Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Ultimate Apocalypse THB Bug Report Thread - 1.84 through 1.84.9999 (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Ultimate Apocalypse THB Bug Report Thread - 1.84 through 1.84.9999) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
Nov 14 2015 Anchor

Please state all possible or definite bugs that needs to be fixed in the next version 1.84.0

This thread relates to the THB 1.84.0 release. All later versions will be posted on other threads.

Please read the FAQ before posting.

There will be NO "I am missing Tyranids, Daemons or IDH race" reports. I will simply delete your post if this happens. Make sure that you have actually loaded The UA THB: New Factions mod in the game manager if you wish to use these races. Also make sure all separate race mods are up to date!

Nov 14 2015 Anchor

Not sure if this is a bug or just something missing in coding but when I was testing the AI, I found a strange thing that IDH does. The Tau player nuked the IDH AI and well... when I watched, the IDH just kept building Maintenance Servitors till it died, but what I mean was, it was building them but not using them to repair, simply just stood around with them doing nothing. Can anyone else confirm that this happens or was it just a fluke? There were multiple buildings damaged and we had Uber Structures on, It kinda just gimps the AI majorly and lags the game slightly with the Servitor spam without it even using them for any real use till it was nuked again.

I guess it isn't a MAJOR bug since nuking / game enders usually means you win, but it makes me wonder if they EVER used the Servitors, I haven't tested the AI much on that since it tends not to build them, but does the AI actually use the Servitors or just lets its buildings burn?

Edited by: Cebii

Nov 15 2015 Anchor

Hi gods makers of the mod we play it seem the Mirrors for this mod are too corrupted for anyone too DL it seem they have made it too all the mirrors you put up for it you may have to purge all of the mirrors no one is safe not even you! made this mod and now its taken over all the mods no one can stop them unless you have an army of blood Ravens and gray knights and the Ultramarine so yea you may have to fix it i tried all of your mirrors.

Nov 15 2015 Anchor

ancient wraithguard are getting the pink box of doom (missing texture i assume) on the back side cape.

Nov 15 2015 Anchor

Please, make some game-balance in this mod

Magnus basilisk of IG are OP
Argon od Deamons are OP
Celestians of Sisters of Battle have a little bit too much damage
Tau empire NUKE-BASE i do not know right now what name is it of that thing but OP as Magnus Basilisk, much more overpowered
Orks, Space Marines are so weak after 1.83

Thanks

Nov 15 2015 Anchor
stefanstexstevic wrote:

Please, make some game-balance in this mod

Magnus basilisk of IG are OP
Argon od Deamons are OP
Celestians of Sisters of Battle have a little bit too much damage
Tau empire NUKE-BASE i do not know right now what name is it of that thing but OP as Magnus Basilisk, much more overpowered
Orks, Space Marines are so weak after 1.83

Thanks

Absolutely not true. You obviously have no idea of game balance. When you say something is OP think about its cost and time to build first. Magnus and Angron specifically take an UNGODLY amount of time to field.... If you allow someone to summon Angron this means you've already lost...

- Angron is easily countarable by IDH ability called "banish daemons". He can be permamently stunned.

- Tau have a titan unit which decreases HP by every hit - also counters Angron.

- Oks great gargants can also stunlock Angron

And finally this is not balance suggestion thread but rather a "bug report thread"

NUFF said.

Edited by: dominikat

Nov 15 2015 Anchor

Hello master Doofus:

To report sometimes certains tanks like the Hellhounds and Leman Russ Murderer fully or partial upgraded (I don't know if happens with other tanks) cause a passive damage to nearby units, for example, I had a squad of Ogryns and being close to the tank it had a loss of morale just until I got away from the tank can regain his moral, this happens with the Techpriest too, can't close to the tanks to repair because they flying away like if blow up by explosion. Need to review this problem. Thanks.

Nov 15 2015 Anchor

This is likely because it was set to it's RAM ability. This affects both your units and the enemies. You need to turn it off in order to have your infantry near it.

Nov 15 2015 Anchor

The chaos daemons ai never choose khorne for their god, and never make titans or angron either, tested many times, even had a game full with 8 plaers all ai daemons, and all their daemon princes where anything but khorne.

Nov 16 2015 Anchor

This is not a major issue, in fact it is minor, but I did notice that when playing as the Necrons, the Eliminator warrior has an animation bug when he just stands still and float around whenever he is in melee or whenever he is within shooting distance while walking. And when he twist around, his legs get a little wonky. So just a minor animation bug I thought I'd point out.

