Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Bug Report - 1.86.3 (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Bug Report - 1.86.3) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
Mar 3 2016 Anchor

Ultimate Apocalypse 1.86.3 - Bug Report Thread

Since we don't have a new thread I thought I might as well create one for it. Mods feel free to high-jack this and edit it however you wish if there's something you need to add!

Lord Cylarne:
This thread relates to the THB 1.86.16 release. All later versions will be posted on other threads.
Please read the FAQ before posting.

Lord Cylarne:
There will be NO "I am missing Tyranids, Daemons or IDH race" reports. I will simply delete your post if this happens. Make sure that you have actually loaded The UA THB: New Factions mod in the game manager if you wish to use these races. Also make sure all separate race mods are up to date!

The Changelog for the patch can be found HERE.

Edited by: Greysion

Mar 3 2016 Anchor

Hi ! The Mobile Monoltih was not able to move and attack most of time, maybe that happened to someone else ?

Thanks for this awesome mod ! :)

Mar 3 2016 Anchor

avatar of khaine spell khaine's wrath has metamorphosed into a beautiful pink box o' doom.

Mar 3 2016 Anchor

Hi,

All heroes upon leveling up with hero researches get 150% maxed health from 250% fully upgraded to level 8.

It seems the chaos heroes still have the same health than previously, which is a huge advantage since the others i played lost a lot hitpoint.

Thanks for this epic mod i love.

Sorry for my approximativ english, it's not my native langage.

Mar 3 2016 Anchor

Just tested CSM and Eldar in a sandbox game:

Shining Spears become indestructable when Holofield is researched.

The Hellsmith doesn't lose health when Forced Labor is active.

Mar 3 2016 Anchor

New Turret rule seems inconsistent. It seems like some factions have their limit set and others do not: Space Marines have no limit, Necrons have for one type of Gauss but not for the other, and so on.

Mar 3 2016 Anchor
Flyd wrote:

Shining Spears become indestructable when Holofield is researched

Noticed this too, dropped the Eldar Win Button on them to no effect. While they aren't a great unit late game, having an invincible unit to kite the AI around and keep them from attacking your better stuff is pretty game breaking. They might be unstoppable as a swarm too, didn't try yet so I don't know if they're able to wipe out the enemy or if it'll just become a big mess of a stalemate.

Mar 4 2016 Anchor

The Eldar webway gate requisition buff toggle appears to only be giving a 5% requisition buff instead of the stated 10%.

Mar 4 2016 Anchor

So, I've noticed something pretty heavy handed with the Guardsmen Squads.

If you upgrade a couple with Plasma Guns and they die, you can no longer reinforce the squad back to full strength. Those Plasma Gun wielding Guardsmen give your squads permanent losses. Haven't tried for the other weapons yet.

Mar 4 2016 Anchor

Played as eldar and the new resource trade thingy went purple and unclickable but after 30 sec or so it was back to normal.

No biggy but thought report it anyway.

Mar 4 2016 Anchor

A few Eldar observations;

• Shining spears hotkeys - they have two hotkeys assigned to G (they are the first unit to have both the plasma grenades and the speedboost ability)
  • When you build the Shining Spear Exarch...he comes with the Shrunken Cannon already purchased, you can't build the star lance on him (this might be intentional though).
  • And yeah +1 on the invulnerable Shining Spears and the Avatar of Kaine's missing button graphic

Edited by: Eskalia23

Mar 4 2016 Anchor

tyranid super weapon still not working...
constucted superweapon icon is still glitching,no timer shows and everything is always grey out...

Mar 4 2016 Anchor

I stumbled upon that AI Building bug again. This time with the Tau Empire. With Vehicle Beacons.

Absolutely no idea what is causing it. They spilled outside the base a whole heap, but kept getting destroyed by long range turrets.

Mar 4 2016 Anchor

For 1.86.3

- for me, the shrine of the laughing god icon and picture is still pink, but when you deploy it on map, that building looks good
- the Land Raider Ares mine deployment button is Pink.

Mar 4 2016 Anchor

Nids are still not able to use nukes.

Mar 4 2016 Anchor

Oh. NEAT. I'll combine this indeed! ;)

Mar 4 2016 Anchor

Say, what version # is suppose to show on the main screen with this patch?

