Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
1.87.3 Changelog (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : 1.87.3 Changelog) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4
Jun 30 2016 Anchor

Version 1.87.3 is released unofficially. That means it is hard to install and you will later need to delete everything and reinstall upon later versions. This will also not work with non New Races of Ultimate Apocalypse mod. So you can only play this version with New Races involved.

INSTALLATION: Place all files into your DOW: SS directory. Overwrite. Extract all files from Ultimate_Apocalypse_Patch directory into your Ultimate_Apocalypse_THB directory. Overwrite.

You have been warned, this is an unofficial release, but contains the next fixes for previous version. This is being released now because I am on vacation, and Kairos decided to quit making the mod for the month while I'm gone for whatever reason. And so here it is, the next patch. Kairos was supposed to prepare it, but here it is...

UNOFFICIAL RELEASE: Mediafire.com

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

CHANGELOG

Hint:
* = Fixes.
- = Ideas not taken to effect yet.
!* = Applied ingame, but as rough drafts (non final product)
> = Noted for next version.
>> = Noted, but not for another two versions or more.

------------------------

PLANS FOR FUTURE VERSIONS:

------------------------
Global:
------------------------

* Auto Repairing now properly works.
* All AI were further updated and improved.

* Warhound and Reaver Titans that deal extreme damage to units underneath them no longer applies said damage.
* All Warhound Titan Stomp abilities now deals 50% more damage and deals critical morale damage to all squad types.
* Vehicle RAM!!! mode area affect radius decreased from 14m to 11m.
* All Legio Titanicus Turret modes were reverted to a Titan Stomp execution move similar to vehicle RAMMING!
* All Stomp Modes were given to all walker titans.
* Reaver Titan Mega Melta damage decreased by 50%. All modifiers are properly working as they should now.
* Transport reinforcing works differently now and is kind of fixed. Please see ingame.
* Production Inspiring Commander Choice addon now affects researches and properly works.

AI Changes ------------------------

------------------------
Chaos Marines:
------------------------
> New Unit: Chaos Warlord Titan (Legio Titanicus).
> New Unit: Warmonger Titan (Legio Titanicus).
* New Endgame Addon: The Great Ruinous Castle I
* New Endgame Addon: The Great Ruinous Castle II
* New Research: Titan Armor Research.
* New Research: Squad Size research 1+2.
* New Research: Vehicle Armor Upgrade
* New Research: A new special research.
* Lord of Change Greater Bolts of Change damage and area effect radius decreased by 25%.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Chaos Daemons:
------------------------

* All lesser daemons are now cheaper to reinforce.
* Blight Drones can now vault over terrain throughout the globe.
* Daemon Lord and Greater Daemon Prince can now cast Mini Warp Storms upon Commander: Level 8 research.
* Lord of Change Greater Bolts of Change damage and area effect radius decreased by 25%.
* Structure warpfire fx was removed due to major lag issues.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Dark Eldar:
------------------------
> New Unit: Agony Titan (Legio Titanicus).
* Reaper Shards damage decreased by 20%.
* Instigator Titan weapons no longer fire backwards.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Eldar:
------------------------

* Prism Shards damage decreased by 20%.
* Hornet brightlances now only fire forward and not off to the side.
* War Walker Brightlance damage decreased by 30%.
* Revenant Titan can now activate Gravity Boosters just like other vehicles.
* Warlock required build time increased from 3 to 7 seconds.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Imperial Guard:
------------------------

* Lucius Pattern Reaver and Cavalier weapons were changed up.
* Techpriest Enginseer health increased by 250hp. Damage increased by 20%.
* Mars Pattern Convoys no longer affects Mars Pattern Commands globally by increasing their production.
* General's Reaver Titan Arm Autocannon damage decreased by 40%.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Inquisition:
------------------------

> New Unit: Imperator Titan (Legio Titanicus).
* Grey Knight Terminator and Paladin damage against vehicles increased by 30%.
* Grey Knight Paladin morale increased by 50%.
* New Weapon Upgrade for both Warhound Titans: Emperor's Artifact: Rapid Fire Plasma Blast Gun.
* Bunkers are now equipped with one addon, Flaming Death for the Inquisition. Unlike the Sisters of Battle, Flaming Death addon is available earlier and grants health.
* Omnissiah Missile Launcher weapon damage decreased by 30%.
* Shrine To The Emperor researches now work and affect Grey Knights/vehicle units.
* Grand Master cost decreased by 2000/1000 req/power.
* Inquisition Tribunal cost decreased by 300/300 req/power.
* Troop researches are available later or are more expensive to get.
* Psycannon Bombard global ability damage decreased by 46%. Cost decreased from 800/800 to 700/700 req/power.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Necrons:
------------------------

