A complete overhaul of how ammo works in the game. New ammo types, new armor penetration system bypassing the engjne, tankier mutants but weaker weakspots. Inspired by are recommended to be taken down with AP Ammo. Overhauls BAS weapons recoil. Only concerns Player to NPC/Monsters shots.
[1.5.4] Grok's Ballistics Overhaul - EFT-like
Bullets have to break the NPCs armor before dealing damage. There are some concussion damage still but they are nerfed heavily. Concussion still staggers enemies. The higher the ammo penetration power, the quicker the NPCs armor is depleted. High penetration ammo even penetrates armor directly. Each NPCs have armor values for each limb based on their visual model. Legs armor is reduced. Damage localization is also more pronounced (damage reduction based on limbs).
It balances buckshots because their penetration value is extremely low, thus making buckshot useful only against unarmored or lightly armored targets (early stalkers and mutants). To kill an exo with buckshots, you'll likely need more than 10 shots. But 3-4 AP 7.62x39 or 9x39 to the chest and they are dead. AP ammo price has thus been increased because you need much less of these to kill armored foes. Since their price is high, AP ammo must be used with care. FMJ basic ammo are still useful, but you'll need to shoot the legs of a Nosorog if you want to incapacitate it.
Slugs and AP Slugs (Darts) thus received a boost and they are designed for stalker hunting. Ammo categories have been revamped too. Most calibers have basic ammo (FMJ), hollow-point ammo (HP) or armor piercing ammo (AP). EP ammo has been converted to HP ammo. HP ammo efficiency has been boosted so that shotguns are not the king anymore to kill mutants. .45 Hydrashock is the king. SMG are buffed too : time to kill is generally faster with this add-on, and despite reduced SMG damages (in vanilla a 9x19 deals the same damage has a 5.45 weapon), their recoil has been reworked so that they are still super efficient at close range and super cheap to use compared to higher caliber weapons. Some iconic weapons like PPSh and P90, which have their own caliber, have been reinforced a bit. Now 5.7 is now a clear upgrade compared to 9x19. And 7.62x25 is slightly better than 9x19 FMJ, but it lacks progression and versatility.
Among other changes, the add-on brings it's own weapon recoil balance, two set of icons with ammo name (original icons and a brand new set of icons), a rework of grenades damages based on NPC armor profile and more (see full description below).
This add-on heavily changes how Anomaly must be played. Be warned. Read the description below.
No new game required.
Safe to remove.
Use MAO if you like vanilla models, it works best with this add-on (reason is explained in 1.1.4 changelog): Moddb.com
Be sure to have bullet hit power at 1 in the option gameplay menu.
Complete rework of the ballistics framework of Anomaly.
Changes notably the bullets and armor penetration from PLAYER to NPCs (not the other way around) using EFT ammunition system as an inspiration. The goal is to have a more realistic ballistic system where you must take into account the armor of your ennemy and the ammo type you are using.
- Completely reworked ballistics: ammuntion Armor Penetration (AP) power is compared to limb (bone) armor. If the AP power > bone armor, damages are applied. If AP power < bone armor, no damages are applied and bone armor is reduced based on AP power. Ammo with low AP power thus need to break an opponents limb armor before starting doing damage. AP ammo are thus required to kill heavily armored targets. FMJ and HP ammo will still work, but the ennemy armor must be destroyed by many of these bullets to start doing damage.
- EFT-like blur when getting hit: screen gets blurred like in Tarkov when getting hit using a ppe effect from xcvb. Thanks bratan.
- Custom Less Intense Enhanced Recoil Effects activated by default. It is much less overwhelming than base game don't worry. Disable Enhanced Recoil Effects in the options to not cumulate both. Based on Bazzingarey Reduced Enhanced Recoil. You can increase the recoil by copying the grok_bo_enhanced_recoil.script multiple times.
- Bullet damage and penetration power properly decrease with the distance depending on ammo air resistance. 9x19 will have damage halved at 150m for instance.
- Old ammo are as powerful as Normal ammo but destroy your weapon condition much faster.
- Limb damage rework: Damages applied will highly depend on the targeted limb.
- Leg armor rework: every ammo shot at the legs will get a boost to armor penetration (+0.12 AP power). If you are facing a heavy armored target without proper AP ammo, aim for the legs... or the head ! This system basically allows "leg meta". This is mainly to take into account that most armors cannot protect the user legs as good as his body armor.
- New bullet description using the Russian BR classification for ammo penetration, much more clear: N AP power, BR1 - BR2 = penetrate light armors, BR3 - BR4 = penetrate middle-class armors, BR5 - BR6 = penetrate heavy armors.
