58BC is a mod set in the last days of the Roman Republic. It covers the most important victories and campaing of Julius Caesar from the battles against...
58 B.C. - Caesar Imperator! for Rome: Total War v1.1
A late Roman Republic mod for RTW:BI
58BC is a mod set in the last days of the Roman Republic. It covers the most important victories and campaing of Julius Caesar from the battles against the Helvetii to the final victory at Munda.
This is a one-faction only mod. Caesar must survive every battle or the game will end.
The mod is centered on battles so you should not worry on empire building management but focus instead on defeating the enemy’s armies with the lower amount of casualties possible.
Since we are focusing entirely on Caesar career we can force the script to do thing that on other mods are nearly impossible to achieve.
In 58BC you can forget of the AI backstabbing you since we scripted peace between certain factions that weren’t at war during our time period. This does not imply that certain factions will send small armies to raid your frontiers, but no major scale wars are to be expected.
In order to feel the best gameplay experience in 58BC it is very important that the player follows the scripted missions. The advisor will appear from time to time to declare the objectives of the next mission and will provide the victory or defeat message of each mission. The script is written in a way that the player will suffer some penalties (big ones) if he does not follow this objectives.
In case you have forgotten of your targets you can always look out to the traits of Caesar and search for the “Objectives” trait which will be constantly updated as you play the game with more important news.
If you fullfill your missions in time you will be rewarded. Some times you will only win money or reputation, but certain objectives are there to represent the entire subjugation of a provice.
For example, on the first DBC mission, you have to take Arminium and Arretium from the hands of the SPQR on a certain number of turns. If you achieve victory then a message will pop up describing your victory and that the rest of the Italian cities have opened the gates to you. When you hit the end turn button you will see that every city in Italy, Sicily and Corsica has passed to your side, expelling the SPQR garrisons!!!
By using this script we made sure that 58BC will not become one of those siege-fest mods where you have to attack every city even if it holds a one unit garrison.
Similar scripts are present at EVERY mission of the game (specially the DBC ones). This is why it’s important to listen to the advisor and follow its advice.
Core Team Members:
- Bucellarii: History Department
- Empedocles: Public Relations and Beta Testing Departments
- DaVinci and Salvor Hardin: Coding and Mapping Departments
-Salvor Hardin: Every department.
- Stuie: coding.
- King Arthur: modelling and 2-D art.
- PsychoV: modelling and 2-D art.
- Uranos: Unit Cards.
- Hip63: mod installer.
- Octavius Vatco: 2-D art, coding.
- Publius: modelling.
- Cloudos88: coding.
- Imbecilicus Maximus: history department.
- Anallein: coding.
- L7c: historical portraits
- Kozak: historical portraits
Artists who have been so kind to lend us their units for this project:
- Limes: some cool Roman legions
- Ferres, GODzilla and Pinarius: more cool Roman legions
- LAca: Numidian and Mauretanian units
- Arbaces: Dacian units
- King Louise Assurbanipal: miscellaneous units
- Caetratii: Cantabri units
- Anyone who created a unit for RTR or TFT, of whom I can mention: Caius Britannicus, Webbird, Attilla_Relloaded, Warspite, Abu and Rico. Please forgive if I am forgetting somebody.
Beta-testers for this project:
- Mars Magnus.
Other important contributors:
- Marcus Camilus: scripting and coding.
- Riczu: strat map units and icons.
-hip63: For his amazing FRRE installer
- Snake and Maced0n: interface.
- LestaT: coding of the mod_switch version.
- Goth: battlemap lightning system.
- Candelarius: some 2-D art.
- Epistolary Richard: scripting.
Special thanks sections:
- RTR and RTRPE past and present teams: 58BC owes a lot to this mod. Special thanks go to: Marcus Cornelius Marcellus, for his support and friendship.
- The Europa Barbarorum team:for the courtesy of letting us the units created by: Spartan Warrior, Kali, Alin, Epistolary Richard, Aymar de Bois Mauri, PsychoV, Vercingetorix and Prometheus. Particular thanks must go to Teleklos Archelau and Marcus Aurelius Antonius.
- The FRRE creators: Stuie, Orb and DaVinci.
- Mydraal, Epistolary Richard and anyone at totalwar.org and TWCenter.net who ever wrote a tutorial.
- SEGA and The Creative Assembly.
“Dedicated to the memory of my beloved mother.” (Salvor (Jordi) Hardin)
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Instructions for Extract: 58BC/data/world/maps/battle/custom
This is RS2 Environments add-on for 58BC: Caesar Imperator v1.2.
(If you are a developer of this mod, I’m just submitting because it hasn’t been completed. I believe Salvor Hardir and Bucelarii were happy to see...
First Triumvirate between Caesar, Pompey and Crassus, you will be able to choose one of the three triumvirates and reach the desired glory. 1. The triumph...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Are you tired of riots and revolts? It is necessary to exterminate the populace, but you think that Their Lives Matter? This mod is a solution. Now faces...
Expanded and greatly improved vanilla game, with rich details and custom content, dynamic battles, hundreds of new units in consistent style and design...
Introduction Augustus Total War is about the Early Roman Empire. Augustus manly focuses on Octavianus Caesar and Marcus Antonius as rules of the Roman...
This total overhaul of Rome:Total War is based upon the Second World War. It contains historical battle locations on different fronts.
Welcome to TheSwanMod for RTW1, that taking the Vanilla gameplay and extend it by combining 3 main aspects: 1)Europa 270 map by Webbird, 2)RTW Units Addon...
Paeninsula Italica is a historical mod, with the time frame of 338-222 B.C., and with aims to recreate the great struggles for the supremacy of Italy.
No mods were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the mod list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.