The Viper Project Modding Team is proud to announce the release of Viper: The Metro City Chronicles 2.0. This version of the mod continues to add new...
The Viper Mod for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is based on the 90’s hit TV Shows: “VIPER”. Viper: The Metro City Chronicles 2.0 has been released on May 10th, 2013.
Please note, the Viper mod is designed for the PC addition of the game, it will not work on console games. However, we have seen mods for the PC adapted and installed on consoles like the Xbox. So, if you want to play this mod on your console, it’s up to you to install it. We will only give support for the PC addition.
A complete feature list:
- All new cars
- Joe Astor Player model
- Frankie Waters Player model
- Working viper weapons
- New loading audio
- New loading screens
- The Base
- Zero bugs and no crashes from reasons in previous releases
- Cars can be stored in garages without the game crashing
- Metro City Police cars
- HQLM V2.0
- Both vipers
- Additional Sound Effects
- Vipers have hex cell damage
- Vipers only take damage from rockets
- Weapons: Rockets; AK-47; Statik Impulse Missile; Turbine
- Probe with: Minigun; Self Destruct; Night Vision, Thermal Vision
- Defender weapons won’t work if the weapon ore rear pods are closed
- Selectable First season and 2nd and 3rd season RT-10 <-> Defender Morph
- Completely reworked car spawn system to spawn other hero cars from the series
- Lock and unlock the Viper’s doors remote
- Real Viper Licence plates, the Viper’s will have the licence plate from the series
- Outside morph, if Season 1 is selected you can remotely morph the Viper from RT-10 to the Defender
- Los Santos Jailbreak, you need to break the Viper out of jail if you are arrested.
Features marked in orange will be in the next release of the Viper Mod.
We are not responsible for any damage this mod causes to your game, when properly installed on a computer with Windows working correctly (some installs can be corrupt due to a glitch during the installation process) and is installed onto a BLANK copy of San Andreas with no other mods installed, the game should run smoothly and perfectly with zero crashes or glitches.
You can find tutorials how to install for this mod on our website: Vipermoddingteam.com
Please report bugs in our bug-tracker, in the category that corresponds with the version you use: Vipermoddingteam.com
Viper Project Modding Team is pleased to announce the release of Viper: The Metro City Chronicles 2.0
Four years ago, today the first public release of the Viper was history. Since then there have been 2 releases made. But it is already more then 2 years ago since the last release was made available to the public on December 25th, 2010. A lot has changed since this release. Although you might not notice it the first time you get in the Viper, a lot off work has been put into the version of the Viper Mod. We hope you will have the same amount of fun in playing the mod as we had in developing this release.
Under here you will find a list of major things that have changed since in this release of the Viper Mod. There will be one "hero" Viper, the one that spawns at the base the first time you start the game. All the other Viper's you find on the street are "normal" Viper's and don't have the Defender capabilities.
- Season 1, Season 2-3, Season 3 and Off Road morph sound have been changed for new ones
- You can select Season 1 ore Season 2-3 morph for the RT-10 <-> Defender morph.
- If the Viper is parked in Dodge Viper RT/10 mode, and Season 1 morph is enabled you will be able the morph if you are not in the car(this feature will be more expanded in the following release).
Weapon System enhancements:
- The Weapon and Rear Pod have Open and Closing sounds.
- Weapons can't be used until the the corresponding pod is opened.
- Turbine requires Rear Pod to be opened, while the turbine is used the player can't use the Static Pulse Missile.
- Viper Engine script with Start up sound
- En-changed Light Script
- Viper Door locking scripts
- - The three features mentioned above will get saved if the player morphs the car. (Note: there is no effect on the Hovermode, however it will still be saved)
- If the Viper gets wrecked a new one will spawn in Dodge Viper GTS Mode.
Downloading and installing
You can download the mod as usual on our website, in the downloads section. Ore on our Mod Db page. You can report bugs in the Bug Tracker on our website.
For a full feature tour please click here, for a list of fixed bugs since the previous release click here.