Designed for 64 bit OS
32 bit OS owners should use the low resolution texture pack
Rome at War is a total conversion modification for Mount & Blade: Warband set in 300 B.C., 23 years after the death of Alexander the Great.
The mod supports both Single and Multiplayer and requires your Warband version to be at least 1.161+
- Custom made map focused on Italy and Greece (Work in Progress)
- 9 Factions:
* Romani (Rome)
* Koinon Hellenon (Greek League) based on the League of Corinth which was temporarily re-established by Antigonus and Demetrius
* Keltoi (Celts) an amalgamation of the Gallic tribes that settled in northern Italy
* Makedonia (Macedon)
* Safinim (Samnites) a confederation of Italian tribes
* Megálê Hellás (Greater Greece) a league of Greek colonies in southern Italy
* Syrákousai (Syracuse) Greek colonies in Sicily
* Epeiros (Epirus)
* Rasenna (Etruscans)
- A new recruitment system centered around troop pools and areas of recruitment
- Features from Freelancer, Diplomacy and Pre-Battle Orders and Deployment mods
- New animations
- Dozens of high quality models authentic to the mod's timeframe
- Music composed by Theretor for the mod complemented by open source tracks composed by Rejenorst
- New companions
- Custom scripts
- Rgcotl (Models/Textures/Animations/Team Leader)
- Seek n Destroy (Coding/Scening/Re-texturing/Research)
- KickingJoub (Scening)
- Gothic Knight (Models/Textures/Research)
- EFREM (Research/Linguistics)
- Theretor (Music)
Information/Downloads/Terms and Conditions for the source code:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Will you add this or that faction?
A: It's very unlikely that we will add any faction as this point. Splitting existing factions is more likely.
Q: Will you add this helmet/sword/shield/armor?
A: Hard to say, for the most part we know what we want to add to the mod but lack the time and/or patience to do it.
If you're asking for something that's not accurate to our timeframe then it's a big no-no. The source code is available so you can add those yourself.
Q: New patch/version when?
A: When it's done.
Q: Is the mod dead?
Other things worth mentioning:
We do our own research so please be so kind to not point towards Rome II as a historical reference, we appreciate actual history books and physical evidence over movies/videogames. We do have a planning for what we are doing (most of the time) so there is no point in suggesting to us what our next move shall be. Thank you for reading the F.A.Q. and twice the thanks for reading the F.A.Q. before posting a question already answered in it.
- Rome at War Team.
All the relevant information will be posted in the Taleworlds thread here: Taleworlds forum
In short: We're releasing some early test versions that are considered mostly unfinished and unstable for testing purposes before the actual release of a new version.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.