Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Bug Report - THB Version 1.84 (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Bug Report - THB Version 1.84) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Oct 21 2015 Anchor

Hi everyone !

I just played one game with the Necrons, I have a really better feeling with them in this new version, thanks to all UA team !

There is just 1 bug I noticed with Necrons : The Deathlord was not able to spawn new Pariahs, even with all upgrades completed in every bluidings and units.

And 1 bug with Chaos SM I was fighting : the raptors were ALWAYS saying "Death from above !!" when attacking.

Thanks again for this great mod ! :)

Edit : [impertinent bonus deleted]

Edited by: Rammlied314

Oct 21 2015 Anchor

obvious one. not all the races got the upgraded listening posts global upgrade. space marines for sure. i have to mention this is an amazing update. thanks UA team.

THEONLYDarkShadow
THEONLYDarkShadow The Entity of Chaos
Oct 21 2015 Anchor
Rammlied314 wrote:

Bonus : I propose that the add-ons in energy beacons apply to all other energy beacon, it is quite annoying to see 20 times the same upgrade by doing Ctrl+R :)

Then they would have to be researches, not add-ons. Add-ons only apply to a singular entity and are lost when that entity is destroyed. Besides, turning them into researches might make the Energy Beacons overpowered. The abilities that those add-ons grant can actually be pretty powerful, and the additional power costs that the add-ons bring can help to balance against said power.

Edited by: THEONLYDarkShadow

--

Dawn of War Mod Manager (Version 1.2 - 2016/03/21)

Dawn of War Mod Manager

A mod manager for Dawn of War, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade and Soulstorm. Eliminates common problems with launching mods, such as not having required mods or the correct version of required mods installed. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Oct 22 2015 Anchor

I know I posted a seperate thread on this, but I do feel this patch, 1.84, is creating more scar errors than I've seen in a while. Other people commenting in download section comments are reporting similiar issues.

Edited by: madhatter70

Oct 22 2015 Anchor

Tau commander is missing the missile barrage abilitie.

Csm sorcerer global spells still affect builder units.

Edited by: Starship101

Oct 22 2015 Anchor
Starship101 wrote:

Did you have his missile pods? I just tried a game as tau and he had the ability.

Oct 23 2015 Anchor
Wallabe wrote:
Starship101 wrote:

Did you have his missile pods? I just tried a game as tau and he had the ability.

Yes i just tried it again, got the missile pod wargear but nomore missile barrage ability :/

Edited by: Starship101

Oct 23 2015 Anchor

just played a match as sisters and for some reason the research for the confessor ability "witch hammer" locked up again when i teched past tier 2.

Oct 24 2015 Anchor

fire prisms still suffer from not being able to toggle the aoe shot back on. the button works but the weapon style doesnt change back. eldar super weapons dont work on the ammo system. They build one super weapon and then function off cooldowns. not sure if intended. the ancient wraithlords seem to have a graphical glitch on the back of the loin cloth. may be an installation problem. i will post back with an update. also eldar vehicles using ram have their shields drained over time. again not sure if intentional.

Yah tried a fresh install. i have had models look like pink outlines before and a fresh install always fixed it. this time the ancient wraithguard still sometimes spawn with the bottom half of the loincloth as a pink box. not the whole squad, just individual models.

Edited by: dracmage

Oct 24 2015 Anchor

I am encountering an error where the screen freezes the UI disappears and some of the textures freak out and warp around the screen, Some time random text appears or the text on screen breaks, the game is still playable but to reset the game I have to tab out and tab in again costing time. Help?

Usually happens when a building is being built or new research begins, the same for all races.

UPDATE: Gonna try to fix this by reinstalling the mod with mod manager.

Edited by: agathor99

Oct 24 2015 Anchor

Tyranid ai seems to be breaking the game. i know this has been mentioned but i am posting it here because this is for bug reports. the logs are stating the tyranid ai is having scar errors. i think it has something to do with the wargear changes. mebbe trying to buy the stuff at low level even though its not available till lvl 6 now? idk just a guess.

Vanguards seem to only have 3 heavy weapons with upgrades now.

Oct 25 2015 Anchor

Update: hi again, unfortunately I keep having the scar errors, and now game crashes. I do use htcore. I reinstalled soul storm, the, and 1.84, no extra factions, and still get scar errors. I did not see this ever with patch 1.83. It seems to me that something in 1.84 is causing this.

