Our Devs and Testers have been hard at work to bring you scallywags a new update! Pirates, Vikings, and Knights II beta 2.6 will have vast improvements to several maps, enhanced territory features and some class balance changes.
Final tests are being run this weekend. If everything goes well, version 2.6 will be released October 31. Trick or treat!
Of course, with an update comes a trailer:
Here's a sneak peak at the change log (the full version will be released next week):
tw_fort (a new official overhaul of Skjalg's hg_fort, completed by UberMann)
- Appease your gods by spilling the blood of your enemies in a lonely and beautiful fort lost at sea
- Reintroducing a pvkii classic with a complete overhaul, making it shine with new visuals
- Improved optimization and lighting
- Hungry? Challenge your enemies in the all new dining room!
- Reworked spawns, many problematic spawn locations have been removed, safer ones added
- All improved game flow, everything is wider and allows for easier maneuvering
- Many of the old spiral staircases were replaced to combat the heavy clustering of players in those areas
- Enjoy the improved courtyard and supply hallway, which provide better gameplay and visuals!
- Trinket Wars mode
- Fight for swift control and conquest of the colonial town
- Capturing and occupying a territory will provide a slow health regeneration effect for you and any teammate inside of the zone
- Features four territories in "the Haven Port", "Dinah's Well", "Hubb Jubb Stash", and "Bellamy's Balcony" each with their own HUD icons
- Guiding "territory glows" added to every territory with glowing team colors displaying land ownership, and a "white glow territory" for a zone that has yet to have been captured in the round
- Fast capture map taking only six seconds for one player to capture a "white glow territory", and 12 seconds for one player to capture a zone previously held by another team
- Capture time is quicker with more teammates conquering a territory
- Any team that captures all territories and holds control of them for 30 seconds will instantly win the round regardless of ticket count
- Watch out for unforgiving piranhas located in the death pool next to knight's spawn
- Territory mode
Finally, if you or someone you know can help with future updates, Join the Team!