OPERATOR is a TACTICAL SHOOTER total conversion mod of Insurgency that takes the player experience to a whole new level of tactical depth and challenge. Featuring both PvP and Co-Op play, several game modes with more coming, tons of fresh content, and numerous new features already, Operator offers an increasingly diverse, divergent, and exciting range of gameplay.
We’re not interested in copying what's already been done, nor watering-down our game so teamwork and thought isn't required. We're a small indie dev team and discord community of contributors who are breaking new ground and pushing the limits, rather than creating something conventional and familiar. If you're craving a teamwork-heavy tactical shooter that's growing to be like no other, or want to join in as a contributor/collaborator and create new possibilities and experiences with us, Operator is the game for you.
With Operator, we are building a bold, new, and unforgiving tactical shooter experience. Whether you're opening doors and clearing rooms aggressively, quietly sneaking behind hostile forces, or playing one of the new and intense game modes we're building, in Operator you’ll face fresh and unforgiving challenges where thought and skill really matter.
Are You Operator Enough?
>>> Latest download available at Dl.operatorthegame.com
Operator Pre-Beta Features
- All new weapon handling - rewards realistic shooting techniques and demands use of the focus feature for ranged shots.
- Penetration based armor and ammo - armor actually works and it matters what ammo you use and where you place your shots.
- New hitboxes - Shot placement is a critical skill! Clavicle and hips are limb shots. Face and helmet area are now separate hitboxes. New groin and throat hitboxes,
- Helmets and face shields - helmet protects only helmet area, face shields protect the face.
- Groin and throat armor - extended armor options for the new hitboxes
- Ballistic shields! - 1 shield operator per pvp team, 2 per coop team.
- Doors that can be be blown open by breaching charges
- Lockable Door locks that can be destroyed by some shotgun loads
- New classes - Element Leader, Breacher and Marksman - Rewards coordinating tactics with load outs to optimize your element’s combined operational force multiplier.
- Workshop independence from Insurgency - so your Insurgency workshop mods shouldn’t mess up Operator and modders can also create Operator specific workshop mods that will not mess with your Insurgency experience.
- All player gear is now in bodygroups on the player model. This allows for accurate lighting of the gear and shadows on the player from said gear. This does complicate community modding of the gear and player models, but not the materials.
- Helmet and Gear overlays - If you choose headgear in your load out, you will see that you are wearing that headgear in first person. If you choose face protection, there will be a compromise of your visibility. Backwards cap for high speed - low drag!
- High poly world models and attachments - Due to limiting the number of players to 16, we can increase weapon world model fidelity. Enjoy!
- Weapons do not drop! You better buy what you need and use it wisely.
- No reload interrupts! This allows reloading while sprinting, crawling, etc… Only way to interrupt is to change weapons.
- All new economy with 60 supply points.
- TACTICAL BEARDS!
- Wide range of weapons to choose from with balance trade offs for benefits.
- New recoil paradigm, easier for new players to at least hit a target, but much harder to master and get very tight groupings.
- Buttstock needed to aim down sights. Operate without a buttstock or with buttstock folded for cqb weapon length but no ADS.
- Weapon length is accurate to in-game world - Size matters! Weapon length and collision is a real factor in Operator.
- Extensive customization with far over 1 million possible loadout combinations and well over 10 thousand combinations of weapon upgrades on top of that.
- Properly devastating shotguns. - While they may not be the best in a ranged fight you will still find NO NERF in these lead slingers. And many load types to choose from (no1 to triple-aught, birdshot to sabot slug; variety awaits).
- Greatly increased Flash-Bang effect.
- CS Gas grenades - area denial smoke with moderate damage over time.
- Marker smoke grenades - Orange, purple, etc…
- Breaching charges - not great for anti-personnel, but do the trick when planted on doors.
- Bulky attachments lengthen draw/holster times.
- Holo sights speed up ironsight time.
- No silencers allowed with armor piercing ammo.
- Extended magazines for assault rifles - these exclude armor piercing ammo.
- No Sliding - None.
- Slower movement - moveent speeds have been changed across the board, promoting and rewarding teamwork with synchronised walk+ads and crouch movement so you can move silently with two people, one covering over the other.
- Limited sprinting - You can only sprint short distances until you are slowed down and weapon sway increases greatly. This effect quickly diminishes if you crouch or stop. Great for crossing from cover to cover, but not feasible to sprint constantly and still be able to shoot accurately. If kept to short bursts, across roads, hallways, bounding from cover to cover, it has almost no effect on stamina and sway.
- Sway is greatly increased directly after a sprint, making shooting accurately immediately out of a sprint much more difficult. This sway dissipates very quickly (mostly gone in under a second).
- Increased movement sway. Gone are the days when wiggling side to side is an advantage. Focussing and getting the well placed shot is the far greater reward. Also, when using the walk key ( alt by default ) you gain a huge advantage to weapon stability while moving.
- Increased sway when duck-walking (crouch walk). By bracketing movement speeds, duck-walking sway is increased without reducing the advantages of stationary crouch.
- Shield operator can not jump, sprint or aim down sights.
Breakout - Single life, instant cap, one objective Push.
Team Survival - No-respawn 8v8 elimination.
Hotel - 5-level hotel with useable and destructible doors, an elevator, working mirrors, and other innovative features.
Range - Extensive multiplayer shooting range with several challenging courses.
Contributed Maps - Clean Sweep, Dusty Nights, Block Party, Tunnel Rats
...and many more maps planned!
We will be starting the operator Beta soon! Currently there is a fully playable pre-beta download available and servers are online.
The main goal of the pre-beta is to test the difficult and realistic weapon handling. We believe this handling will be tough to master, but be rewarding and provide great depth of skill, teamwork and stamina management. Things like the focus feature are actually useful now and moving from cover to cover, rather than sprinting constantly is essential.
Based on the feedback we get, we will either tweak this handling or switch to a more Insurgency like handling that we already have prepared. YOUR FEEDBACK IS ESSENTIAL!
Operator Alpha Test has begun! Operator is a tactical shooter total conversion mod for Insurgency. Supporting both PvP and Co-Op play, Operator the game...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This is the core download. There is also a Workshop Component that you MUST subscribe to! See details by clicking Read More -->
Zip file including Operator maps and support for running Insurgency maps. Download and unzip to your Insurgency2 Folder.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.