A complete overhaul of how ammo works in the game. Rebranding of some ammo to FMJ, HP and AP ammo, new armor penetration system bypassing the engine flawed computations, tankier mutants but weaker weakspots. Exos are recommended to be taken down with AP Ammo. Overhauls all guns recoil including BAS guns using enhanced recoil. Only concerns Player to NPC/Monsters shots. Natively supports DICK's and FVM's new NPC models.
Grok's Balanced Overhaul Of Ballistic System
a.k.a GBOOBS v1.7.1
a.k.a Grok's Ballistics Overhaul (GBO)
Bullets have to break the NPCs armor before dealing damage. There are some concussion damage still but they are nerfed heavily. Concussion still staggers enemies. The higher the ammo penetration power, the quicker the NPCs armor is depleted. High penetration ammo even penetrates armor directly. Each NPCs have armor values for each limb based on their visual model. Legs armor is reduced. Damage localization is also more pronounced (damage reduction based on limbs).
It balances buckshots because their penetration value is extremely low, thus making buckshot useful only against unarmored or lightly armored targets (early stalkers and mutants). To kill an exo with buckshots, you'll likely need more than 10 shots. But 3-4 AP 7.62x39 or 9x39 to the chest and they are dead. AP ammo price has thus been increased because you need much less of these to kill armored foes. Since their price is high, AP ammo must be used with care. FMJ basic ammo are still useful, but you'll need to shoot the legs of a Nosorog if you want to incapacitate it.
Slugs and AP Slugs (Darts) thus received a boost and they are designed for stalker hunting. Ammo categories have been revamped too. Most calibers have basic ammo (FMJ), hollow-point ammo (HP) or armor piercing ammo (AP). EP ammo has been converted to HP ammo. HP ammo efficiency has been boosted so that shotguns are not the king anymore to kill mutants. .45 Hydrashock is the king. SMG are buffed too : time to kill is generally faster with this add-on, and despite reduced SMG damages (in vanilla a 9x19 deals the same damage has a 5.45 weapon), their recoil has been reworked so that they are still super efficient at close range and super cheap to use compared to higher caliber weapons. Some iconic weapons like PPSh and P90, which have their own caliber, have been reinforced a bit. Now 5.7 is now a clear upgrade compared to 9x19. And 7.62x25 is slightly better than 9x19 FMJ, but it lacks performance against armored foes, but is very versatile early on.
Among other changes, the add-on brings it's own weapon recoil balance, two set of icons with ammo name (original icons and a brand new set of icons), a rework of grenades damages based on NPC armor profile and more (see full description below).
It also makes guns with a broken barrel dealing less damage and less ammo penetration. Don't use broken guns.
Here are some add-ons that go well with GBOOBS:
- Cr3pis Icons: Moddb.com
- Dux Innumerable Characters Kit: Moddb.com
- Fixed Vanilla Models: Moddb.com
- Boomsticks and Sharpsticks: Moddb.com
This add-on heavily changes how Anomaly must be played. Be warned. Read the description below.
No new game required.
Safe to remove.
Be sure to have bullet hit power at 1 in the option gameplay menu and enhanced recoil disabled in the game.
REMEMBER TO USE VANILLA WEAPON STATS FROM BLINDSIDE ADDON ([OPTIONALS]\Vanilla Weapon Stats\gamedata) if you use Blindsides Weapons Reanimation and Rebalance
BE SURE TO LOAD GBOOBS AMONG THE LATESTS ADD-ONS IN YOUR LOAD ORDER
Complete rework of the ballistics framework of Anomaly.
Changes notably the bullets and armor penetration from PLAYER to NPCs (not the other way around) using EFT ammunition system as an inspiration. The goal is to have a more realistic ballistic system where you must take into account the armor of your enemy and the ammo type you are using.
- Completely reworked ballistics: ammunition Armor Penetration (AP) power is compared to limb (bone) armor. If the AP power > bone armor, damages are applied. If AP power < bone armor, no damages are applied and bone armor is reduced based on AP power. Ammo with low AP power thus need to break an opponents limb armor before starting doing damage. AP ammo are thus required to kill heavily armored targets. FMJ and HP ammo will still work, but the enemy armor must be destroyed by many of these bullets to start doing damage.
