Battle Cry of Freedom, brings brutal real-time first and third person combat set in the 19th Century America, presenting players with the opportunity to re-fight the American Civil War as either the Union or the Confederates. A wide range of Troop Types, ranging from the common soldiers to musicians and artillery, all with their own purpose and tasks.
Hello and welcome back to our Developer Blog. Today due to an imminent release, we have an announcement to make about Napoleonic Wars!
As some of you may have noticed, the new Napoleonic Wars patch is currently in Beta and is now available on Steam. The purpose of this beta is to kill any bugs that may appear, and to balance out all the new maps so we can have a perfect final release. So do not hesitate to post your feedback!
Flying Squirrel Entertainment has also decided to now provide an official 200 player Siege server, and an official 200 player Battle server. Both servers will run all the new maps, and most of the old maps. Any suggestions with regards to the map rotations being used on our servers are highly appreciated!
To learn more about the Patch, please read our Fifth Developer Blog where we go into a little more detail.
But for those of you who don’t like to read all that much, here is a condensed version of the feature list:
- Added the following new British units; Sailor, Marine and Post Captain.
- Added the following new French units; Sailor, Marine and Post Captain.
- Added pirate voices for the british ship crew.
- Added a new big Frigate ship scene prop.
- Added a lot of exciting new maps and map fixes.
- Saint’s Isle
- Forest Palisade
- Fort al Hafya
- Fort de Chartres
- Citadelle Napoleon
- Charge to the Rhine
- Siege of Toulon
- Fort George
- Fort Bashir
- Fort Nylas
- Fort Brochet
- When a unit dies that carries a shovel in his backpack, it will always be dropped on the floor so people can pick it up and use it to remove earthworks that might be in the way.
- Added a extra caption to Internal Admin chat, so you can tell them apart.
- Reduced the length of the cavalry swords a bit, they had ghostly long range.
- Made all artillery less accurate on long range to balance the powerfull destruction force.
- Reduced the range an explosion would have by 30%, to balance the extremely powerful howitzers and mortars.
- Made cannonballs lose more force on ground hit and bounce less to make them less unstoppable.
- Made pistols some more accurate, it will now really hit within the player visible circle, to balance them, the reload is now slightly slower though.
- Decreased the damage the rifle in melee would inflict, they were more powerful than most real melee weapons
- Reduced the health of all medium and heavy horses to balance their classes.
- Made the armor points of the british cavalry helmets to be on par with other factions helmets.
- Removed the blunderbuss from the selection for russian dragoon cavalry they were too powerfull for that class.
- Fixed a bug with some rocks uses in maps that were not having a collision mesh which allowed people to hide in.
- Fixed all colision meshes for trees, should now not block bullets on wrong places, and some trees were walk through, now not anymore.
- Fixed collision mesh for the sandbags which will now block bullets on the right places and not in thin air.
- Fixed colisionmesh of the couch so it won't block bullets in thin air.
- Fixed that when you switch your weapon to melee you would walk slower.
- Fixed all cases that some ranks and some units were running faster or slower than others.
- Fixed a bug in the admin panel that it sometimes selected the wrong player, or does not work at all when clicking a player.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the prussian guard drummer to ride horses.
- Fixed a glitch that allowed you to teleport into a building by playing a piano from it’s backside.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed you to play two tunes at once as a musician.
- Fixed a bug in siege that some doors are reversed, can be walked through when closed and so on.
- ze_treasure prop will now always give out pirate hats to the user.
- Fixed a bug that spawned birds randomly on all custom maps.
Join the Public Beta!
To activate the Beta please follow these simple steps:
Activation code: beta
1.) Open up your steam library. Find Mount & Blade Warband, then right click the game to bring up a list of options. Select the “Properties” tab.
2.) Now you see a small popup, along the top there are several tabs, slide your gaze along until you find the one titled “BETAS”.
3.) Then type in the activation code "beta", press “check code” then ok. Steam will then automatically start the installation after a few moments.
Client patch: (Needs 1.000 installed!)
Client full installer:
Thanks for reading.
Flying Squirrel Entertainment
To take part in the discussion of this Blog please go here.
Latest tweets from @fse_games
Apr 17 2013, 5:27pm
Apr 1 2013, 6:20pm
Mar 17 2013, 11:31am
Mar 3 2013, 4:29pm
Feb 17 2013, 3:56pm
Feb 10 2013, 11:58am
Feb 3 2013, 1:54pm
Jan 21 2013, 3:50am
Jan 14 2013, 12:41pm