> New Endgame Research/winbutton: Necronium Vortex.
> New Unit: Triolith (Legio Titanicus).
* All Monoliths now contain a new ability called RAM!!!
* Doomsday Monolith cost decreased from 5000 to 4000 power.
* Gauss Pylon cost decreased from 7000 to 6000 power.
* Plasma Generator limit per Obelisk was removed.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Orks:
------------------------
> New Unit: Mega Gargant (if exists) (Legio Titanicus).
* Ouchy Platform no longer requires 50 population and is available immediately upon the creation of Da Boyz Hut.
* Ouchy Platforms are cheaper to construct.
* Ouchy Platform addon requirement pop decreased from 90 to 55.
* Great Gargant no longer crashes the game.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Sisters of Battle:
------------------------

* Winbutton lag was drastically dropped and was slightly redone. There is no immediate impact upon using the winbutton anymore.
* The relic resource was changed up to where the required faith cost is equal to the relic points of the Sisters of Battle.
* Relic resource initial starting is 1,000 and is increased by 1,000 per relic tier research.
* Aura of Invincibility no longer affects structures.
* Auto Turret Defense addons for Bunkers no longer provides auto turret defense systems and only increases health. For now on, for squads to shoot bolters at enemy targets, they must be garrissoned unless flamers addon is built.
* Flamer defense systems addon for bunkers cost greatly increased and requires tier 3 now.
* Adepta Sororatis Bunker health decreased from 7000 to 6500hp. Cost increased by 10 requisition to build.
* Bunker Bolters range increased by 15 meters, making it slightly more useful compared to the flame addon.
* Capitol Imperialis is still unlimited, but constructing just 3 will make the fourth Imperialis take 30 minutes to produce.
* Capitol Imperialis can now produce units without the need of unloading its doors.
* Capitol Imperialis is now available within the army painter.
* Ordo Heritcus Inquisitor is located in the commanders slot of the army painter.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Space Marines:
------------------------

> New Unit: Warlord Titan (Legio Titanicus).
> New Unit: Imperator Titan (Legio Titanicus).
* Emperor's Armory sight radius greatly decreased.
* Deathwatch squad was renamed to "Legion of the Damned". Squad is no longer affected by morale.
* Legion of the Damned squad initial weapon loadout is now flame throwers.
* Legion of the Damned squad loadout decreased by half. Squad cap decreased from 4 to 2.
* Protocol Battlefleet Gothic winbutton research cost decreased from 45000/45000 to 30000/30000.
* Protocol Battlefleet Gothic will now reveal the map so you no longer need to upgrade your beacons.
* All Emperor's Artifact researches that affect titans, vehicles, and Space Marine infantry now requires the Emperor's Armory to be valid even after research is completed.
* Predator MKII Executioner Cannon fires faster and can now be upgraded.
* Assault Terminators are now affected by Emperor's Finest: Space Marines research.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Tau:
------------------------

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Tyranids:
------------------------
> New Unit: Tervigon
* Hierophant health decreaed from 35775hp to 30775hp as the gaunt health increment stacks way too much for Hierophants.
* Trygon health decreased from 14700 to 11700. Gaunt health modifiers stacks way too high for Trygons.
* Trygons now cost 1000 requisition from 1200.
* Zoanthrope invulnerability bug was fixed.

AI Changes-------------

--------------------------------------------------------|
Tech Trees (Visual Images Separate from mod): |

SCAR (Winconditions): |

* Legio Titanicus wincondition is properly fixed and will no longer spam ingame messages or cause sync errors.
* Inquisition Bunker is now an exception within the Annihilate wincondition.
* Restriction: Commanders now works.
* Orks are now affected by squad increase winconditions.

SCENARIOS: |

Edited by: Lord_Cylarne

Jun 30 2016 Anchor

Many thanks big time! This will make the game as polished as it's never been.

* All Warhound Titan Stomp abilities now deals 50% more damage and deals critical morale damage to all squad types.

Do you mean less damage? Because Space Marines warhound and reaver titans stomp damage is huge 1.87.2 and NEEDS fixing. So I hope you have decreased stomp damage and not increased?? Or you might be talking of something else?

> New Unit: Mega Gargant (if exists) (Legio Titanicus).

No , it doesn't exit.

> New Unit: Triolith (Legio Titanicus).

I know many players request the triolith but please don't implement the one whose model is really unfinished and looks like a HUGE chunk of block. (P.S Youtube.com ) The model is simply not finished.

Thanks for lowering

Edited by: dominikat

Jun 30 2016 Anchor

Space Marines warhound and reaver melee crush damage is huge. They should have fixed that but prolly forgot to point it out in changelog?

all in all nice changes!

