OPERATOR is a TACTICAL SHOOTER total conversion mod of Insurgency that takes the player experience to a whole new level of tactical depth and challenge. We're a very small team and discord community of contributors that have created a unique and solid tactical experience. We set out to create tactical gameplay that we could not find elsewhere and we have achieved it. It's not the prettiest mod, but you can find pretty anywhere. That said, our weapon models look pretty sweet and we use higher poly world models, so the guns and gear look pretty good. Our maps are made to be tactical and they are as tactical as they are spartan.
With Operator, we have built a bold and unforgiving tactical shooter experience. Whether you're breaching doors and clearing rooms aggressively, quietly sneaking behind hostile forces, or nervously covering 3 potential entry points while defending, in Operator you’ll face fresh and unforgiving challenges where thought and skill truly matter.
> > > Getting started can't be any easier! Simply click "subscribe all" on this workshop collection.
- Penetration Based Armor and Ammo - armor actually works and it matters what ammo you use and where you place your shots.
- New Hitboxes! - Face and Helmet area are now separate Hitboxes. New Groin and Throat Hitboxes. Clavicle and Hips are considered limb shots. Shot placement is now a critical skill!
- Helmets and Face Protection - Helmet protects only helmet area, face shields protect the face.
- Groin and Throat Armor - Extended Armor options for the New Hitboxes. Also Limb Armor!
- BALLISTIC SHIELDS! - It can't be overstated how much this affects the gameplay.
- Lockable Doors - Locks that can be Destroyed by Shotguns and the .44 Mag Mateba.
- Breachable Doors - Breaching charges can blow open doors and breachable walls!
- Helmet and Gear Overlays - Hats, Helmets and Face Protection are represented in First Person! If you choose face protection, there will be a compromise of your visibility. Backwards cap for high speed - low drag!
- New classes - Element Leader, Breacher, Marksman, and Shield Operator - Rewards coordinating tactics with load outs to optimize your element’s combined operational force multiplier.
- Workshop independence from Insurgency - so your Insurgency workshop mods shouldn’t mess up Operator and modders can also create Operator specific workshop mods that will not mess with your Insurgency experience.
- All player gear is now in bodygroups on the player model. This allows for accurate lighting of the gear and shadows on the player from said gear. This does complicate community modding of the gear and player models, but not the materials.
- High poly world models and attachments - Due to limiting the number of players to 16, we can increase weapon world model fidelity. Enjoy!
- Weapons do not drop! You'd better buy what you need and use it wisely.
- All new economy with 60 supply points.
- TACTICAL BEARDS!
- All New Weapon Handling - Rewards realistic shooting techniques and demands use of the focus feature for ranged shots.
- New recoil paradigm, easier for new players to at least hit a target, but much harder to master and get very tight groupings.
- Buttstock needed to aim down sights. Operate without a buttstock for cqb weapon length but no ADS.
- Wide range of weapons to choose from with balance trade offs for benefits.
- Weapon length is accurate to in-game world - Size matters! Weapon length and collision is a real factor in Operator.
- Extensive customization with far over 1 million possible load-out combinations and well over 10 thousand combinations of weapon upgrades on top of that.
- Properly devastating shotguns. - While they may not be the best in a ranged fight you will still find NO NERF in these lead slingers. And many load types to choose from (no1 to triple-aught, birdshot to sabot slug; variety awaits).
- Greatly increased Flash-Bang effect.
- Breaching charges - not great for anti-personnel, but does the trick when planted on doors.
- Bulky attachments lengthen draw/holster times.
- Holo Sights speed up ironsight time.
- No silencers allowed with armor piercing ammo.
- Extended magazines for assault rifles - these exclude armor piercing ammo.
- No reload interrupts! This allows reloading while sprinting, crawling, etc… Only way to interrupt is to change weapons.
- Stamina Management - Weapon Sway is greatly affected by Stamina and your Stamina is limited. Sprint only in short bursts, cover to cover. Don't jump repeatedly. If you keep your stamina above half and are not moving, there is hardly any sway at all.