- Reworked AP ammo (Armor Penetration): are expensive but will defeat any endgame heavily armored target. They are end game ammo, don't use them against lightly armored targets. You can craft them too.
- Reworked FMJ ammo (Full Metal Jacket): are cheap and must be used to kill lightly armored targets... of if you don't have the money to buy good ammo.
- Reworked HP ammo (Hollow-Point): are a bit more expensive than FMJ and must be used to kill mutants or to kill stalkers by aiming for the legs!
- Sniper ammo are actually very powerful now, but also very expensive. Lapua and 50 BMG will most likely one shot most ennemies to the chest... if you can afford them.
- Buckshots will work as inexpensive, early game ammo. Forget about them mid and late game. They aren't useful anymore against exos.
- PPSH and P90 buff: just give these weapon a try. I didn't make it on purpose, it's just that with the new framework, they started to shine.
- 9x19 AP as early heavy armored target killer: inexpensive AP ammo that will work at close range, very good HP ammo to kill mutants... 9x19 got buffed!
- 5.45x39 increased dmg but reduced AP - HP ammo are really good to kill mutants.
- 5.56 increased AP but reduced damages - good to burst targets at long range.
- 7.62x39 recoil is higher compared to other assault rifles. Higher bullet drop than vanilla.
- 7.62x51 is still king, but weapons will have a high recoil.
- Grenades deal more damage against lightly armored targets but less damage to heavy armored targets.
- Mutants are much more tanky. Most mutants body shots damage are reduced.
- Mutants weakspots improved : you will do more damage by aiming for the head.
- Some ammo are much more usefull against mutants: HP ammo, .357 magnum, .45 Hydrashock, buckshots, slugs, 7.62x25 Pst.
- Fixed headshot AP bonus mechanism (buckshots work as intended now).
- Improved shotguns ammo balance.
- Introduced a beta version for GBO to be applied to all NPCs in the zone - UNTESTED.
- Introduced a new AP buff against stalkers: aim for the eyes.
- Decreased mutants tankiness.
- Reworked all BAS weapons recoils. The more expensive the gun of a given category, the less recoil.
- Fixed and balanced KS-23 buckshots and slugs. KS-23 buckshots are improved 12/70 buckshots. KS-23 Barrikada ammo are super strong (will one shot anything most likely) but are expensive.
- Fixed and balanced 20/70 buckshots and Toz 106.
- Reworked Anomaly Bizon recoil and upgrade tree: it's now a viable option as a 9x18 SMG for the beginning of the game. You will thus now be able to convert Bizon to 7.62x25. The Bizonin 7.62x25 (which exists IRL) has much less recoil than PPSh but shoot a bit slower and with less ammo in the mag. It's a really good gun for cheap mid range fights against medium armored stalkers.
- Slight 7.62x25 buff.
- Fixed mutants damage formula - no more squishy mutants
- Mutants are much tankier compared to vanilla to FMJ and AP ammo.
- Mutants body shots damage are overall nerfed.
- Mutants weakspots damage are improved - aim for the head.
- .357 magnum huge damage buff to mutants.
- 7.62x25 Pst damage buff to mutants.
- Further Hydrashock fine-tuning.
- Knives damage fix for mutants.
- Use AEK 5.45 HP or UMP45 Hydrashock to hunt big mutants. Saiga is also a very nice option with buckshots to use cheap ammo, slugs are better (since they are more expensive) especially when used on weakspots.
- If you don't have buckshots / slugs / HP ammo / Hyrashock / .357 magnum and encounter a big mutant (Chimera, Bloodsucker), you are most likely screwed.
- Buffed KS-23 ammo.
- Fixed weightless ammo merged in the main folder. Main folder has bullets with weight has it should be.
- Fixed a crash related to getting k_ap parameter from some hits without any k_ap parameter. This comes from pre-programmed hits for instance like in X19 Lab where actor hits bloodsuckers when openning the first door to make these bloodsuckers aggressive. It also fixes some weird crashes with player vs stalker and much likely the fight against Eidolon.
- Fixed knife 4 k_hit.
- Increased AP power of .357 ammo (0.25 to 0.30).
- Shotguns fix (aim_bullet to false) moved to optionnal patches. Don't use if you have Blindsides Reanimation.
- Nerfed leg meta. Exos could be really easily cheesed because of this. Now AP ammo in the torso/head are better than FMJ in the legs as it should be.
- Full bypass of engine calculations applied after GBO for STALKERs. What you see in the GBO report is corresponding to the real damages dealt by each ammunition hit.
- Cleaner and shorter console report.