So this is without tyranids, chaos daemons, or inquisition. I really believe the issue is solely due to the latest patch.

Oct 25 2015 Anchor
madhatter70 wrote:

Update: hi again, unfortunately I keep having the scar errors, and now game crashes. I do use htcore. I reinstalled soul storm, the, and 1.84, no extra factions, and still get scar errors. I did not see this ever with patch 1.83. It seems to me that something in 1.84 is causing this.

So this is without tyranids, chaos daemons, or inquisition. I really believe the issue is solely due to the latest patch.

Why don't you hop over to the thread linked below as well and make a post? You're in the right place because this is a bug, but given how widespread the crashing bug is, it would probably help the mod team to have as much information on it in one place.

Moddb.com

Edited by: Wallabe

THEONLYDarkShadow
Oct 25 2015 Anchor

While troubleshooting Richa55's issue, I've noticed something anomalous in the _apocalypse_rules_core.scar file that might be the cause of the Fatal Scar Errors that people have been having.

function ApocalypseRules_Wargear_GrantToAI(ar_f_player, ar_f_wargearoption)
  -- Snip --			
  -- Necron stuff
  if (ar_f_wargearoption >= 2) then
    if (ar_f_wargearoption == 2) then
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_chronometron_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_phase_shifter_research")
    elseif (ar_f_wargearoption == 4) then
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_solar_pulse_research")
    elseif (ar_f_wargearoption == 6) then
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_phylactery_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_phylactery_destroyer_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_resurrection_orb_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_resurrection_orb_destroyer_research")
      if (Mod_Includes_Tyranids == true) then
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_lictor_adrenal_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_lictor_implant_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_lictor_senses_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_lictor_tendrils_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_hivetyrant_toxic_miasma_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_hivetyrant_warp_field_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_hivetyrant_adrenal_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_hivetyrant_carapace_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_hivetyrant_implant_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_hivetyrant_wings_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_aura_of_honor") -- These researches shouldn't be in this block.
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_curse_machine_spirit")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_firebolt")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_halo_shield")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_haste")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_mastermind")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_mind_war")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_smite")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_vision")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_weaken_resolve")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_word_of_emperor")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_inquisition")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_blind")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_eldritch_storm")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_embolden")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_entanglement")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_farsight")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_focused_mind")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_guide")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_mind_war")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_shroud")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_storm")
      end
    elseif (ar_f_wargearoption == 8 ) then
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_veil_of_darkness_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_lightning_storm_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_wargear21")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_shroud_antigravity_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_swarmlord_blades_research") -- These researches aren't in an if (Mod_Includes_Tyranids == true) block.
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_swarmlord_carapace_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_swarmlord_regeneration_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_swarmlord_abilities_research")
    end
  end
  -- Snip --
end

Firstly, look at when the wargear level is 6 (the line elseif (ar_f_wargearoption == 6) then). In the check for whether the mod is using Tyranids (the line if (Mod_Includes_Tyranids == true) then), the Space Marine and Eldar wargear researches are also in that block; which means that unless Mod_Includes_Tyranids is equal to true, the AI will never get those researches.

Secondly, and more importantly, take a look at when the wargear level is 8 (the line elseif (ar_f_wargearoption == 8 ) then). Notice that there is no check to see if Mod_Includes_Tyranids is equal to true when it gets to the Tyranids level 8 wargear researches. This means that if the Tyranids are not in the mod (specifically, if the UltimateApocalypse_Tyranids_THB mod doesn't exist), the Tyranids wargear researches won't exist. If those researches don't exist, a Fatal Scar Error will be thrown up when the function tries to grant them to the AI. I don't know if there are any other causes, but this definitely seems to be one of them.

