Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Bug Report - Version 1.73.7 (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Bug Report - Version 1.73.7) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Oct 29 2014 Anchor

Please state all possible or definite bugs that needs to be fixed in the next version, 1.73.8 or 1.74.

This thread relates to version 1.73.7, 1.73's patch only. All later versions will be posted on other threads.

Please read the FAQ before posting.

Also if you at all combined any older versions of UA mod with 1.73, that is a no - no. Please reinstall with version 1.73 as only mod version to report bugs with.

--------------------------------------------------------|
Requirements:
--------------------------------------------------------|
- Ultimate Apocalypse 1.73 and 1.73.4.
- Dawn of War - Soulstorm
- Tyranids mod 0.52beta - tyranids.gameapollo.com/mirror/Tyranid_Mod_0.5b2_Installer.exe
- UltimateApocalypse_Tyranids (In version 1.73) ---- Tyranids are already compact within the core mod of Ultimate Apocalypse. No need for New Races expansions or campaign.
- Objective Points mod (In version 1.73)

- You DO NOT need Tyranids to run this version. But to get back Tyranids, all you need to do is navigate to your UltimateApocalypse.module file and uncomment out:

//RequiredMod.5 = UltimateApocalypse_Tyranids
//RequiredMod.6 = Tyranids

to

RequiredMod.5 = UltimateApocalypse_Tyranids
RequiredMod.6 = Tyranids

If everything you did up top matches, please state the bugs provided on this thread. :) There will be NO "I am missing Tyranids race" reports. I will simply delete your post if this happens.

Edited by: Lord_Cylarne

Oct 30 2014 Anchor

The Teknologees in the big tent and Da Boyz Hut are not subject to the "Instant research/construction" rule.

I'll post more as it crops up.

Oct 30 2014 Anchor

Necron attack scarabs burrow deburrow ability has pink icon

THEONLYDarkShadow
THEONLYDarkShadow The Entity of Chaos
Oct 30 2014 Anchor

john_doe_2011 wrote: The Necrons still have 12 Plasma Generators per Monolith, both in-game and in the description, instead of 24 as promised.

Update: there's a global limit on Necron PGs - 24 per any number of Monoliths. Is that supposed to be so? :O

Apparently. There's a required_structure_ratio requirement of 12 per Monolith and a required_cap requirement of 24 on the generators. So yeah, it seems as if that's deliberate. You can only get 12 generators per Monolith and only 24 generators in total. Perhaps it's to encourage people to build Thermo Plasma Generators and Heavy Thermo Plasma Generators and/or to stop the Necrons power rate from climbing so high at a fast rate?

--

Dawn of War Mod Manager (Version 1.2 - 2016/03/21)

Dawn of War Mod Manager

A mod manager for Dawn of War, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade and Soulstorm. Eliminates common problems with launching mods, such as not having required mods or the correct version of required mods installed. Check it out and let me know what you think.

sinblood
sinblood Undefined Species
Oct 30 2014 Anchor

Chucks, obvioulsy this new version is landing when I'm not at home for few days -_-

john_doe_2011 wrote: The Necrons still have 12 Plasma Generators per Monolith, both in-game and in the description, instead of 24 as promised.

Update: there's a global limit on Necron PGs - 24 per any number of Monoliths. Is that supposed to be so? :O

From changelog, this seem to be 24 max. Sounds good to me. I rarely need to build more than that. Even AI do not build so much anyway (or not more for sure) ^^. The critical thing is : Do Necrons are building on deposit slag now. Because, maybe it's just me , it seems that until you build on them, energy rate is somewhat slowed down in comparison of map where there isn't any. It is concerning every race by the way but as Necrons are only dependent of this resource...and on top of that how the increased economy researches power cost will affect overall Necrons gameplay. Maybe hard time are back. Can't wait sunday to test this ^^

Edited by: sinblood

--

Check my profile for some Tyranids retextures (link provided in pics description)

Oct 30 2014 Anchor

SoB command squad has two pink wargear researches. They are the second and third from the right side.

Edited by: LordRadical

Oct 30 2014 Anchor

Someone wrote: Necron attack scarabs burrow deburrow ability has pink icon

???

Scarabs aren't supposed to burrow and deburrow. Will be rectified.

It is correct that there is only 24 generators in general. Sorry for confusion.

Oct 30 2014 Anchor

Space Marine Whirlwind MKII

When switching from an attack ground command to something within their reach, to something out of their usual range, they will move but continue firing missiles in all directions.