- EFT-like blur when getting hit: screen gets blurred like in Tarkov when getting hit using a ppe effect from xcvb. Thanks bratan.
- Custom Less Intense Enhanced Recoil Effects activated by default. It is much less overwhelming than base game don't worry. Disable Enhanced Recoil Effects in the options to not cumulate both. Based on Bazzingarey Reduced Enhanced Recoil, but heavily tweaked. You can increase the recoil by copying the grok_bo_enhanced_recoil.script multiple times.
- Bullet damage and penetration power properly decrease with the distance depending on ammo air resistance. 9x19 will have damage halved at 150m for instance.
- Bullet damage and penetration power change based on the gun barrel condition.
- Old ammo are as powerful as Normal ammo but destroy your weapon condition much faster. Use with care. Can be used with bad condition low fire rate guns as mean to inexpensively kill targets.
- Limb damage rework: Damages applied will highly depend on the targeted limb.
- Leg armor rework: every ammo shot at the legs will get a boost to armor penetration (+0.12 AP power). If you are facing a heavy armored target without proper AP ammo, aim for the legs... or the head ! This system basically allows "leg meta". This is mainly to take into account that most armors cannot protect the user legs as good as his body armor while the upper legs have large arteria that can lead to a quick death. Lower parts of the leg will not take so much damage but armor will still be easily breakable.
- New bullet description using the Russian BR classification for ammo penetration, much more clear: AP power, BR1 - BR2 = penetrate light armors, BR3 - BR4 = penetrate middle-class armors, BR5 - BR6 = penetrate heavy armors.
- Reworked AP ammo (Armor Penetration): are expensive but will defeat any endgame heavily armored target. They are end game ammo, don't use them against lightly armored targets.
- Reworked FMJ ammo (Full Metal Jacket): are cheap and must be used to kill lightly armored targets... or if you don't have the money to buy good ammo.
- Reworked HP ammo (Hollow-Point): are a bit more expensive than FMJ and must be used to kill mutants or to kill stalkers by aiming for the legs!
- Sniper ammo are actually very powerful now, but also very expensive. Lapua and 50 BMG will most likely one shot most ennemies to the chest... if you can afford them.
- Buckshots will work as inexpensive, early game ammo. Forget about them mid and late game. They aren't useful anymore against exos.
- PPSH and P90 buff: just give these weapon a try. I didn't make it on purpose, it's just that with the new framework, they started to shine.
- 9x19 AP as early heavy armored target killer: inexpensive AP ammo that will work at close range, very good HP ammo to kill mutants... 9x19 got buffed!
- 5.45x39 increased dmg but reduced AP - HP ammo are really good to kill mutants.
- 5.56 increased AP but reduced damages - good to burst targets at long range.
- 7.62x39 recoil is higher compared to other assault rifles. Higher bullet drop than vanilla.
- 7.62x51 is still king, but weapons will have a high recoil.
- Mutants are much more tanky. Most mutants body shots damage are reduced.
- Mutants weakspots improved : you will do more damage by aiming for the head... But not for hogs, as usual, aim for the flank of these beasts!
- Some ammo are much more useful against mutants: HP ammo, .357 magnum, .45 Hydrashock, buckshots, slugs, 7.62x25 Pst.
- Updated for the latest version of DICK.
- Changed recoil patterns a bit, mainly for Ash12 by reducing its recoil so the gun is more viable (mainly for STALKER GAMMA weapon pack).
- Added an option to remove barrel condition effect on damages and penetration in the FOMOD installer.
- Removed the GBOOBS affect all NPCs because it was not activate anyways (and doesn't make much sense since NPCs can't choose their ammo type).
- Performed a full review of NPC models armor profiles (3000 Dux's models, yes fuck my life) without good helmets. Now unprotected heads and gas masks wearers shouldn't be able to magically tank many ammo to head.
- Reduction of the new FOV based recoil effect.
- New enhanced recoil effect by Lucy based on an idea from Yohjimane: shooting slightly changes the FOV to increase the feeling of the gun's recoil. The increase depends on the gun overall recoil strength. Shotguns and big calibers will have more "oomph". SMGs are indeed also affected. This does not change how the camera shakes, i.e. how strong the recoil is (this update *doesn't increase guns recoil*). It's a simple yet smart and efficient FOV trick to make the recoil *feel* stronger without changing how accurate guns are.
