This week David talks about some initial Linux progress, new hotspot features, and more.
Posted by jeffr on Nov 14th, 2011
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Separated hotspot scripts from level script
- Added 'displaytext' so hotspots can display messages
- Changed hotspot collision to work precisely with bounding box
- Fixed missing Steam app id in installer
- Progress towards Linux alpha
- Script GUI windows fade in and out smoothly
- Awesomium views only display after texture is processed (no garbage)
- Fixed projected shadows on surfaces without baked shadows
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.