Creates a pretty fancy show - Here is a pretty Picture of them going insane

Oct 30 2014 Anchor

I like that picture a lot. xD

Oct 31 2014 Anchor

tau superweapon construction icons is blinking and is unable to finish

Oct 31 2014 Anchor

Maybe I should remove the limit and allow auto construction upon right click... thing is, it will not allow 2 superweapons to be fired, even if you built two "construct superweapons". But who knows, I could be wrong. xD

Nov 1 2014 Anchor

IG ''we are the imperial guard!'' ability dont make baneblades free

n-u
n-u
Nov 1 2014 Anchor

I also have some Problems with the Tau Superweapon. when i construct superweapon there is no superweapon to use

Nov 1 2014 Anchor

BlessedOne wrote: IG ''we are the imperial guard!'' ability dont make baneblades free

I guess that the mod team (I can't remember who) said that free baneblade effect would be remove from this ability, I'm not sure of this. But if this is true I think that the other effect of this ability need to be buffed because take a while of cooldown and the enemy not retreat or run desperately for here life or another super cool effect.

Edited by: ralleo1980

Deuce_Savage
Deuce_Savage Warhammer 40,000 hamburgers to go, please!
Nov 2 2014 Anchor

Whaahhhh! heh heh The game starts off with PINK strategic points, what do i have to do - reinstall it or wait for a patch?

--

In science fiction, fantasy, & art - anything goes baby!

Nov 2 2014 Anchor

The animation when the field lieutenant kill in melee is bugged, instead of doing the animation he stands with the banner like if he was going to capture a point.

Deuce_Savage
Deuce_Savage Warhammer 40,000 hamburgers to go, please!
Nov 2 2014 Anchor

Ok, the PINK strategic points has been solved...I re-installed the latest patch by unzipping it properly with 7zip. Now there are strategic points, looks good.

--

In science fiction, fantasy, & art - anything goes baby!

sinblood
Nov 3 2014 Anchor

TAU: I'm experiencing a strange bug with Skyray missile barrage. They steal use it automatically after the first use. They do this until I make them move somewhere else.

--

Check my profile for some Tyranids retextures (link provided in pics description)

Nov 3 2014 Anchor

Lots of apparent Skyray Gunship problems. Me likes what I'm about to fix. Skyrays are automatically equipped with missile launchers (lower belly) while Hammerheads are equipped with non missile launchers (lower belly). I can do this for Skyrays, but not Hammerheads. As DOW does not have a thing for complex and non complex upgrade categories. xD

@Deuce: reinstall your objective points mod. Make sure you read the FAQ for more information.

And free Baneblade thing was removed intentionally for more global enemy morale damage. So it is like a "fear us!" ability. Which will be reworked for DODA only.

Nov 3 2014 Anchor

Lord_Cylarne wrote: And free Baneblade thing was removed intentionally for more global enemy morale damage. So it is like a "fear us!" ability. Which will be reworked for DODA only.

Yes, I know that read about this change in the ability somewhere in the forum. I think that is a good idea, because really prefer an ability can help me in a moment that can change the way of the battle. Greetings

Nov 6 2014 Anchor

Necrons are not going to t3 on 1.73.71!

sinblood
Nov 6 2014 Anchor

He might be right...I'm not completely sure but so far I haven't seen any titan other than Awakened and Siege monoliths. If there is any race that don't wait for ages to produce their most powerful units, it's definitely them (and in a lesser extent, Nids). So I think it should be double checked by The Team :)

Edit: It is working.

--

Nov 6 2014 Anchor

Eldar prism on/off ability is bugged. When you turn it on it cant be turned off even if it shows that its turned off

sinblood
Nov 6 2014 Anchor

Necrons: After many skirmish playing as and with them (4p, 6p, 8p maps) , there is something wrong.
I play Harder difficulty however I often have a bigger resource score than some of them at the end. It should not happen.
There is always at least one Necron AI which is teching right but do not produce titans and sometimes do not even build sterilization obelisks either. Usually that's the one(s) with the lowest military score (kill AND Loss).

They still don't build on deposit slag...

Immortals are (still) often not targeting units that are in their reach until I order them to AIM one.

Edit: I've added 'still' because I already reported those issues before and are not related to this specific version of the mod. Example I reported the Immortals problem since 1.73.4.

--

Nov 6 2014 Anchor

Yes, yes, yes, Necron AI is broken and won't be fixed until RHB...

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.