Rome Returns is an Age of empires 1 replica mod with AoC features, based on yty's abandoned project. Not just translated it back to English, fixed gamebreaking bugs, tooltips/missing text lines, hotkeys, tech tree, many graphics and icons, but also I added campaigns, working Ai and lot of AoC elements like Trade Cart and unique theme music for civs.
Not just translated it back to English, fixed gamebreaking bugs, tooltips/missing text lines, hotkeys, tech tree, many graphics and icons, but also I added campaigns, working Ai and lot of AoC elements like Trade Cart and unique theme music for civs. You can check full change log here.
HOW TO INSTALL:
1. Download the mod, and unpack it to Age of empires II main folder. Default location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\ (the zip file contain all necessary folders)
2. Start the game with your Rome Returns.exe (can be found in Age2_x1\ subdirectory) to play!
About the Campaign
To play the Campaign start the game and click Rome Returns Campaign. You can choose from 11 campaign with total 64 maps, and can use 3+1 difficult settings.
You can also download Campaign as Scenarios from here.
About the Ai
Userpatch is required!
You can choose from two Ai for the mod:
Rome_RM_Ai and Rome_Only_DM (both was made by Tegla)
Rome_RM_Ai: Supports most of map and land types. You can also type "14" to give a middle difficult between Hard and Hardest, also Ai follows the "31" signal on minimap.
Rome_Only_DM: This Ai is suggested for good players only. For the biggest challenge use the following settings (2k and above 1v1 ratting is essential):
- Teams: 1vs1
- Civilization : Scythian
- Location: GA
- Size: Tiny (2-player)
- Difficulty: Hardest
- Resources: DM
- Starting Age: Post Iron Age
- Population: 200
- Reveal Map: any
- Victory: Conquest
- All Techs: No
- yty from www.hawkaoc.net for base mod (and [Falling]_Boulder to link it) - original page
- Keisari Tapsa's and DiGiT's aoe tools
- Bala Arizalu for stand-alone version with Extended Trigger Patch (by Daniel Pereira)
- DiGiT, JustTesting1234 and LOD_mantis for aokTS
- AoE1's UPatch team for fixes and balance ideas
- Tegla for two custom Ai and CheeseOnToast_FE's help with it
- Lloyd Kinsella for Campaign Manager
- Jan dc and Tzontlimixtli for custom Wonders
- todler for new slinger, camel rider and caravan graphics
- AoE1 Wiki helped a lot in tooltip writing
- Justin for AoE-RoR Music and Allied Vision
- Every tester who helps to make this mod more awesome!
Gameplay video by nhoobish and Dan:
Playing vs DM Ai:
A streamed match by T-West with commentary:
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.