Edited by: THEONLYDarkShadow

--

Dawn of War Mod Manager

A mod manager for Dawn of War, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade and Soulstorm. Eliminates common problems with launching mods, such as not having required mods or the correct version of required mods installed. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Oct 25 2015 Anchor
THEONLYDarkShadow wrote:

While troubleshooting Richa55's issue, I've noticed something anomalous in the _apocalypse_rules_core.scar file that might be the cause of the Fatal Scar Errors that people have been having.

function ApocalypseRules_Wargear_GrantToAI(ar_f_player, ar_f_wargearoption)
  -- Snip --			
  -- Necron stuff
  if (ar_f_wargearoption >= 2) then
    if (ar_f_wargearoption == 2) then
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_chronometron_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_phase_shifter_research")
    elseif (ar_f_wargearoption == 4) then
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_solar_pulse_research")
    elseif (ar_f_wargearoption == 6) then
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_phylactery_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_phylactery_destroyer_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_resurrection_orb_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_resurrection_orb_destroyer_research")
      if (Mod_Includes_Tyranids == true) then
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_lictor_adrenal_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_lictor_implant_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_lictor_senses_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_lictor_tendrils_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_hivetyrant_warp_field_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_hivetyrant_adrenal_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_hivetyrant_carapace_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_hivetyrant_implant_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_hivetyrant_wings_research")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_aura_of_honor") -- These researches shouldn't be in this block.
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_curse_machine_spirit")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_firebolt")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_halo_shield")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_haste")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_mastermind")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_mind_war")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_smite")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_vision")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_weaken_resolve")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_word_of_emperor")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "marine_spell_inquisition")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_blind")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_eldritch_storm")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_embolden")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_entanglement")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_farsight")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_focused_mind")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_guide")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_mind_war")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_shroud")
        Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "eldar_spell_storm")
      end
    elseif (ar_f_wargearoption == 8 ) then
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_veil_of_darkness_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_lightning_storm_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_wargear21")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "necron_shroud_antigravity_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_swarmlord_blades_research") -- These researches aren't in an if (Mod_Includes_Tyranids == true) block.
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_swarmlord_carapace_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_swarmlord_regeneration_research")
      Player_GrantResearch(ar_f_player, "tyranids_swarmlord_abilities_research")
    end
  end
  -- Snip --
end

Firstly, look at when the wargear level is 6 (the line elseif (ar_f_wargearoption == 6) then). In the check for whether the mod is using Tyranids (the line if (Mod_Includes_Tyranids == true) then), the Space Marine and Eldar wargear researches are also in that block; which means that unless Mod_Includes_Tyranids is equal to true, the AI will never get those researches.

Secondly, and more importantly, take a look at when the wargear level is 8 (the line elseif (ar_f_wargearoption == 8 ) then). Notice that there is no check to see if Mod_Includes_Tyranids is equal to true when it gets to the Tyranids level 8 wargear researches. This means that if the Tyranids are not in the mod (specifically, if the UltimateApocalypse_Tyranids_THB mod doesn't exist), the Tyranids wargear researches won't exist. If those researches don't exist, a Fatal Scar Error will be thrown up when the function tries to grant them to the AI. I don't know if there are any other causes, but this definitely seems to be one of them.

First of all, great catch! Secondly, this would seem to indicate that are at least two major bugs causing crashes, as this doesn't explain why running THB with the new races is crashing.

THEONLYDarkShadow
Oct 25 2015 Anchor
Wallabe wrote:

First of all, great catch! Secondly, this would seem to indicate that are at least two major bugs causing crashes, as this doesn't explain why running THB with the new races is crashing.

Thank you. ^^ What I posted above, though, is the cause of a Fatal Scar Error, which is different from a crash. Crashes to desktop have numerous causes and are harder to diagnose. Are there any common elements between people's crashes that might help narrow things down a bit? The maps used, the races selected, the win-conditions picked, the times when they crash, etc.

In other news, here's another bug: the XV104 Riptide Battlesuit is missing from both the relic_squad_list and the titan_squad_list tables in the RelicEntityList.scar file. This means that it won't be removed by the Restriction: All Relic Units, Restriction: All Relic Units (AI), Restriction: Titans and Restriction: Titans (AI) win-conditions. Funnily enough, it is in the relic_uber_list table; which is located in the same file.

--

Dawn of War Mod Manager

Oct 26 2015 Anchor

Daemons seem to be a common cause of crashes for me and at least one other person

Oct 26 2015 Anchor

I do not think this was reported before, I read in this new update tau should get tigershark. So far I have not been able to see it.

