This mod is a effort to make Age of Empire 2: The Conquerors a historical battles game. After studying hundreds of battles, I've made unit stats to be able to make battle outcome like in a real situation (between the boundaries of the game). Inspired by other games, I'm trying to reinvent this old game and enter some new mechanics on it. Some of these mechanics are as below:
1) There are 3 types of population:
2) The Blacksmith has been remastered. Before being able to research new unit upgrades, you need to research their armor. The only unit that are not dependent on the Blacksmith are the unique units and siege equipment. The total Blacksmith research are 27 (historical based armor) compare to 15 in the vanilla.
3) The units are slower and has less LOS, their rate of fire is based on real weapon reloading time, like bow, crossbow, hand cannon etc. On the other hand, ships are more powerful but will cost more and can train less (about 4 times less than normal). The unique units now are train in Noble Tent (it will be build by deleting Noble Caravan Camp), and will cost only gold.
4) The total number of unit types has been increased from 24 land soldiers to 44 land soldier (not including unique units) and the tech tree made in that way that every unit will not change the weapon they use, like jumping from bow to crossbow, spear to pike etc. The same is with the naval units, they have been increased by 4 warships, but the 2 demolition ships has been taken out. Researching the unit upgrade will not turn your current units into the upgraded one, but will just allow you to recruit the new types.
5) New way to collect resource. Not just farms, but you can now pay to have pastures for sheep and later cattle. In the other hand, Town Center is more important because there are no lumber camp or mines. This make harder to collect villager in late games, but don't worry there is a new type a villager, a villager with cart.
There are more other changes that you can figure them out playing.
This article is a explanation of the military units of Age of Stainless Steel mod. This is the 6th part of this tutorial, and this time we will focus 2 types of units: Levies and Mercenaries. The building you can recruit this unit are 2 special and 1 common. The 2 special building, that are unique for Age of Stainless Steel, are Camp Tent and Noble Tent. To build these unit you have to recruit Caravan Camp and Noble Caravan Camp, located in the Siege Workshop, the idea is to have a transportable camp for your military campaign, and by deleting the unit in an open field, you can build the camp. Once build you can hire the various unit available in those buildings. The common building you can hire mercenaries is the Monastery. Lets see in some more detail.
1. Camp Tent units
The units you can recruit in the Camp Tent are all levies (peasant with a weapon), these units have no armor and blacksmith upgrades will not influence them. All these units cost the same (20G) and they are train very fast. The only way to use them is by harassing enemy villagers in early game (max. Feudal Age), with large numbers considering their low cost and fast train. The 4 types are Bow Levy, Spear Levy, Club Levy and Crossbow Levy. Bow Levy is basically an archer with no preview training, Spear Levy is a spearman, Crossbow Levy has near the same characteristics as Bow Levy but it shoot 2 times slower with 2 times the accuracy. Club levy is a peasant with a club that does blunt damage (vs melee armor). These units are not recommended to be use after castle age. The population limit required for these units is the same as the villager limit (house pop).
2. Noble Camp units
The units you can recruit in the Noble Tent are all mercenaries (unique units for each civ), these units have their own stats and blacksmith upgrades will not influence them. The cost of these units varies depending on the type and stats, but the cost is only gold. Most of the faction have 1 mercenaries available (unique unit), but there are exception, that can have 3 types of mercenary unit. There are too many units to go in detail, but I will only mention their usage and base name:
Note: Aztec unit are the only unique units that are recruited in Castle and Town Center.
The population limit required for these units is the same as the villager limit (house pop). All the units mention will cost gold to recruit except Aztecs.
3. Order Knight
This is the unique unit of the catholic factions. This unit is recruited in the Monastery and will cost only gold (half the price for it's stats). There is a limit for this unit, 2 units for each monastery (8 monasteries max.), 16 Order Knights in total. This unit represent the knights of different orders like Templars, Hospitallers, Santiago, Teutonic, Livornia etc. This unit is very cost effect, and will be a powerful foe to your enemy.
This is the end of part 6 - Levy and Mercenary units, will continue with other military units of Age of Stainless Steel.
Explaining the military units of Age of Stainless Steel (AOE2 mod), types, advantages and disadvantages and how to use them. This is part 4 - the Stable...
Explaining the military units of Age of Stainless Steel (AOE2 mod), types, advantages and disadvantages and how to use them. This is part 3 - the Barrack...
Explaining the military units of Age of Stainless Steel (AOE2 mod), types, advantages and disadvantages and how to use them. This is part 2 - the Polearm...
Age of Stainless Steel v.1.20. Changelog: 1. Wild animals will be more powerful 2. Villagers start with more HP 3. Sheep and Cow can now be purchased...
This is just an AI extracted form the official game, but it has no cheats. You can use this as a base to build your own AI. Have fun
Age of Stainless Steel v.1.05. This is the official release with all faction customized just with little changes, mostly bugfix and tech tree fix. It...