Here's a demonstration of the new effect, thanks to Lucy Streamable.com
- Avoided the double damage reduction of barrels against mutants with Weapon Parts Overhaul (since engine isn't by passed for them).
- Slightly buffed slugs against mutants.
- Fixed a crash and issues related to the new barrel condition feature, again.
- Fixed a crash and issues related to the new barrel condition feature
- Updated for the models of DICK.13 (1.8.2)
- Barrel condition now affects ammo damage and penetration
- Updated for the models of DICK.12 (1.8.1)
- Fixed a vanilla file that was causing a crash (missing medium_resistance section).
- Reworked ammo air res:
- Made 12.7x55 subsonic, as it should be IRL.
- Improved 5.7x28 air res and speed, as it should be IRL.
- Improved 5.45x39 air res (was a bit too low).
- Nerfed air res of 7.62x39 and 9x39 a little bit.
- Reduced prices of 9x18 and 7.62x25 ammo.
- Halved the price of 12.7x55 since it's less powerful now at long range and harder to use with the ammo drop.
- Reduced 9x21 ammo weight and slightly reduced penetration.
- Improved 7.62x54PP damages.
- Update for the latest DICK models.
- Rebalanced close quarter weapons: knives and axes penetration and damages rework.
- Axes are now quite powerful, hack'n slash.
- Eidolon fight should now be *much* harder.
- Fixed BAS ammo icons.
- Made new BAS ammo for Vanilla ammo icons style.
- Enhanced recoil profiles for all BAS guns including the new ones for the latest Nov 2021 update.
- Rebalanced BAS ammo penetration values.
- Added BR penetration in BAS ammo description in russian and english.
- Fixed error in model captures ltx (I wrongly included meshes/ in the models section names). Fixes the 1.5.7 introduced crash.
- Improved BaS .338 federal ammo penetration and increased its price.
- Moved all BaS ammo to the proper bas ammo ltx file to avoid clogging debug menu of non–BAS users (delete gamedata/configs/items/weapons/w_ammo_bas.ltx).
- Further tweaked Slugs: 0.28 to 0.21 AP 2.2 to 2.0 damage multiplier
- Now has built-in compatibility with DICK and FVM.
- Reduced Slugs penetration a bit
- Reduced AP Slugs damage, and reduced their price accordingly.
- Boomsticks and Sharpsticks (BAS) compatibility fix.
- Toz 106 + scopes nullified damage fix.
- Disabled GBOOBS for All NPCs (waiting to fix the story npc immunity bypasses that can lead to the death of important NPCs). Option is still here but will have no effect in game.
- FOMOD loader support for installation of GBOOBS through Mod Organizer 2.
- Fixed RPG-7 rocket vs mutants crash.
- Fixed all very bad ammo values since NPCs still uses them.
- Reworked some weapons recoil, especially reduced SVD recoil (for BAS too).
- Further balanced some ammo prices by reducing some of them significantly.
- 12.7x55 FMJ are no longer uber expensive. They are now much more accessible and less powerful so that Ash12 is usable relatively early (I'm thinking about Clear Sky mostly). If you can get your hands on a 12.7x55 gun, use it. These ammo are rare though.
- Fixed 7.62x25 ps ammo damage (k_kit typo replaced by k_hit). Change k_hit value for 7.62x25 from 1.0 because of the typo to 0.80. These ammo have thus been nerfed a bit.
- Decreased weapons degradation rate with most bad ammo.
- Increased bullets travel speed (doesn't affect ammo trajectory, only the speed at which ammo travels). You'll now not need to lead your shot so much against ennemis that are far away. This is also a buff of 9x39 ammo which is now a bit easier to use (although they still suffer from the same bullet drop). After extensive playthrough I really liked these changes and weapons now feel more natural to use.
- Fixed headshot AP bonus mechanism (buckshots work as intended now).
- Improved shotguns ammo balance.
- Introduced a beta version for Grok's BOOBS to be applied to all NPCs in the zone - UNTESTED.
- Introduced a new AP buff against stalkers: aim for the eyes.
