Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
1.88.72 Bug Compilation (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : 1.88.72 Bug Compilation) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 26 2019 Anchor

It appears that I have been posting this report in an older thread, as I thought it was the main thread for bug reports haha... But anyway, I have compiled a list of bugs to keep things civil and clean, I'll keep adding lines in here as I find new bugs as I play along :)

1 - Chaos Trenches (4) map crashes on loadscreen (not all maps, just this one afaik).

2 - Saw a Tau Piranha with -50 shield (negative morale) and it was immortal, it had an army of Tyranids bombarding it. Maybe a once-in-a-lifetime bug.

3 - AI is a bit dumb, they stop building after a while (as if: ok boys, we've built what we're supposed to, poker time!).

4 - Some AI's doesn't build as much as other AI's, as if their starting location dictates how well they should do. This is most notable in certain maps like

5 - More AI problems... The AI's that do tend to build a lot loves to trap their titans and other units in their base. Tau for example sometimes loves to build like 10 Path to Enlightenment buildings. They're stubborn too, sometimes I destroy their buildings as they're in the way and no matter what, they're going to rebuild it in that exact location... Sometimes I destroy it and place a minefield there, then the AI just refuses to build it somewhere else. As if they can't build it there they're not going to build it at all.

6 - Random CTDs. After playing for a while the game (quiet often) just crashes to desktop. I've found a workaround for now, where saving the game once in a while prevents this from happening (every 10 minutes or so). Maybe this is related to some kind of memory, RAM of VRAM perhaps. I have LAA active.

7 - Unit Ranks and Unit Rank 10. It is very difficult to reach Rank 7, but once you go beyond Rank 6 unit health decreases, but I suppose damage output is increased instead. I'd rather have a small but steady increase to both throughout the ranking. Hitting "Rank 10" is possible but errors out as "$5800010 No Range".

8 - Graphical bug. The effects of the Daemonhunters buildings are flickering pretty hard, maybe the light source could be placed higher so it doesn't cut halfway through the ground.

9 - Some upgrades lists as upgradeable even tho nothing happens in the progress bar when clicked. This happens when Apocalypse tier or game enders are restricted. Most Apocalypse related upgrades just doesn't show up (preferred) when it is restricted, it would be nice if the result of restrictions was to be a bit cleaner.

10 - When playing as Tyranids in skirmish, game rules of tier restriction and game enders restriction does not apply, there's a possibility that more rules are ignored.

11 - The .jpg "tech tree" of Chaos Daemons is incomplete, and there are multiple duplicates called "wip"... Perhaps this one doesn't count as a bug but its is noteworthy :)

12 - Playing around with the graphics settings caused my game to start in windowed 800x600 and is now stuck this way, changing the resolution back to HD results in the game asking for restart yet starts in 800x600 again with all other settings reverted. Running the game as Admin does puts my settings back to normal but by doing so I'm not being able to use RadeonPro as I use to (it has its own set of issues). If I don't start the ModManager as admin tho the game won't start up again when it asks for a restart. In other words, I'm now stuck between two choices, either play in 800x600 with SweetFX and other graphical upgrades enabled, or play in HD with vanilla graphics. Feels like a custom Launcher would be nice here where I can force settings before entering the game, and perhaps have SweetFX integrated with the Launcher.

Edited by: z1mt0n1x

Feb 1 2020 Anchor

6 - Random CTDs. After playing for a while the game (quiet often) just crashes to desktop. I've found a workaround for now, where saving the game once in a while prevents this from happening (every 10 minutes or so). Maybe this is related to some kind of memory, RAM of VRAM perhaps. I have LAA active.

The same here, the mod or the game has critical stability issues (random crashes to desktop): Moddb.com

Unfortunatelly, your workaround doesn't work at all for me, it still crashes to desktop after loading a save, but once I changed a map and replaced Chaos Daemons of computer opponent with some other race, crashes are rarer, however it still crashes sometimes.

Edited by: user2288

Apr 8 2020 Anchor

Random crashes are still happening on 1.88.731. I thought it was just getting too many units in the game for the engine to handle, but I just had one teching to tier 2 as Space Marines 1v1 against Chaos Marines when neither I nor the AI had spammed much yet. We were still skirmishing around the critical location.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.