Oct 26 2015 Anchor

here is a more light hearted bug. when playing as tyranids anytime after i have the lictor alpha out and it kills a unit i hear the slapping noise of a melee unit hitting something constantly whenever the lictor is onscreen. also uberfex venom cannon costs 120 blue whereas the regular carnifex costs 220 for the same upgrade. posted because im not sure if it is intentional. Also the swarmlord and lictor alpha have kill animations that dont play. the enemy tweaks and spurts blood while the hero stares at them. which i suppose is a badass kill animation by itself but it doesnt seem intentional.

Oct 27 2015 Anchor

I do not think this was reported before, I read in this new update tau should get tigershark. So far I have not been able to see it.

That unit is to come in a future update as said in the patch notes.

Oct 27 2015 Anchor

Found a bug: If you remove ALL titans on the game setup for the match, the Tau XV104 Riptide Titan still is there and you can build it. The XV 101 riptide, the mako, the Manta and the Varna arent there so they are correctly removed.

THEONLYDarkShadow
Oct 28 2015 Anchor

I looked through the Chaos Daemons AI files, and I found something interesting. From the daemonsbuildbasestrategy.ai file:

function DaemonsBuildBaseStrategy:BuildRandomMarkAddons()
  local iPower = resource_manager:GetResourceAmount():Get( ResourceAmount.RT_Power )
  local tierLevel = self:GetTierLevel()

if iPower < 350 then 
    return
  end

if ( tierLevel >= 4 ) then
    self:DynamicAddon( "addon_daemons_mark_khorne", math.random( 5, 8 ), 2, 0, 150, 0, 0, nil, nil, false)
    self:DynamicAddon( "addon_daemons_mark_nurgle", math.random( 5, 8 ), 2, 0, 150, 0, 0, nil, nil, false)
    self:DynamicAddon( "addon_daemons_mark_slaanesh", math.random( 5, 8 ), 2, 0, 150, 0, 0, nil, nil, false)
    self:DynamicAddon( "addon_daemons_mark_tzeentch", math.random( 5, 8 ), 2, 0, 150, 0, 0, nil, nil, false)
  elseif ( tierLevel >= 3 ) then
    self:DynamicAddon( "addon_daemons_mark_khorne", math.random( 3, 5 ), 2, 0, 150, 0, 0, nil, nil, false)
    self:DynamicAddon( "addon_daemons_mark_nurgle", math.random( 3, 5 ), 2, 0, 150, 0, 0, nil, nil, false)
    self:DynamicAddon( "addon_daemons_mark_slaanesh", math.random( 3, 5 ), 2, 0, 150, 0, 0, nil, nil, false)
    self:DynamicAddon( "addon_daemons_mark_tzeentch", math.random( 3, 5 ), 2, 0, 150, 0, 0, nil, nil, false)
  elseif ( tierLevel >= 2 ) then
    self:DynamicAddon( "addon_daemons_mark_khorne", math.random( 1, 3 ), 2, 0, 150, 0, 0, nil, nil, false)
    self:DynamicAddon( "addon_daemons_mark_nurgle", math.random( 1, 3 ), 2, 0, 150, 0, 0, nil, nil, false)
    self:DynamicAddon( "addon_daemons_mark_slaanesh", math.random( 1, 3 ), 2, 0, 150, 0, 0, nil, nil, false)
    self:DynamicAddon( "addon_daemons_mark_tzeentch", math.random( 1, 3 ), 2, 0, 150, 0, 0, nil, nil, false)
  end
end

The BuildRandomMarkAddons() function calls the DynamicAddon() function a number of times. I'm not entirely sure, but doesn't the DynamicAddon() function not work properly and cause the game to crash? At least, it did whenever I tried to use it in my AIs. If so, then this is the other cause of crashes that people have been having.

--

Dawn of War Mod Manager

Oct 28 2015 Anchor

Helldrake now has the helltalon's VO.

I really enjoyed the big mecha-roar worthy of a daemon-engine on production/summoning.

Oct 28 2015 Anchor

When i put a Necron AI in multiplayer, my friend gets Sync Error, and when I try to go menu I got a CTD! What can I do please?

Oct 28 2015 Anchor

I have played several games to test this. But each time regardless of race combinations and win conditions it has a fatal scar error at precisely 28 minutes in, then when I leave it CTDs. I cannot find a log file for it either.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.