A first serie of improvements to the 1.0 version of KickAss Duke mod
KickAss Duke or KADuke is a gameplay modification, enriching Duke Nukem 3d with a large amount of features.
The major cores are weapons, inventory and gore, featuring +20 weapons and +10 items, new and old ones but all recoded, while violence got very improved with physics and more particles and effects.
Also, KADuke gives D3D a bit of modern-rethinking, due to many modern games, mods and tcs in last 10-15 years which served as inspiration; at the same time it proposes to bring back some Lameduke/Beta scrapped materials and ideas.
All the new items replace randomly original pickups , so no map is touched. It is designed for playing original episodes and usermaps.
This mod will be gradually enriched of many features planned (and mostly done, but put away ATM), like new enemies, other gore features, items and weapons, maybe some maps and episodes with special objects; so, many updates are expected. There will be some fixes and suggestions to follow, for sure.
A more complete list of KADuke features:
- 23 weapons in total, where the original 9 have been improved... various features: legit alien drops, reloading, alternate fire, shared/multiple ammo, recoil, diminishing accuracy, better bobbing, status-inflicting
- Improved melee fighting , replacing slot 1 Knee with fists, kicks and WASD combos (reaching "24" new weapons)
- 11 items for the inventory, recoded from zero
- The "Brutal Engine" : MORE blood, stayput jibs and pools, physics on corpses and jibs with explosions, hit detection with injuries (only headshots for the moment)
- New sounds and visual effects, mainly weapon effects
- New HUD, customizable
- Various improvements to enemies
- Various gameplay enhancements: stepsounds, stamina, double tap evade, lookleft/right
- Some aestethic improvements
- KickAss options menu : violence settings, hud and crosshair settings, item drop mode and so on
- The "Djuke Box", for selecting music from other levels while playing
- Various fixes
Also check KADuke thread on Duke4.net.
Do not forget the readme file for important infos, expecially for installation and controls.
Now go and enjoy new badass methods for ass-kicking !!
- This mod is powered by Eduke32. -
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.