- Introduction of mutants damage modifiers. Mutants are more tanky to FMJ ammo. AP ammo deal a bit more damage than FMJ (it will be fixed later). HP ammo are much better than the rest.
- Buckshots very slight nerf against mutants (you will most likely one shot everything with buckshots still, but sometimes not, like against Snorks).
- Saiga and VEPR12 aim_bullet turned to false - this prevent the absurd damage of these two shotguns compared to others (Saiga can one shot a pseudogiant with a buckshot).
- EFT Reposition Patch for Saiga and VEPR12.
- Boosted .45 Hydrashock damage, they are now the best rounds to kill mutants. It's now worthy to have a side weapon with such ammo. Go UMP45 if you are afraid of mutants.
- Reduced .45 Hydrashock ammo price slightly.
- Buffed the 7.62x54R damage substantially. They will now one shot targets most likely - apart from the heavily armored targets where 12.7 or Lapua are required to one shot. It was always necessary to two shot in the chest despite the ammo price. So it's now fixed. Aiming for the head is still better ;)
1.4.4: Crash fix for all types of explosive barrels / tanks / stuff.
- Russian localization for ammo description kindly provided by Enola Straight.
- Explosive Barrel crash fix.
- Revamped grok_bo.script code.
- Revamped limbs damage because the engine is still applying limbs damage after GBO. Engine is also applying AP power boost, so AP ammo deal a bit more damage than FMJ most likely. Seems balanced to me. Disparities can happen between GBO output damage and actual damages the NPC takes.
- Revamped knives and axes penetration so they work with GBO (you need better knives and axes to pierce armor of highly protected targets).
- Fixed crash upon mines explosion.
- Updated to the latest MAO version.
1.4.1: fix for the HD models patch.
- Weightless ammo patch.
- HD Models New version patch.
- Refined hit effects (flashes are toned down).
- Snipers ammo pierce arms and hands (hit redirection to torso).
- Fixed snipers ammo one shotting in legs.
- Grenades are now correctly handled. Their damage is scaled based on NPC armor profile. Stability increases and much more precise system (no assumption based on normal damages exceeding a certain threshold anymore). Also, grenades quick thrown are now properly working (before, damages of the weapon in hand was used).
- Increased differences between SMG and Automatic Rifles ammo:
- Slightly reduced SMG FMJ AP power to increase the importance of bigger caliber guns.
- Increased SMG ammo air resistance (less damage at mid range)
- Increased SMG ammo speed
- Increased 7.62x39 AP power of AP and FMJ ammo
- Increased 7.62x39 FMJ price slightly
- Basic k_cam_dispersion to 0.7. AP ammo at 0.8 and HP at 1.0.
- Increased AK103 recoil.
- Old Ammo Icons Patch introduction - Apply after main gamedata addon installation.
- New icons now have blue details on the boxes for AP ammo and Red details for HP ammo.
- BAIN installation compatibility with MO2.
- 9x18 - 9x18 - .45 ACP balance again
- Slightly decreased 9x18 damage
- Slightly decreased 9x19 damage
- Slightly increased .45 damage
- Slightly decreased .45 AP
- Significantly increased old ammo weapon condition impairing.
- Introducing per ammo type recoil:
- Reduced FMJ ammo recoil (1.0 to 0.4)
- Slightly reduced AP ammo recoil (1.0 to 0.8)
- Same recoil for HP ammo not all ammo before patch (1 to 1)
- Revamped snipers ammo (higher FMJ 7.62x54 k_ap, stat swaping between .338 lapua and 12.7)
- Gauss gun battery price increase
- Changed 5.56 ammo icons for better differentiation between bullet types.
- 9x18 changes for easier survivalist start:
- Increased 9x18 FMJ and AP damage
- Decreased 9x18 HP damage
- 9x19 balancing:
- Increased 9x19 FMJ and AP damage
- Decreased 9x19 HP damage
- Decreased 9x19 air resistance (can shoot farther than 9x18).
- 5.7 and 7.62x5 balance:
- Decreased 5.7 air resistance
- Decreased 7.62x25 air resistance
- Increased .45 ACP Hydrashock damage - they are now the designated mutants killer, but they lack versatily - make your choice ;)
- Reduced AK103, AK103 camouflage and RPK recoil (aim for these for endgame 7.62x39 weapons).
- Increased P90 AP ammo penetration.
- Revamped some recoil patterns for the upcoming Contract Wars Pack (AK12 notably).
- Slightly reduced most ammo AP.
- Slightly Reduced HP ammo damage.
- Increased 5.45 AP price (it was wrongly low).
- Decreased SVD Lynx recoil.
- Increased effect when being hit.
- Increased BAS weapons AP and power slightly.
