The goal of this mod is to overhaul the ambient sounds system and replace various types of sound effects with more convenient ones.
I made this long time ago as a personal thingy, but some people may find this useful so why not sharing it?
This mod is available for:
- Call of Chernobyl 1.5
- Call of Chernobyl 1.4.22
- Call of Misery
- Last Day
- Dead Air
It's divided into parts, choose whatever you like:
A proper mix between a big collection of old and new ambient sounds (uses some assets from mods such as Complete, AA2, [CoC] Ambient Overhaul, etc.. and games like doom 3, quake 4, metro 2033 and many others. special thanks to those modders).
All of those sounds are adjusted and properly re-commented to offer rich surrounding sounds and more eerie feeling comparing to vanilla.
All levels are affected. even the underground levels. let your ears be the judge.
Replacements that touch various types of sound effects such mutants, anomalies, emissions and more.
Adds more voice lines for some factions as well.
Sounds related to the player
Many changes have been done to sounds such as footsteps, inventory, geiger counter.
Adds new sound effects that weren't available before for pda and flashlight.
A collection of vanilla/new ambient music. the key difference here is that instead of using a single track for each map:
- Multi music tracks will be played in any map.
- All of them are cycled/randomized.
- Tracks for daytime, and specific ones for the night.
This part will replace the main menu music with a collection of 15 lore-friendly soundtracks.
They are randomized. each time you start the game, you're going to hear a different track.
Just a little touch, this will replace the news/quests notifications sound. comes with 3 flavors:
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (vanilla)
- Metro 2033
- Compatible with everything, except mods that alter the sound channels.
- No need for new game, totally safe to install or remove.
- The Environment Sounds part edits Fracture, Bloodsucker, Zombies config files to enable new sound effects. it won't be compatible with mods that alter mutants files.
- Added Compatibility for CoC 1.4.22
- Added some sounds (footsteps effects from misery)
- Fixed sounds distances for 1.4.22 to offer better ambient effects
- Adjusted backgrounds ambient volumes
- Fixed a crash happening in Lab x19 due to a missing sound
- Fixed loud geiger counter sounds
- Further adjustments had been made to ambient sounds distances
- Fixed a crash upon entering Jupiter Underground
- Updated all localizations for for easier control/adjusting in the future
- Overhauled ambient sounds now available for all underground levels.
- Adjusted most of ambient sounds for better surrounding experience.
- Added brand new sounds for zombies.
- Restored: Bloodsucker's breathing sound from ShoC.
- Added some dialog sounds for loners and bandits from metro 2033 game.
- Added new sound for psi-mutants arua + adjusted sound distances for the burer, they are creepier now.
- Added new optional section (Main menu music), read the description.
- Fixed a crash happening on loading some maps (credit goes to Orvis25 for the report)
- Updated some localization files
- Updated menu music with better quality and 2 more tracks (credits to SashaRed)
- Fixed a crash upon entering Lab x18 (credits to -_AlexV_- )
- Added new parts: (background music) and (Notifications sounds)
- Added new collection of sounds effects.
- Adjusted/restored sound effects for some mutants.
- Full modifications to sounds distances & frequencies, further improvements to ambient sounds.
- Fixed a crash upon entering Truck Cemetery (credits to -_AlexV_- )
- Updated background and menu music with more tracks
- Fixed few loud sound effects
- The mod is now packed with an installer to reduce the installing headache.
- Fixed few sound effects with wrong comments.
- Adjusted all ambient sounds for more realistic experience: reduced loudness, increased distances, improved distant effects.
- Fixed few sound with missing comments.
- Fixed main menu shift in Last Day.
- Fixed an issue with Last Day 1.3 +Patch where Glade map doesn't show up (if you used this mod before, just delete (gamedata\configs\game_maps_single.ltx) file)
- Background Music: added a collection of Shadow of Chernobyl ambient music to the list.
- Added a new collection of horror ambient sound effects
- Removed the double rate of horror sounds for night time to reduce the spam.
- Added new category (Interacting Sounds)
- Moved many sounds related to the player from (Environment Sounds) to be included in (Interacting Sounds)
- Fixed main menu buttons shift in Last Day after using (Main Menu Music) part
- Added support for Dead Air
- Fixed a crash related to missing track from main menu