- Decreased mutants tankiness.
- Reworked all BAS weapons recoils. The more expensive the gun of a given category, the less recoil.
- Fixed and balanced KS-23 buckshots and slugs. KS-23 buckshots are improved 12/70 buckshots. KS-23 Barrikada ammo are super strong (will one shot anything most likely) but are expensive.
- Fixed and balanced 20/70 buckshots and Toz 106.
- Reworked Anomaly Bizon recoil and upgrade tree: it's now a viable option as a 9x18 SMG for the beginning of the game. You will thus now be able to convert Bizon to 7.62x25. The Bizonin 7.62x25 (which exists IRL) has much less recoil than PPSh but shoot a bit slower and with less ammo in the mag. It's a really good gun for cheap mid range fights against medium armored stalkers.
- Slight 7.62x25 buff.
- Fixed mutants damage formula - no more squishy mutants
- Mutants are much tankier compared to vanilla to FMJ and AP ammo.
- Mutants body shots damage are overall nerfed.
- Mutants weakspots damage are improved - aim for the head.
- .357 magnum huge damage buff to mutants.
- 7.62x25 Pst damage buff to mutants.
- Further Hydrashock fine-tuning.
- Knives damage fix for mutants.
- Use AEK 5.45 HP or UMP45 Hydrashock to hunt big mutants. Saiga is also a very nice option with buckshots to use cheap ammo, slugs are better (since they are more expensive) especially when used on weakspots.
- If you don't have buckshots / slugs / HP ammo / Hyrashock / .357 magnum and encounter a big mutant (Chimera, Bloodsucker), you are most likely screwed.
- Buffed KS-23 ammo.
- Fixed weightless ammo merged in the main folder. Main folder has bullets with weight has it should be.
- Fixed a crash related to getting k_ap parameter from some hits without any k_ap parameter. This comes from pre-programmed hits for instance like in X19 Lab where actor hits bloodsuckers when openning the first door to make these bloodsuckers aggressive. It also fixes some weird crashes with player vs stalker and much likely the fight against Eidolon.
- Fixed knife 4 k_hit.
- Increased AP power of .357 ammo (0.25 to 0.30).
- Shotguns fix (aim_bullet to false) moved to optionnal patches. Don't use if you have Blindsides Reanimation.
- Nerfed leg meta. Exos could be really easily cheesed because of this. Now AP ammo in the torso/head are better than FMJ in the legs as it should be.
- Full bypass of engine calculations applied after Grok's BOOBS for STALKERs. What you see in the GBOOBS report is corresponding to the real damages dealt by each ammunition hit.
- Cleaner and shorter console report.
- Introduction of mutants damage modifiers. Mutants are more tanky to FMJ ammo. AP ammo deal a bit more damage than FMJ (it will be fixed later). HP ammo are much better than the rest.
- Buckshots very slight nerf against mutants (you will most likely one shot everything with buckshots still, but sometimes not, like against Snorks).
- Saiga and VEPR12 aim_bullet turned to false - this prevent the absurd damage of these two shotguns compared to others (Saiga can one shot a pseudogiant with a buckshot).
- EFT Reposition Patch for Saiga and VEPR12.
- Boosted .45 Hydrashock damage, they are now the best rounds to kill mutants. It's now worthy to have a side weapon with such ammo. Go UMP45 if you are afraid of mutants.
- Reduced .45 Hydrashock ammo price slightly.
- Buffed the 7.62x54R damage substantially. They will now one shot targets most likely - apart from the heavily armored targets where 12.7 or Lapua are required to one shot. It was always necessary to two shot in the chest despite the ammo price. So it's now fixed. Aiming for the head is still better ;)
1.4.4: Crash fix for all types of explosive barrels / tanks / stuff.
- Russian localization for ammo description kindly provided by Enola Straight.
- Explosive Barrel crash fix.
- Revamped grok_bo.script code.
- Revamped limbs damage because the engine is still applying limbs damage after BOOBS. Engine is also applying AP power boost, so AP ammo deal a bit more damage than FMJ most likely. Seems balanced to me. Disparities can happen between BOOBS output damage and actual damages the NPC takes.
- Revamped knives and axes penetration so they work with BOOBS (you need better knives and axes to pierce armor of highly protected targets).