Edited by: UAfan

Jun 30 2016 Anchor

Do you mean less damage? Because Space Marines warhound and reaver titans stomp damage is huge 1.87.2 and NEEDS fixing. So I hope you have decreased stomp damage and not increased?? Or you might be talking of something else?

Stomp ability. For Warhound.

I know many players request the triolith but please don't implement the one whose model is really unfinished and looks like a HUGE chunk of block. (P.S Youtube.com ) The model is simply not finished.

Unfortunately, it is that one. :\

and reaver melee crush damage is huge. They should have fixed that but prolly forgot to point it out in changelog?

Updated changelog.

Jun 30 2016 Anchor

Nvm.

Edited by: Chosen_of_Khorne88

Jun 30 2016 Anchor

Necron Triolith would be considered a placeholder like asking for a Tyranid Harridan and getting something ingame just for the interm. Its something at least but of course we'd all love to get more in but art devs for DoW1 need more love and affection (and the odd bribe too). >:]

Jun 30 2016 Anchor

Well then nice to hear space marine crush damage from titans is fixed.

Jun 30 2016 Anchor

> New Unit: Tervigon

That Tervigon unit is a class below the Hierophant as far as I know isn't it? It must be tough but it's the Hierophant which is Tyranids strongest unit.

Is it possible to allow Warlord titan and Imperator be in army painter too?

Edited by: djeronim

Jul 1 2016 Anchor

Can't we have the Triolith developed by Cosmocrat? It looks 250 times better? It's in his pics section you can check it out.

Jul 1 2016 Anchor

It's really nice that we see changelogs posted in advance. There is one thing I gotta say though

- I do appreciate the fact that there are new people to the forums and they share opinion about the mod but very often new players come out here and say

" Oh nooo nerf Grand Master or oh noo nerf this or that super unit" without even playing competitively or without knowing how to counter the unit. That's why I think the opinion of some players should be of higher value than that of others. How can you compare a player who's just lost his first game and has come to complain to a player who's been playing for years and even competitively . (VoidLight for example) Just saying that it might be a good idea to consider player experience when taking comments into consideration. :)

Jul 1 2016 Anchor
dominikat wrote:

" Oh nooo nerf Grand Master or oh noo nerf this or that super unit" without even playing competitively or without knowing how to counter the unit.

I do agree here. Most demi-god units are 100% fine. Now that Legio Titanicus is out most games are played on Legio titanicus rule. Which makes you ABLE to summon 10s of titans late game. Nothing beats many flying relic units like voidravens, vampire raiders or titans. Those units are strong at mid game or early late game but they are absolutely counterable late game.

Jul 1 2016 Anchor

Why lower the brightlance damage of war walkers? War walkers were already kind of weak and are obsoleted the second you get hornets, which are better in every possible way.

Jul 1 2016 Anchor

I'm not 100% sure but I think Eldar AI can still fire their superweapons even when it's restricted. Also can anyone confirm if the ShadowSeer can cast one of Elders superweapons?

I glad Daemons s got a level 8 hero ability I just hope it's more effective than the storm the Lord of change uses (because the hero lv8 upgrade is expensive) or atleast free to use and hace a similar cooldown like the lord of changes if its going to be around the same damage wise. Best case would for it to be slither less damage than the super weapon but just cover a much smaller area.

Jul 1 2016 Anchor

I glad Daemons s got a level 8 hero ability I just hope it's more effective than the storm the Lord of change uses (because the hero lv8 upgrade is expensive)

Oops. xD

Hey when I leave, consult that with Necronguy. ^^

@ Future Cylarne or Necronguy:

lybio Jun 4 2016 says:

2) Chief Librarian and Chaplain should equip teleporter, instead of jump pack because teleport doesn't have any delay.

3) Vanguard Veterans should equip jump pack, instead of teleporter, as they are advanced version of Assault Squad.

5) The Cult Marines(Khorne Berzerkers, Rubric Marines, Plague Marines, Noise Marines) should be available only when choosing the Chaos Gods.

12) Tomb Spyder should be changed into Canoptek Spyder.

14) Wraith should be changed into Canoptek Wraith. Also, Canoptek Wraith should capture points,

15) Player Switch button in Sandbox Mode should change its location to the bottom of menu bar.

16) Chosen Chaos Space Marine(the antithesis of Sternguard Veteran Squad) should be added.

18) Grand Lord of Chaos upgrade should be available from Sacrificial Circle, rather than being Wargear upgrade.

19) Description of Techmarine: Elite builder unit. Can construct structures 2x faster than Servitors.

20) Description of Hellsmith: Elite builder unit. Can construct structures 2x faster than Heretics.

