Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Dawn of War 3 will not be like Ultimate Apocalypse! (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Dawn of War 3 will not be like Ultimate Apocalypse!) Locked
Thread Options
May 27 2016 Anchor

Ok peeps I just want to put that straight. Soulstorm has been modified to suit the hardcore fans and turn the game into an awesome EPIC-SCALE game called Ultimate Apocalypse. Here you have one of the strongest units fluff/book-wise along with massive battles and unit tiering. Looking at Relic and Sega I think it's quite safe to say that they will not duplicate the Ultimate Apocalypse and they will simply have a dubbed down version of it where you can have your strongest unit in the 10th or 15th unit. DoW 3 will surely be designed to suit the genral audience of kidos who play after school after having done their homework . It will be Starcraft 2-like game without EPIC zoom, EPIC units and epic battles. (Come on the epic unit they show off is Imperial Knight which is a baneblade-class unit LOL) :) This means 2 things

1. )) - Ultimate Apocalypse will still be a better game for hardcore fans. UNLESS

2. )) - Ultimate Apocalypse developers don't create a mod for DoW 3.

I wanted to say that because I am tired of all the shallow hype for DoW 3. Yes the engine will probably be better, more colourful and smooth BUT don't compare it to a mod into which people have put 5 years of hardcore devolpment for the one sake of being EPIC! I just wanted people to know that unless developers find fundamental support we won't see DoW 3 UA and Soulstorm UA will still be the better game. (for hardcore fans)....

and if you want to see Dow 3 gameplay take a look at this pic!

Facebook.com

Capture

Edited by: UAfan

May 27 2016 Anchor

They even said that the game won't feature up-close detail of units as it will be way too performance heavy.

May 27 2016 Anchor

That's true UAfan... I think no one is confused about that. People who are experienced gamers understand the market and they know that every developer wants .... one .... thing ...... --- $$$$ M -- O -- N-- E--Y $$$.

Epic scale RTS games are sadly not for the general audience... that's why hardcore fans should unite and should have support for a game like Ultimate Apocalypse.

I think the best thing will be for Cylarne to create his own game with it's own engine which will support newer machines and will be optimized based on WH40k!

May 27 2016 Anchor

Yeah... I am so sorry for all those people on the Dawn of War 3 hype train as if it will bring god-like units/ game enders/research.

As you said their strongest unit will be a baneblade-class one probably LOOOOL :D :D :D one which is spammable in Ultimate Apocalypse and is eaten for breakfast in mid-game.

May 27 2016 Anchor
dominikat wrote:

Yeah... I am so sorry for all those people on the Dawn of War 3 hype train as if it will bring god-like units/ game enders/research.

As you said their strongest unit will be a baneblade-class one probably LOOOOL :D :D :D one which is spammable in Ultimate Apocalypse and is eaten for breakfast in mid-game.

Come on ... be optimistic... believe that they might include something like a great mighty enormous game ender.....like a ....... Squiggoth!!! :D

(this was irony)

May 27 2016 Anchor

Uhm what about the Wraith Lord they showed in the trailer? Aren't these spammable UA units? I really hope these guys pull it off. It will be indeed a total disappointment if they bring no epicness.

May 27 2016 Anchor

Personally the main thing I want to see from DoW3 is a better pathing/targeting AI. As long as the game is moddable,c content can be taken care of by modders. But there are some serious flaws with the DoW engine that aren't going to go away.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.