- Sway is greatly increased directly after a sprint, making shooting accurately immediately out of a sprint much more difficult. This sway dissipates very quickly (mostly gone in under a second).
- Increased movement sway. Gone are the days when wiggling side to side is an advantage. Focusing and getting the well placed shot is the far greater reward. Also, when using the walk key ( alt by default ) you gain a huge advantage to weapon stability while moving.
- Increased sway when duck-walking (crouch walk). By bracketing movement speeds, duck-walking sway is increased without reducing the advantages of stationary crouch.
- Slower movement - movement speeds have been changed across the board, promoting and rewarding teamwork with synchronized walk+ads and crouch movement so you can move silently with two people, one covering over the other.
- Limited sprinting - You can only sprint short distances until you are slowed down and weapon sway increases greatly. This effect quickly diminishes if you crouch or stop. Great for crossing from cover to cover, but not feasible to sprint constantly and still be able to shoot accurately. If kept to short bursts, across roads, hallways, bounding from cover to cover, it has almost no effect on stamina and sway.
- No Sliding - None.
Hotel - 5-level hotel with usable and destructible doors, an elevator, working mirrors, and other innovative features.
House - 2 story with basement. Elimination map that will have you on edge.
Range - Extensive multiplayer shooting range with several challenging courses.
Petrichor - Mansion like main building with many entry options and some verticality.
Cult - Two 2 story buildings and lots of lockable doors. Plays different every round!
Nail - Each corridor is a challenge with long sight lines and little cover, smoke is useful.
Hesitation - Mega map with many modes. Extremely diverse tactical situations.
...and more maps in the works!
Join our Discord and lets Operate!
If you would like to join in as a contributor/collaborator and create new possibilities and experiences with us, contact us on Discord and let us know your skills!
House is a classic Operator map by FromBehind!
House is an elimination map where SRT have to enter the central building and destroy IAD's weapons cache. The elimination game-mode only affords each player one life, meaning that the map is a very suspenseful and tense tactical experience.
In order to stop SRT from destroying the weapons cache, IAD have to control two main chokepoints. The first chokepoint is the viranda, the raised, outdoor area outside the second floor. IAD will have to fight SRTs sniping at them from the outside perimeter along with SRTs trying to either fight up the outside stairs or enter through the man-cave door.
SRTs pushing up viranda will not only have to deal with immediate threats hiding prone in corners or fighting through doorways, but also potential enemies holding either of the two attics. The main attic above the second floor can also be used by IAD to gather information on where SRT will attack from and perhaps even pick a few off.
After fighting through the heavily contested viranda however, SRT have access to a wide variety of entrances to adjacent rooms to the cache. House has a lot of breachable walls, so if they have a breaching charge they can easily cut through these rooms to destroy the cache.
IAD also have to control the main staircase inside the building. If IAD are focusing only on viranda, it is very easy for a lone SRT to sneak up and destroy the cache.
However, because of all the rooms adjacent to landing, the staircase can prove to be a very difficult chokepoint to fight through if IAD are covering it.
To get to either of these two chokepoints, SRT have two different insertion points to choose from.
The South West insertion gets them closer to the viranda while allowing opportunities to rotate to the front door. However, they will face resistance from IAD holding garage, stairs, storage, or the alternative attic. The North East insertion point allows a quicker entrance into the first floor or basement.
Overall, House is some of the most intense and suspenseful gameplay in Operator mod! SRT and IAD will fight from long range to control the outside of the house, before moving inside for both creeping suspense and explosive action! Get ready for intense breaching and close quarters action!
We have playtests every Saturday at 5:00pm UTC time.
Nail is currently undergoing a new art pass by Marxman! Expect lots of frantic cqb and punishing long range sightlines! Good strategy and tactics are...
Miasma is a small map meant for one versus one up to three versus three players. This map is more for if you want to practice your aim with friends.
A map for Operator, SRT tries to destroy a cache inside of an IAD compound. Features an outdoor courtyard full of long range engagements and two complex...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.