Nov 16 2015 Anchor

I noticed that a game vs Demons crashed after 15 minutes. An other game with Necron vs Orks did not crash, so Daemons seem to be the problem.

Nov 16 2015 Anchor
Athreon wrote:

This is likely because it was set to it's RAM ability. This affects both your units and the enemies. You need to turn it off in order to have your infantry near it.

RAM nothing!!! I don't use this ability

Nov 16 2015 Anchor

Tyranids dont have any super weapon. I have done all upgrades and nothing anywhere.

Im always playing with Apocalypse rules and destroy HQ

relic00004relic00003relic00002

Edited by: ellhn

Nov 16 2015 Anchor

for necrons the third level of destroyer and heavy destroyer upgrades are showing as pink boxes. they seem to work perfectly stat wise though.

Nov 17 2015 Anchor

Thank you everyone for reporting these issues! I am working on them right away! I'll reply to your posts later after I begin my bug fixings. xD

I noticed that a game vs Demons crashed after 15 minutes. An other game with Necron vs Orks did not crash, so Daemons seem to be the problem.

Oh get 1.84.58.

- Tau have a titan unit which decreases HP by every hit - also counters Angron.

? They got what mate? Explain?

argron have no weapons selecteable

Go through his wargear mate.

Not sure if this is a bug or just something missing in coding but when I was testing the AI, I found a strange thing that IDH does. The Tau player nuked the IDH AI and well... when I watched, the IDH just kept building Maintenance Servitors till it died, but what I mean was, it was building them but not using them to repair, simply just stood around with them doing nothing. Can anyone else confirm that this happens or was it just a fluke? There were multiple buildings damaged and we had Uber Structures on, It kinda just gimps the AI majorly and lags the game slightly with the Servitor spam without it even using them for any real use till it was nuked again.

I guess it isn't a MAJOR bug since nuking / game enders usually means you win, but it makes me wonder if they EVER used the Servitors, I haven't tested the AI much on that since it tends not to build them, but does the AI actually use the Servitors or just lets its buildings burn?

Do you have a video or something? It is possible that the Servitors just don't know how to build structures and I should remove them from AI build...

Nov 18 2015 Anchor

Also Elder superweapons are grey out and you cannot use them except the last one (the one that move around and does huge damage)

Nov 19 2015 Anchor

Just wanting to confirm based on my previous comment, that Demons a.i do not ever build the nightmare altar, or whatever building it's called that allows for the creation of titans like the brass scorpion or Angron, texted on my friends version too, no matter what win conditions or maps we play the daemons never make it, and so get annihilated every time.

Nov 19 2015 Anchor

Yeah it'll be fixed in next version.

@ellhn: I don't think I have that problem. I even played Eldar recently. What do you mean?

Nov 19 2015 Anchor

I have a question: I was playing the UA THB Free Turret Place since you release because I really hate the gameplay where can't build turret outside the control zone, but I'm seeing that in the version note said:

DOW Engine 1.2.120, UA: THB - Turret free place 1.84, Build 120

but when I run UA: THB New Faction show this:

DOW Engine 1.2.120, UA: THB - New Factions 1.84.58, Build 120

My question is: If I'm playing the Free Turret Place addon (1.84) then I'm not using the last version of UA, that is the last version of the mod (1.84.58)???? And if this is right, how I can play with the version 1.84.58 with the Turret Free Place addon????

Thanks for your attention and waiting your value answer.

Nov 21 2015 Anchor
ralleo1980 wrote:
ralleo1980 wrote:
Lord_Cylarne wrote:

@ellhn: I don't think I have that problem. I even played Eldar recently. What do you mean?

all eldar superweapons are grey out and cannot be used except the last one that you get it with upgrade

Edited by: ellhn

Nov 21 2015 Anchor
Athreon wrote:

Hello Athreon, Sorry man you're alright I did known about this ability RAM. Thanks a lot for your answer and sorry for the last post. Greetings

Nov 22 2015 Anchor

the stormlord bolter sponsons dont seem to fire on targets directly ahead of the tank. only mentioning because the las sponsons are able to do so.

