Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
UACL: A personal modification for UA1734 (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Fan Thread : UACL: A personal modification for UA1734) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
May 15 2014 Anchor

Swarmlord

Hivetyrant with Hive Guard

almost every tyranid stuff has been replaced with new models

Some new stuff has been done, but no more update before UA 1.74.

Download it here(Now Moddb download available)
Moddb.com

Ultimate Apocalypse Plus (UA-Crosslune)
- a personal modification for Ultimate Apocalypse Mod 1.73.4
Version UA1.73.4 Plus 1.14

First of all, you must notice that this is only a personal modification for UA1734. You can call it an Add-on, but it is far from a mod.

It based on UA1.7.34, and itdoesn’t go with other version or mod.

The main aim for this add-on is to make UA more comfortable; it adds new art files and music playlist, and it also strengthen Necron AI and economy system to make them a little more powerful. All tyranid units are replaced with new models from Dow2, for the original tyranid models are too ugly to watch.

Credits
All UA creditsDark Prophecy mod team for Tyranids and other new models and loading screen(Maybe)
Ttru team for super stompa models(Perhaps)
FOK mod team for new team colors and bannersSTALKERw40k for his wonderful completion of music and other stuff(check it on youtube_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve4RoZpv5SU

How to install:
1.copy all the things into the game folder from 00 Core Section
2.Chose what you want from other sections and copy the stuff from them into UAcrosslune folder
3.start game and chose UAclosslune in mod manager

Details of each section: (all these can be found in Read Me file included in 7Z package)

01 necron
Necron AI is now more powerful, and the economy system is also modified to give Necron more advantage in the beginning of the battle.

02 Art Enhanced (recommanded)copy all from this section into UAcrosslune/data
① new loading screen of illustrations from codex books
② replace old chaos bloodletters with the dow 2 model and add sync kills to them
③ rescale most units_some super weapon building and titans are not that big_space marine scaled from 1.1 to 1, and heroes looks a little bigger_most unit shadows are reset
④ fix Tau remora drones, they can shot bullets directly on the enemy rather than shooting the air forward.
⑤ replace Ork stompa with a new stompa model, which is from ttru mod. And they are also used in ZMS and dark prophecy mod. Weapon and other values of it changed a little to suit new model. It became a little faster, and I weakened it a little in close combat.

03 Music (recomanded)
you must download the four links list on this youtube site before, and you can review new music from this video
Youtube.com
copy sound/music folder into UAcrosslune/data/sound, and copy all the things in 03 Music section in to UAcrosslune/data
The new music package replace old UA music except UA main theme, and they are all lore friendly.

04 Camera (recomanded if you find the default UA camera is to high especially in some fog map)copy all from this section into UAcrosslune/data

05 Tyranids new models (most recommended)Almost 96% of the old tyranid units and structures are replaced with new models, you can find them in game. For the new models may cause a little lag, I also decreased the quantity of swarm. They are still swarm but not that swarm, and they became a little stronger now.

To explain this I will give you an example: In the original UA you can build a large swarm of 100 units, and now you build a swarm of 85 units and each unit is 1.15 stronger compared with the old ones. But they are still swarm, for other races may only have an army of 60 units.
Other changes:
① A new melee weapon added to carnifex. You can find it in the upgrade section, and AI can also use this upgrade.
② A range weapon choice of Hive Tyrant has been replaced with a new melee weapon to suit the new model. It is the crush claw, which can make the opponent in close combat receive more melee damage.Lash whip can stop the enemies from in close combat, so the enemies cannot escape unless they have jump pack. (Notice that it only stops one units other than the whole squad)
Hive Tyrant now moves a little faster, and it receive less health boost from its carapace research.The wing research is replaced with Hive Guard research, for the new model doesn’t have a jump animation group.
Hive Tyrant can reinforce 3 guards as his bodyguards. Hive Guards are very tough, but they are not so powerful in close combat; they are just the shield of Hive Tyrant.

③ A new heroic relic unit is added to tyranids. It’s the swarm lord, which has 14000 hp, and deals great damage in close combat. It also has ability of 30% melee defence, so it is extremely deadly in close combat.

Edited by: CrossLune★十字月

May 15 2014 Anchor

Man. You are awesome. Waiting for more updates.

May 22 2014 Anchor

OutsideTerro wrote: Man. You are awesome. Waiting for more updates.

New version completed, and it worth a try.

May 22 2014 Anchor

Google drive is being a prick and requesting permission. Just putting that out there.

--

How to improve performance on DoW: Soulstorm
if TV and Beer == nil then
rgd.GameData.crazy = true
rgd:save() end

May 22 2014 Anchor

Cant download. As rocket bannana said it requests permission. I suggest using this ( Mega.co.nz ) Its faster and easier to download and upload.

May 23 2014 Anchor

eis there any other place I can download this plz, plz, it saying that it need approval or some thing

May 23 2014 Anchor

Your mod is wonderful, I love how you've changed the models... but can you please change the Great Unclean One to it's Dawn of War II model?

May 23 2014 Anchor

CIS_Lord_Grievous wrote: Your mod is wonderful, I love how you've changed the models... but can you please change the Great Unclean One to it's Dawn of War II model?