- Fixed crash upon mines explosion.
- Updated to the latest MAO version.
1.4.1: fix for the HD models patch.
- Weightless ammo patch.
- HD Models New version patch.
- Refined hit effects (flashes are toned down).
- Snipers ammo pierce arms and hands (hit redirection to torso).
- Fixed snipers ammo one shotting in legs.
- Grenades are now correctly handled. Their damage is scaled based on NPC armor profile. Stability increases and much more precise system (no assumption based on normal damages exceeding a certain threshold anymore). Also, grenades quick thrown are now properly working (before, damages of the weapon in hand was used).
- Increased differences between SMG and Automatic Rifles ammo:
- Slightly reduced SMG FMJ AP power to increase the importance of bigger caliber guns.
- Increased SMG ammo air resistance (less damage at mid range)
- Increased SMG ammo speed
- Increased 7.62x39 AP power of AP and FMJ ammo
- Increased 7.62x39 FMJ price slightly
- Basic k_cam_dispersion to 0.7. AP ammo at 0.8 and HP at 1.0.
- Increased AK103 recoil.
- Old Ammo Icons Patch introduction - Apply after main gamedata addon installation.
- New icons now have blue details on the boxes for AP ammo and Red details for HP ammo.
- BAIN installation compatibility with MO2.
- 9x18 - 9x18 - .45 ACP balance again
- Slightly decreased 9x18 damage
- Slightly decreased 9x19 damage
- Slightly increased .45 damage
- Slightly decreased .45 AP
- Significantly increased old ammo weapon condition impairing.
- Introducing per ammo type recoil:
- Reduced FMJ ammo recoil (1.0 to 0.4)
- Slightly reduced AP ammo recoil (1.0 to 0.8)
- Same recoil for HP ammo not all ammo before patch (1 to 1)
- Revamped snipers ammo (higher FMJ 7.62x54 k_ap, stat swaping between .338 lapua and 12.7)
- Gauss gun battery price increase
- Changed 5.56 ammo icons for better differentiation between bullet types.
- 9x18 changes for easier survivalist start:
- Increased 9x18 FMJ and AP damage
- Decreased 9x18 HP damage
- 9x19 balancing:
- Increased 9x19 FMJ and AP damage
- Decreased 9x19 HP damage
- Decreased 9x19 air resistance (can shoot farther than 9x18).
- 5.7 and 7.62x5 balance:
- Decreased 5.7 air resistance
- Decreased 7.62x25 air resistance
- Increased .45 ACP Hydrashock damage - they are now the designated mutants killer, but they lack versatily - make your choice ;)
- Reduced AK103, AK103 camouflage and RPK recoil (aim for these for endgame 7.62x39 weapons).
- Increased P90 AP ammo penetration.
- Revamped some recoil patterns for the upcoming Contract Wars Pack (AK12 notably).
- Slightly reduced most ammo AP.
- Slightly Reduced HP ammo damage.
- Increased 5.45 AP price (it was wrongly low).
- Decreased SVD Lynx recoil.
- Increased effect when being hit.
- Increased BAS weapons AP and power slightly.
- Reduced weapons degradation.
- Introduction of new icons with tooltips in a 100% conflict free manner, thanks to Cr3pis for the icons and the patch.
- Vanilla icons support will come later.
- Enhanced recoil compatibility with the upcoming CW pack.
- Updated for the latest More Armours and Outfits version (2.1.0), Moddb.com
- More precise hit detection (less unknown bone_id being hit).
- Hands hits are now attributed to forearms.
- Reworked bullets visibility:
- Updated bullet size to match caliber. Substantial projectile size increase across the board.
- Reworked tracers : enabled all tracers / disabled 4on1 tracers. Reworked colors. Orange: FMJ and HP ammo, Green: AP ammo.
- Changed tracers texture to the Trace On add-on and further refined it. Thanks to Nekousagi. They are now much less Star Wars but still informative.
- Included BAS Patch directly in the config files of the addon: just install this addon after BAS, that's it. Delete old patch.
- Corrected some ammo description typos.
- Introduced enhanced recoil for BAS weapons.