- Reduced weapons degradation.
- Introduction of new icons with tooltips in a 100% conflict free manner, thanks to Cr3pis for the icons and the patch.
- Vanilla icons support will come later.
- Enhanced recoil compatibility with the upcoming CW pack.
- Updated for the latest More Armours and Outfits version (2.1.0), Moddb.com
- More precise hit detection (less unknown bone_id being hit).
- Hands hits are now attributed to forearms.
- Reworked bullets visibility:
- Updated bullet size to match caliber. Substantial projectile size increase across the board.
- Reworked tracers : enabled all tracers / disabled 4on1 tracers. Reworked colors. Orange: FMJ and HP ammo, Green: AP ammo.
- Changed tracers texture to the Trace On add-on and further refined it. Thanks to Nekousagi. They are now much less Star Wars but still informative.
- Included BAS Patch directly in the config files of the addon: just install this addon after BAS, that's it. Delete old patch.
- Corrected some ammo description typos.
- Introduced enhanced recoil for BAS weapons.
- Ammo balance:
- .45 Hydrashock - restored as HP ammo, k_ap 0.15, k_hit 1.8. Changed ammo name to reflect their "HP" nature.
- 9x19 HP - reduced hit damage (1.8 > 1.4).
- 9x19 AP - reduced AP (0.45 > 0.40).
- 9x39 - reduced ammo speed (1.0 > 0.85), slightly increased air resistance (0.15 > 0.18), slightly increased damages (0.8 > 0.9), increased projectile size (0.048 > 0.08).
- Darts - increased bullet drop and air_resistance (0.5 > 0.6), reduced k_ap (0.70 > 0.50), slightly reduced k_hit (1.75 > 1.65). Renamed as AP Slugs.
- Slugs - increased k_hit (2.0 > 2.2).
- Recoil balance:
- Increased recoil of shotguns bm16 and bm16_full profiles.
- Slightly increased recoil of 7.62x39 weapons. AK103 and RPK have the lowest recoil among 7.62x39 weapons.
- Slightly decreased recoil of most 5.56 and 5.45 weapons.
Increased recoil of all snipers.
- Reduced recoil of MP7 (MP5SD is still better).
- Shot in bad limbs (hands, fingers, toes, etc) are now attributed to l/r upper arms or clavicle. Ennemies should feel less spongy (no more bullets stopped by iron hands).
1.1.6: Fixed a CTD related to stalker_hero_1 missing ap_scale parameter.
1.1.5: Fixed a CTD for Vanilla models with missing capture file reference - for real this time.
- Fixed CTD related to grenades.
- Better Grenades damage handling by the framework. Be sure to hit bullet hit power at 1 in the gameplay options.
- Fixed a CTD for Vanilla models with missing capture file reference. It only concerns 3% of 1001 stalker models. They are considered as exolight (0.3 bone armor everywhere). Use DuxFortis MAO addon to reduce this kind of issues as it adds numerous models with proper capture files (not compatible with HD Models): Moddb.com
1.1.3 : Blindside's Weapons Reanimation and Rebalance Patch. Thanks to Blindside to provide me this patch. It removes BWRR shooting animations so that you have all the fancy reload and other animations while profiting from my enhanced recoil script and rebalance.
1.1.2 : Fixed New HD Models Patch.
1.1.1 : New HD Models Patch.
1.1.0 : Restored the working scripts, now the add-on really works... Removed the "low selling price for ammo" part. I don't want to deal with incompatibility issues with trading system right now. I'll maybe add it later back once I have decided to suffer enough to deal with this system. Feel free to cheese the game by selling expensive AP ammo if you want. Or be a grown man and don't do it, I'm tired of babysitting players. If you have Blinsides Animations, remove the enhanced recoil script since recoil can be weird with both add-ons loaded at the same time.
1.0.2 : Grok's Crafting and Repair Overhaul Patch.
1.0.1 : Removal of unnecessary trader files. Added BAS compatibility patch.
Only with weapons_ammo.ltx.
This add-on conflicts with JSRS, but JSRS changes are merged in this add-on (tracer for all rounds). Install JSRS followed by GBO.
INCLUDED COMPATIBILITY PATCHES
- This add-on shouldn't conflict, but will crash when used with HD Models. Load Order:
HD Models > GBO > GBO HD Models Patch
- Built-in BAS compatibility.
- Blindside's Weapons Reanimation and Rebalance (BWRR) Patch included. This basically removes BWRR shoot animations to instead use the base game ones with my enhanced recoil script. Thanks to Blindside for providing me this patch. Load order:
BWRR > GBO > GBO Blinside's Animation Patch