I agrey whit CIS_Lord you bro need to change as much models as you can, most of all Chaos Cultists, because to tell you a truth it would make a game much more fun, am not saying you need to start now, but maybe in a future or something, also this what you have created is ''GOD LIKE'' good work :D

May 23 2014 Anchor

OutsideTerro wrote: Cant download. As rocket bannana said it requests permission. I suggest using this ( Mega.co.nz ) Its faster and easier to download and upload.

Rocket-Banana wrote: Google drive is being a prick and requesting permission. Just putting that out there.

Download now available in moddb download section! Hope you enjoy it.

CIS_Lord_Grievous wrote: Your mod is wonderful, I love how you've changed the models... but can you please change the Great Unclean One to it's Dawn of War II model?

DaNtlEs wrote:

I agrey whit CIS_Lord you bro need to change as much models as you can, most of all Chaos Cultists, because to tell you a truth it would make a game much more fun, am not saying you need to start now, but maybe in a future or something, also this what you have created is ''GOD LIKE'' good work :D

For each UA update, this personal add-on should be reworked to go with it. Tyranids are essential because ... I really can't stand the original tyranids models. For the other things, I may do it if I have enough time. In fact I hope UA team to put these new stuff into the official UA mod. But not only these dow2 models have copyrights, and sometimes they also increase game lag.

May 27 2014 Anchor

fantastic work man keep us updated

May 28 2014 Anchor

Some suggestions:
-Change Great Unclean One to Dawn of War II model (if possible)
-Change Chaos Dreadnought to Dawn of War II model (if possible)
-Add Weirdboy commander for the Orks (if possible)
-Change Ripper Swarm to Dawn of War II model (if possible)
-Add Comissar Lord as an Imperial Guard hero (if possible)
-Add Catachan Devils squad as Imperial Guard unit (if possible)
-Add Death Korps of Krieg squad as Imperial Guard unit (if possible)
-Change Ogryns to Dawn of War II model (if possible)

I hope my ideas aren't too demanding, but I'd very pleased if these changes were made. Your mod is amazing and seriously enhances the UA experience.

May 29 2014 Anchor

CIS_Lord_Grievous wrote: Some suggestions:

I hope my ideas aren't too demanding, but I'd very pleased if these changes were made. Your mod is amazing and seriously enhances the UA experience.

I'll see if they are necessary. I remember these dow2 models are existed, but I don't know which mod contains them.

May 29 2014 Anchor

Alright, thank you!

May 29 2014 Anchor

you have some nice ideas, I add one more Chaos Cultists, I hate those guys on SS, if someone can change them WOW, my personal wish

May 29 2014 Anchor

DaNtlEs wrote:

you have some nice ideas, I add one more Chaos Cultists, I hate those guys on SS, if someone can change them WOW, my personal wish

I'd love to see those as well (even though the current Cultists have a lot of charm to me).

aundrekaneshiro
aundrekaneshiro Destoryer Of Worlds
May 31 2014 Anchor

I would like to see the necrons flying unit aswell as its acttual tank units i.e necron annihilation barge etc.

--

GACKT

May 31 2014 Anchor

aundrekaneshiro wrote: I would like to see the necrons flying unit aswell as its acttual tank units i.e necron annihilation barge etc.

I think the UA team will add them in the future version.

Jun 1 2014 Anchor

CrossLune★十字月 wrote:

aundrekaneshiro wrote: I would like to see the necrons flying unit aswell as its acttual tank units i.e necron annihilation barge etc.

Yeah, they probably will. No point in adding them.
CrossLune, do you have anything going on out of sight?

Jun 1 2014 Anchor

CIS_Lord_Grievous wrote:

CrossLune★十字月 wrote:

Yeah, they probably will. No point in adding them.
CrossLune, do you have anything going on out of sight?

I am modifying the balance of Nec and Tyranids, and I have modified titan units and their ability to adapt them to my model scale. These are some small things. The big plan is to make an intro for UA, and 25% has been done. After all, before 1.74 no more big thing I think.

Jun 1 2014 Anchor

Sounds awesome! I can't wait!

What are your plans for the intro?

Jun 1 2014 Anchor

CIS_Lord_Grievous wrote: Sounds awesome! I can't wait!

What are your plans for the intro?

Stop images plus game record. Make a small introduction for every race and the two special things, titans and super weapons. I think it looks more like a trailer...

Jun 7 2014 Anchor

Congratulations on becoming an "official download"!

Think you'll push out another update before 1.74?

Jun 7 2014 Anchor

CIS_Lord_Grievous wrote: Congratulations on becoming an "official download"!

Think you'll push out another update before 1.74?

Perhaps. I replaced Penitent Engine with the model from WH mod, and I am now thinking of if I should keep it.

Jun 7 2014 Anchor

Honestly, I think the Penitent Engine from SS isn't too bad. The other sister units... I wouldn't mind seeing some of them replaced.
Would like to see the Arco-Flaggelents, the Throne of Judgement, the Eversor and Callidus Assassins as well...

Jun 8 2014 Anchor

I think you should replace screamer killer carnifex to tyrant guard because first carnifex is too big to be so vulnerable. Even tau krootox who is smaller 2 or 3 times than him can easily kill him. It would be awesome to have it as seperate unit cuz it has that cool shield ability :P

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.