- Ammo balance:
- .45 Hydrashock - restored as HP ammo, k_ap 0.15, k_hit 1.8. Changed ammo name to reflect their "HP" nature.
- 9x19 HP - reduced hit damage (1.8 > 1.4).
- 9x19 AP - reduced AP (0.45 > 0.40).
- 9x39 - reduced ammo speed (1.0 > 0.85), slightly increased air resistance (0.15 > 0.18), slightly increased damages (0.8 > 0.9), increased projectile size (0.048 > 0.08).
- Darts - increased bullet drop and air_resistance (0.5 > 0.6), reduced k_ap (0.70 > 0.50), slightly reduced k_hit (1.75 > 1.65). Renamed as AP Slugs.
- Slugs - increased k_hit (2.0 > 2.2).
- Recoil balance:
- Increased recoil of shotguns bm16 and bm16_full profiles.
- Slightly increased recoil of 7.62x39 weapons. AK103 and RPK have the lowest recoil among 7.62x39 weapons.
- Slightly decreased recoil of most 5.56 and 5.45 weapons.
Increased recoil of all snipers.
- Reduced recoil of MP7 (MP5SD is still better).
- Shot in bad limbs (hands, fingers, toes, etc) are now attributed to l/r upper arms or clavicle. Ennemies should feel less spongy (no more bullets stopped by iron hands).
1.1.6: Fixed a CTD related to stalker_hero_1 missing ap_scale parameter.
1.1.5: Fixed a CTD for Vanilla models with missing capture file reference - for real this time.
- Fixed CTD related to grenades.
- Better Grenades damage handling by the framework. Be sure to hit bullet hit power at 1 in the gameplay options.
- Fixed a CTD for Vanilla models with missing capture file reference. It only concerns 3% of 1001 stalker models. They are considered as exolight (0.3 bone armor everywhere). Use DuxFortis MAO addon to reduce this kind of issues as it adds numerous models with proper capture files (not compatible with HD Models): Moddb.com
1.1.3 : Blindside's Weapons Reanimation and Rebalance Patch. Thanks to Blindside to provide me this patch. It removes BWRR shooting animations so that you have all the fancy reload and other animations while profiting from my enhanced recoil script and rebalance.
1.1.2 : Fixed New HD Models Patch.
1.1.1 : New HD Models Patch.
1.1.0 : Restored the working scripts, now the add-on really works... Removed the "low selling price for ammo" part. I don't want to deal with incompatibility issues with trading system right now. I'll maybe add it later back once I have decided to suffer enough to deal with this system. Feel free to cheese the game by selling expensive AP ammo if you want. Or be a grown man and don't do it, I'm tired of babysitting players. If you have Blinsides Animations, remove the enhanced recoil script since recoil can be weird with both add-ons loaded at the same time.
1.0.2 : Grok's Crafting and Repair Overhaul Patch.
1.0.1 : Removal of unnecessary trader files. Added BAS compatibility patch.
Only with weapons_ammo.ltx.
This add-on conflicts with JSRS, but JSRS changes are merged in this add-on (tracer for all rounds). Install JSRS followed by GBOOBS.
INCLUDED COMPATIBILITY PATCHES
- This add-on shouldn't conflict, but will crash when used with HD Models. Load Order:
HD Models > GBOOBS > GBOOBS HD Models Patch
- Built-in BAS compatibility.
- Blindside's Weapons Reanimation and Rebalance (BWRR) Patch included. This basically removes BWRR shoot animations to instead use the base game ones with my enhanced recoil script. Thanks to Blindside for providing me this patch. Load order:
BWRR > GBOOBS > GBOOBS Blinside's Animation Patch
EXAMPLE LOAD ORDER
HD Models Moddb.com
Trader Overhaul Moddb.com
Blindside's Weapons Reanimation and Rebalance Pack Moddb.com
REMEMBER TO USE VANILLA WEAPON STATS FROM BLINDSIDE ADDON ([OPTIONALS]\Vanilla Weapon Stats\gamedata).
BAS JSRS patch Moddb.com
Blindside's Weapons Reanimation JSRS Patch Moddb.com
BAS Trader Overhaul Patch Moddb.com
Cr3pis Icons Pack Moddb.com
GBOOBS Patches (HD models, Blindside's Reanimation)