RELEASED. The second expansion to and definitive edition of Total War Hydra. The mythical island of Atlantis with its city-state has been added to the...
When Aeson died he left an Empire almost as large as that of Alexander the Great. Diocles easily succeeded him as the Thracian High-King and Hegemon of Greece but eventually squandered the success of his predecessors. In 180 BC a civil war broke out that led, like during the aftermath of Alexander’s death, to the falling apart of the empire with several dynasties vying for control, resources and armies. Orpheus song that had accompanied the Thracian marching armies during years of victorious conquests, armies that had brought splendor and renown to an once fairly obscure people, had at last to come to an end.
The hydra of Lerna was known in antiquity as a multi-headed monster that spawned new heads each time one of its own was cut off. The five major factions have popped up like the multi-headed monster headed monster in this game. It's up to you, as a player, to defeat the monster while taking charge of one of the leading five families of the former Thracian empire in this grandiose alternative history scenario. Unique units and buildings for each faction in this vanilla like game with massive armies, dangerous barbarians lurking in the north and vengeful persians biding their moment in the east this mod offers plenty of game hours to play with.
- Four complete new factions: Massilia, House of Balas (red Greeks), Amazonia and Kingdom of Atlantis.
- six rebranded modded factions: House of Strymon (Thrace), House of Melas, House of Kalas, House of Python, Chersonesos and Kingdom of the Carpi.
- A few eastern buildings have been added to the Greek factions in the east for further imersion.
- Almost every Greek faction has an elite armoured hoplites unit.
- Thracian units have been incorporated into five other factions beside Thrace.
- Cities have been renamed into their respective ancient Greek ones.
- Some ancillaries have been changed into a Greek version.
- Thracian family members have Greek surnames.
- Some units have been renamed into greek too.
- Royal Bastarnae function now as Roman legions in the CarpiKingdom expansion or 2.0 version.
- Far higher upkeep of Greek units in the CarpiKingdom or 2.0 version to keep the game challenging.
- A document with a full "historical" explanation of the Rise and Fall of the Thracian Empire has been added to the CarpiKingdom file (till 1.5 version). For the history buffs among you.
The Hydra file is the sort-off basic vanilla game while the CarpiKingdom mod is its expansion version. The latter offers an extra faction plus several new units.
With special thanks to the creators including Korsakoff (of the Illyria Reborn & VE), ahowl11's Vanilla Enhancement Mod - HRTW mod , The SwanMod and subRosa's Amazon: Total War.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This version fully corrects the earlier released version. Missing textures are now included. Eastern elephants and carthaginian archers have been added...
This file was a fix of the older one where some textures were missing. -> out of date. There were still files missing. Has now been fixed in the NewHydra...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.