It's finally here! All our community can now enjoy the remastered version of Stargate Space Conflict. This version is identical to the Steam version and uploaded to moddb for GOG players of Homeworld: Remastered Collection to enjoy the mod.
If you run into any issues please report it on the steam page or on our discord: Discord.gg
For Steam owners of Homeworld: Remastered Collection
For GOG owners of Homeworld: Remastered Collection
- Download the mod from moddb
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Homeworld Remastered\HomeworldRM\DATAWORKSHOPMODS
- Make new folder called "stargate"
- Unpack the downloaded zip and put into folder
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Homeworld Remastered\HomeworldRM\Bin\Release
- Make a shortcut from HomeworldRM.exe (right click, Create shortcut)
- Right click on the shortcut, properties, shortcut in the top tabs
- In the target field add "-workshopmod stargate\StargateSpaceConflictMilkyWay.big" (without the quotation marks) to the end
- Run the shortcut
In this update over the last 6 months, I have been working on reinventing our shield system as the current system wasn't working. It required changes to every ship that had shields and has been incredibly time consuming. Whilst I was doing this, I also took the chance to add hyperspace animations to the ships as well as recoding the backend for what handles the shields & hyperspace systems.
The new shield systems visuals are sometimes skipped but this is accounted for. It also works better on some ships than others. Please let us know on our discord or steam page about ships that aren't working particularly well, and I will fine tune them further!
- New shield system
- New shield system meshes made for Tauri station, carrier, prometheus, BC-304 & Goauld station, carrier, shipyard, hatak, hatak anubis, hatak apophis, apophis flagship
- New hyperspace system
- New hyperspace in/out animations for the Tauri station, carrier, shipyard, prometheus, BC-304 & Goauld station, carrier, shipyard, hatak, hatak anubis, hatak apophis, apophis flagship
- Fixed the majority of shield issues on most ships
- Fixed the multiplayer crashing issue when there was more than 2 players
- Fixed hyperspace animations on most ships
- Fixed hatak weapon shooting effects (was missing)
- As well as multiple other minor fixes
- Anubis flagship & Odyssey doesn't have the new shield system yet or hyperspace animations (holdup with the models)
- Some icons are missing for research items
- Capture ships are going inside of ships it is capturing rather than landing on-top of them
- Balancing needs to be worked on!
Check out our trello here: Trello.com