Rome at War is a total conversion modification for Mount & Blade: Warband set in 300 B.C., 23 years after the death of Alexander the Great.The mod supports both Single and Multiplayer and requires your Warband version to be at least 1.161+
It's a beta, some features are still unfinished. Read the description for more information.
# Important Notice #
Make sure your Warband version is at least 1.161 as the mod will most certainly not work on any earlier version.
This release is updated to the latest available Warband build but should work with any version past 1.161.
It is advised to enable ragdolls or some of the death animations will glitch.
The mod is not intended for 32 bits operating systems, a performance patch for weaker computers is possible but don't expect miracles.
Rome at War 2.6 (Beta) Changelog:
- New Campaign map (Work in Progress)
- New Flora
- New Scenes
- Changes to character creation (Work in Progress)
- All the locations were revised, new towns/castles/villages with more authentic names for the period
- Significant overhaul of the troops stats, names and equipment
- Complete overhaul of the Celtic faction
- Rebalanced Army compositions
- New NPC lords, ladies and companions (Work in Progress)
- New bandit parties roaming around
- Fixed some of the most prominent bugs from version 2.5:
* Fixed player faction only recruiting Roman troops
* Fixed lords that changed factions acquiring the wrong titles
* Fixed the encumbrance system
* Fixed some of the error messages caused by missing features
* Fixed left swing animation being hard to land
* Fixed Etruscan economy collapsing after a few ingame weeks
- Finish the new map
- Create new banners
- Finish writing the companions
- Properly set up lords and ladies families
- Fix some bugs that still made it through
- Improve/balance character creation
- Properly set up the music tracks
- EFREM for his research and help providing accurate names for locations, characters and troops
- DarthMongolTheUnwise for donating models for the Iberian Mercenaries
- All the people that stuck around even when we haven't properly updated the mod in years