Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Poll: Should DOW2 Units be in DOW Mods? (34 votes)
DOW 2 units in DOW Mods. (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : DOW 2 units in DOW Mods.) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 28 2013 This post has been deleted.
Mar 28 2013 Anchor

RT2, nobody (except a few who have the time to spare and particularly strong minds) reads EULAs. They're designed to bore and tire people, so one skips to the "Accept" and agrees to terms that (in many cases) are pretty much screwing one over.

To have a much humanly readable explanation on this, I suggest ModDB's article on copyright, which summarizes it all in 4 quick points:

ModDB wrote: Examples of copyright violation are:

• De-compiling/Disassembling content for use in another games engine.
  • Use of another games art assets in a mod without the consent of the artist.
  • Claiming work is yours when it was made by some one else.
  • Taking work from a mod or game and using it in another without consent.

So even if the 40k license "doesn't belong to anybody" (which is false, it's currently in the hands of Games Workshop), using other games' art assets without consent is already specified as a no-no in ModDB's rules.
Other mods doing that isn't UA's concern, but if it was strictly for the rules, they couldn't have their stuff in this site.

--

How to improve performance on DoW: Soulstorm
if TV and Beer == nil then
rgd.GameData.crazy = true
rgd:save() end

Mar 28 2013 Anchor

Word of advice.. DO NOT take the DoW 2 models and place them in the mod..

Mar 28 2013 Anchor

I'd like to throw my hat in and say no. It's just taking a risk you don't need to take to do work you guys don't need to do.

That and the old models are fine.

Mar 28 2013 Anchor

Ok this bad boy is getting locked. There is NO WAY we are implementing DOW 2 models in the UA mod, ever. That may lead us to big risks... and it will restrict us from our main forum. I appreciate the thought, RT2, and your HUGE activity, contribution, thoughts, and you in general with a kind heart, but this is no debate, it was forever a simple no-no.

I do love the DOW II models very much, but sorry, it will never happen. I'm up for anymore discussions, but not illegal matters.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.