Hello, It has been quite some time now since we our last news update. We would like to apologize for taking so long to update. Due to time constraints and our own responsibilities, we haven't been able to make time for the project. Because of this, we may release Zombie Master 2 as is. Code-wise, it is nearly finished with the exception of a couple of features. Content-wise, we still need to finish up what we have as well as create more. If we do release early, we will be releasing patches along with it. Either way, Zombie Master 2 will be finished and released at some point in the future.
Specific weapons have their own alternate weapons. For example, the machete's alternate weapon is a short-hand machete that deals half the damage it does. Another example being the default ZM shotgun being replaced with the Remington 870.
- Additional player animation
- Advanced multiplayer options menu
- Effects: Film grain/vignetting post-process shader, full body awareness, bullet smoke, delimbing, blood effects and gibbing.
- Interfaces: New HUDs for survivors and ZM, new main menu, hud hints and item auras.
- Proximity voice chat: Added sv_proximitytalk to enable.
- Weapons: Implemented new weapons, alternate weapons, custom weapons.
- [Sound] Weapon sound replacements, footstep sound replacements
- [Models/Textures] New weapon models, new map props, new map materials.
- HL2.exe: Corrected process hang on close.
- Local servers: Fixed master server query.
- Shadow depth rendering: Fixed 20-40 fps perf hit.
- Viewmodel: Corrected rendering in small scale FOVs.
- zm_fire_lighteffect: Fixed disabling molotov dynamic lights.
- ZM select: Fixed memory leak, not being able to select.
- MP coord networking applied to all entities.
- Origin prediction tolerance was raised.
- Ai navigation: Disabled prop physics solving, improved path finding.
- Custom NPC base: Added animation events, fixed animation cycling.
- Flashlights: Drain amount set to 1% per sec, added recharging
- game_text: Added flag for hud hints display.
We will be testing all of January, so stay tuned for more! Also we are still looking for organic modelers, animators and mappers!
The Zombie Master 2 Development Team