Nov 22 2015 Anchor

So, this is the first time ive gone to the bug page so please bare with me. I've had this problem for a while now and I have no idea what to do to fix it. When ever my units, whether their a melee squad or forced into melee, melee another squad I lose control of them. Like, if i want them to run away they will start moving that direction but then immediately turn around. I usually can counter this by using the "move here" button thats provided but i dont want to have to do this every time i need to get a squad out of a fight. I'm sorry im not good at explaining this lol. If needed i can try and provide a screen shot or what ever it is you need. Thank you

Nov 23 2015 Anchor

Patch: 1.84.58

I'm going to begin with something that is not a bug but urgently needs to be fixed:
When upgrading a commander to level 4, the icon, in Roman numbers, is written like "IIII" instead of "IV", please, have a look to the Roman Numbers instead of inventing them :D

Now the actual bugs:

Inquisition

+ Bodyguards get grenades without research just building the Deployment Bunker. I don't know if intended.

+ Attached ServoSkull is invisible while the squad is not attacking but appears when attacking (melee or ranged).

+ Attached ServoSkull moves at the same speed than when unattached, this means in long distances, the ServoSkull is going to be far away from the actual squad, and meaning it is going to be the first to be attacked.

+ Inquisition doesn't have any resource research in tier 5 (maximum is research level 2).

+ Some buildings like Deployment Bunker that can deepstrike units if gathered inside, doesn't have a button to deploy the units out the building without being deepstriked (like the Rhino tank, for example), this means, if by accident some unit go inside the building, you will have to wait till you can deepstrike it.

+ Not sure if a bug or bad assumption: the Inquisitorial Deployment Bunker shares the same model than IG Bunker but the thing is, Inquisitorial units cannot shoot from inside the Deployment Bunker.

+ Maybe I remember it wrong but Hellfire Dreadnought used to have a flamethrower in a close range in old patches, doesn't it? because right now it doesn't have it. Maybe it's my bad that for me makes sense it does (or used to) because of the name, but it is true that the wiki doesn't mention it.

+ Right now you cannot upgrade the global turrets (damage, armor and range) from the deepstriked turrets when you could do it in old patches from a commander-menu-like when you have selected a deepstriked turret. This means that you can only do turret researches from a standard turret.

+ Although now you cannot jump with a plane into a Impassable Terrain, it can get stuck in it if you jump close to it's limits. Also now you cannot move a plane over it without jumping ( I think you could do it before ).

+ There's an error in the description of the Grey Knight Interceptors weapon choice repeating "Accuracy" in any of them, in one of the says "Accuracy: Bad" and the other "Accuracy: Good", a little contradicting. And I'm not 100% sure but I swear this also happens with Grey Knight Paladins.

+ Even though in this patch it was fixed the teleportation delay of Grey Knight units, the delay is still the same in Grey Knight Paladins and the Chaplain (in terminator armor).

+ All the Land Raiders can be destroyed (and get damaged) while using the ability "Machine Spirit" when they should be invulnerable. I have tested this against Angron with Chosen Sword. Angron destroys almost any Land Raider in 3 seconds when the ability lasts at least 6-10 seconds. I know it is not any of the Angron's abilities because the Inquisitor won't die against him when using the ability that won't let him die (but yes to be damaged).

+ The Inquisitor's Mage Sorceror ability description claims that he will be invulnerable to moral damage but the truth is that after researched, he still is. Tested placing him inside Chaos fog.

+ Purifier Titan will run the idle/waiting orders animation when attacking something static, like a building (but with fire out of the cannons and damaging the objective).

+ Any of the RAM tanks button will get a pink box (missing texture) if an enemy unit has any ability to disable abilities, like Angron with Chosen Sword or Void Sword. Tested with Land Raider vs Angron.

Chaos Daemons

+ The shadow of a Hell Drake is the same than a Hell Talon.

+ Angron doesn't update his stats when buying him any sword and, maybe I'm wrong but I think he does more damage.

Nov 23 2015 Anchor
caribpa wrote:

Chaos Daemons

+ The shadow of a Hell Drake is the same than a Hell Talon.

+ Angron doesn't update his stats when buying him any sword and, maybe I'm wrong but I think he does more damage.

He is not supposed to update stats. He never did actually. His weapon damage is separate from his base weapon damage. And his damage is the same as in previous versions. As far as I know his chosen sword damage will be quite buffed next patch because chosen sword costs insane 10k req/power now and barely makes a difference to other weapons.

I totally agree with all your reports.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.