downloads! We never thought that would happen so early. I personally expected it to happen at the end of this year, but it went so much quicker! Awesome, plain awesome. Anyway, here's the changelist of patch 1.3:
- Added a new game mode including 4 maps, where one of the maps are new
- Added a new monster
- Added an example campaign
- Added support for custom campaigns
- Added new donators
- Made players in co-op spawn with more health after CPR
- Made monsters easier to kill in co-op
- Made monsters able to attack players when performing CPR
- Made monsters able to attack players when standing inside eachothers in co-op
- Made CPR time shorter in co-op
- Made the time shorter when being knocked out by a taller
- Fixed death animation when stomped by taller
- Fixed Glock and VP70 sharing the same ammo when dual wielding
- Added more variations of the Psycho attack
- Added a flinch animation to the Psycho
- Fixed potential multiplayer crash
- Added a Facebook and Afraid of Monsters link in the launch app
- Fixed the bossbar in the city2 map in co-op
- Added bossbar to when Simon spawns in co-op
- Added abillity to heal other players with syringes in co-op
- Added abillity to revive other players with syringes in co-op
- Added an icon next to the player names to show if they have a syringe or not
- Added bolt reload when zooming in with the sniper
- Made it so the rifle can shoot through monsters, making it so you can get a double kill!
- Added some more "scares" around the levels, in both single player and co-op
- Made it so the mod tells the player that they should launch the mod with the launch app in case they haven't
- Fixed monsters thinking players were still in the server when they had left
To find the changelists of patch 1.1, head here:
To find the changelists of patch 1.2, head here:
How to install patch 1.3
1. Launch the CoF app program (the shortcut that generates on your desktop when you install Cry of Fear). If you don't have the shortcut, you can manually find the .exe in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\yourusername\half-life\CryOfFear\CoFLaunchApp.exe.
2. Once your launch program is up, simply click "CHECK FOR UPDATES", and it will download it and install it for you automatically. Once the install is done, restart Steam.
If you want to download manually, you can do so here: www.cry-of-fear.com/patches/patch.exe
Cry of Fear v1.0
For you who have not yet tried Cry of Fear, please download it from here down below. We recommend you follow this guide if you are not sure how to install Cry of Fear:
Cry of Fear SDK 1.1
SDK v1.1 contains more info about the logic and scripting + an SDK campaign demonstrating how things works. It also demonstrates how the new game mode logic works. Go to the download section to find the latest SDK version.
Cry of Fear Official Soundtrack
As we said on the other news, we have released the Cry of Fear OST. It contains 50 songs of emotional and horrifying music, along with many other secret unused songs that we planned to have in the game. The songs are mastered and mixed to suit best as music rather than in-game music for a game.
You can find the album here:
We hope that you will enjoy this patch! Please leave a comment on what you think, and why not follow us on Facebook? We almost post news every day on it, and we have a lot more going on in our Facebook. For all of you fans, we recommend it! Simply click on the facebook icon to head to our facebook.
Anyways, see you out there, and hopefully you will cry of fear.