Redemption edition changes the typical brutal Doom. no longer are you a powerhouse but rather a soldier fighting to survive and get out. Weapons hit harder but ammo finding an carrying is less. Your melee strength is no match for the demons of hell but with a few well placed shots to weaken your foe you can go in and finish him off with a fatality. Tred lightly tho. Close with in a demon and he will tear you a new one.
* Stronger weapons: All weapons now hit harder and feel more punch like, but ammo is harder to obtain and you can only carry so much.
* Demons: Faster, stronger and deal more damage but can be killed quickly with the right ammount of firepower.
* Return of the infrared goggles and Invisibility sphere.
* Combat radio to call in marines for backup.
* different melee system where simply going in to punch will get you killed.
* Some weapons have different functions from BDV20.
* Some power ups act differently to that of BDV20
The result is to give players a more of powerful arsenal but at the same time deadly enemy to face.
* Complete sound overhaul from weapons to gore sounds to even invalid keycard sounds have been replaced with satisfying sounds.
* new blood spites across the wall.
* HD textures and sprites addon.
mod runs with the latest GZDoom and Zand 3.0 ( but not its multiplayer)
( Please download latest GZDoom Devbuilds.drdteam.org )
And a lot more of little things here and there.
Alright so you all know its been quiet Iv been working on other mods as well and rl stuff as well. 4.0 is still planned but I have to wait for help from a buddy regarding some coding..to sum it up really Redemption is more or less finished to be honest. I did what I set out to do now its just tweaking , bug fixing and adding in a few gaps..so before 4.0 arrives there is gonna be a 3.5 update consisting of a few things.
1 Reshade: I have come across and reworked a Reshade system using its really nice features to up the graphics and visuals for my mod the download of 3.5 will have every thing you need to run it. It will great but you can toggle on and off as you see fit. Pictures and a video will come soon.
2. Tweaking: just adjusting monster stats here and there but I like where they are except the Spider mastermind but that was a bug being fixed in BDV20b I hope
3. Sounds: Just a few new sounds here and there most notably new shotgun and plasma gun sounds which I think you guys will like and recognize the plasma sound.
RIP and TEAR
Many changes to the mod have been made thus far. Many improvements should come about hopefully. The release date is still set to June 28th.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Brutal Doom Redemption Blood Patch makes Doomguy141's Brutal Doom Redemption work in GZDoom 2.2 or superior, fixing the Script error, "BDJR.PK3:blood.dec...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.