Thanks

Mar 5 2016 Anchor
Rahl99 wrote:
Flyd wrote:

Shining Spears become indestructable when Holofield is researched

Noticed this too, dropped the Eldar Win Button on them to no effect. While they aren't a great unit late game, having an invincible unit to kite the AI around and keep them from attacking your better stuff is pretty game breaking. They might be unstoppable as a swarm too, didn't try yet so I don't know if they're able to wipe out the enemy or if it'll just become a big mess of a stalemate.

I just got out of a game where I played as the Eldar. I maxed out my population cap using the Lighting Spears and wiped out all 3 of the AI I was facing. Not only did the Lightning Spears not die, but I also just wrecked everything.

Edited by: Posterus96

Mar 5 2016 Anchor

The Inquisition Demon Hunters are not restricted by tier restrictions like other races.

It seems like races that have to build certain buildings as their "Tech Up" are not affected by tier restrictions. Game Enders seems to work fine.

However, I have also had Chaos Daemons ignore the Tier restrictions as well, which I still have no idea how to reproduce, but it's happened quite a few times now.

ALSO; A third experience of being assaulted by buildings from the AI. This one was obsessed with minefields!

Mar 6 2016 Anchor

tyranid superweapon bug.all are grey out and cannot be used

Mar 6 2016 Anchor

making the end game ork titan seems to cause a crash quite often.

SM Chaplin cant use explosives at hero level 5.

Daemon energy gens still over priced and have 450-750hp.

chaos sorcerer lord abilities recharge way to fast, i suggest removing his greater bolt of change (barrage) and ONLY have it on the lord of change.

Edited by: VoidLight

Mar 6 2016 Anchor

@ellhn: I'll look at it... it is strange as we thoroughly tested this and it worked, but I will look into it... thanks!

After investigation, it appears to be still bugged....... after the public release. :\ Thanks for response!

Edited by: Lord_Cylarne

Mar 6 2016 Anchor

To everyone having trouble with stuff that is supposed to be fixed in 1.86.3 - the installer likes to mess up the install path, have had it with people that actually have checked and it still installed wrong (worng folder - soulstorm \ soulstorm) Quickest way to make sure that you have updated correctly is to try and run the THB without the new factions version and the frontend number is correct 1.86.3 in that one ;-)

Sorry for the doublepost - two separate issues

If the autarchs hp regen has been fixed, what about the chaos demons demon lord? He just wouldn't take damage for quite some time (even morale damage) and then suddenly go down half hp happened while under fire from a bunch of shining spears, IG reaver titan and some other stuff.

Mar 7 2016 Anchor

The Inqisition Logistik Psyker is OP as balls, its repair ability is so spammable no player on our team could kill a single enemy vehicle without having to use the large majority of out tanks (which died a second later). I am preposing a global cooldown and a limit to to said psykers. Voidlight was in the same game and can help prove the point.

I also would like to see Imperial Guard Vanqisher tanks damage upgraded, as the Vanqisher cannon is ment to be anti vehicle yet it can't damage a vehicle equal teir or price with it for crap, as well as a general buff too all Imperial guard tanks as they have become so unusable its actually not funny.

Also why was the Shadowsword nerf'd and price increased? that ruined the unit as it can't do jack shit now and is way over priced relic points wise. So I ask it be restored to its old price or old damage.

Mar 7 2016 Anchor

UA AI will always have issues with maps that have limited build space around the start point. This cannot ever be helped as the AI works on the logic of what the core vanilla code is: limited # of buildings with large sizes, small armies (not massive squad formations), limited # of massive vehicles (UA has soo many) but the real challenge with UA is the # of building types.. there are 2.5x more than vanilla and there is only so much room we can build.. ergo, the AI will likely be challenged on such maps. Best maps I find are something like 4p_Mountain_Trail where there is much more ample restate to build.

Also please remember the AI does not support 1) deleting units/buildings to unchoke bottlenecks it creates 2) idle units that can leap/fly/jump out if stuck 3) smart build placements like building on purely open terrain or knows how to create avenues to allow units to pass through effectively. We asked Relic wayy back for these things but they were never implemented. :|

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.