A number of optimization updates and visual updates.
- This version should be compatible with Delta Touch (ZScript version lowered to 3.7.2) but I haven't tested
- Added a range of entirely new hand-drawn sprites for hanging bodies and torsos
- Hanging bodies and torsos now swing about when shot
- Arch-Vile attack is updated with more sound effects and a new visual effect that clearly shows how the attack is tracking you (thanks Gutawer and kodi)
- The maximum amounts of gibs, blood, flames and debris can now be adjusted separately and are not tied to the native GZDoom corpse queue
- Updated Beautiful Doom Settings with more options: you can now enable/disable monter replacements per monster, and there are separate sliders to adjust the maximum amount of gibs, blood and other debris
- Sprite shadows slider now moves in 128-unit increments for much faster adjustment
- Introduced a number of optimizations that should make gibs and blood less resource-intensive
- Added a "Per-monster replacement settings" submenu which allows to toggle replacements for specific monsters. This is intended to get a better expericence with mods that only replace a few monstrers, such as Eviternity (which only replaces Wolfenstein Soldier and Baron of Hell)
- Pinky Demons will spawn some gibs in their extreme death animation
- Fixed Enhanced SSG showing only one muzzle flash on primary fire
How to play
Download the zip file. Don't unpack! Run it as you'd run any .wad or .pk3:
gzdoom.exe -file Beautiful-Doom.zip
(Optional) Rename .zip to .pk3 to remember you don't need to unpack it.