21) Description of XV30 Heavy Builder: Elite builder unit. Can construct structures 2x faster than Earth Caste Builders.

22) Description of Almoness: Elite builder unit. Can construct structures 2x faster than Ecclesiarchal Servitors.

23) The description of Field Medic from Imperial Guard is duplicated.

24) Description of Bolter for Scout Marine Squad: Can slow down enemy infantries.

Jul 2 2016 Anchor

Nice changes!

Don't you think that Daemon army Vile sacrifice should be reduced a bit?

It now costs 1750 energy but grands + 600 relic income! It's simply too much I believe no? Imo I think it should go to 350-400 relic.

Edited by: djeronim

Jul 2 2016 Anchor

I can agree with that. Daemon army vile sacrifice might need a bit of reduction. But anyway I can go with it both ways.

Jul 3 2016 Anchor

May be possible nerf a little the Tyranid's Ravener??? It's seem very OP and it's released in game soon in the game. I played with IG vs Tyrs and I not fighting with them only surviving until the hordes of Tyrs destroyed me. Only a bit, please????

Jul 3 2016 Anchor

Raveners have like no real hp especially for their squad size and price per unit. They are more like glass cannons, but to be honest I haven't tested them this patch so idk.... they where always a major disappointment when I play as nids.

Jul 3 2016 Anchor

Version 1.87.3 is released unofficially. That means it is hard to install and you will later need to delete everything and reinstall upon later versions. This will also not work with non New Races of Ultimate Apocalypse mod. So you can only play this version with New Races involved.

INSTALLATION: Place all files into your DOW: SS directory. Overwrite. Extract all files from Ultimate_Apocalypse_Patch directory into your Ultimate_Apocalypse_THB directory. Overwrite.

You have been warned, this is an unofficial release, but contains the next fixes for previous version. This is being released now because I am on vacation, and Kairos decided to quit making the mod for the month while I'm gone for whatever reason. And so here it is, the next patch. Kairos was supposed to prepare it, but here it is...

A video will be made about it later today/tomorrow.

Jul 3 2016 Anchor

Long-awaited one ! Thanks many times!I already installed it and it's running flawlessly!

Jul 3 2016 Anchor
Lord_Cylarne wrote:

A video will be made about it later today/tomorrow.

Thanks, master. But, really, I wait the official version of the patch. Greetings

VoidLight wrote:

Raveners have like no real hp especially for their squad size and price per unit. They are more like glass cannons, but to be honest I haven't tested them this patch so idk.... they where always a major disappointment when I play as nids.

Well, I can say... indeed the Tyrs isn't my speciality but I decided play with Tyrs to see what about the Raveners because I think that are insane his attacks: remember, the Raveners use the teleport skill and when they unburrow do a splash damage, and when I played with them I noticed that can be dropped ingame, if I remember well, in the Tier 1, aren't expensive, do the splah damage and have an ability that create tunnels can create more Raveners, can introduce in the enemy base using the teleport ability and do a lot of damage (I never play with Tyrs before and I was playing vs SM an only with Raveners I can destroy many SM squads and tanks, and Turrets, I loose because they drop a new squad called Deathmatch or something like else) and when I play vs Tyrs try to destroy them using flamers or laserguns or whatever the IG can use in Tier 0 or !, don't receive great damage and my troops finally end all dead. Like I said before, I cannot combat only survive because trying contain the damage of the Tyrs in general consumed my resources and do me very very difficult to tech. Well, it's my opinion and I'm not and expert with Tyrs, but in formers versions I can deal with Tyrs and I noticed they are more strong now.

Jul 4 2016 Anchor

Ah, excellent. I knew we could count on you, Cylarne.

As for Kairos, his cowardice in the face of the enemy has been noted. Rest assured, he will not escape the Commissariat for long...

Catz_Rule
Catz_Rule Uhhh....
Jul 4 2016 Anchor

The Tau Empire has welcomed him with open arms Gue'la...The greater good shall triumph.

--

Ummm....

Jul 4 2016 Anchor
ralleo1980 wrote:

Well, I can say... indeed the Tyrs isn't my speciality but I decided play with Tyrs to see what about the Raveners because I think that are insane his attacks: remember, the Raveners use the teleport skill and when they unburrow do a splash damage, and when I played with them I noticed that can be dropped ingame, if I remember well, in the Tier 1, aren't expensive, do the splah damage and have an ability that create tunnels can create more Raveners, can introduce in the enemy base using the teleport ability and do a lot of damage (I never play with Tyrs before and I was playing vs SM an only with Raveners I can destroy many SM squads and tanks, and Turrets, I loose because they drop a new squad called Deathmatch or something like else) and when I play vs Tyrs try to destroy them using flamers or laserguns or whatever the IG can use in Tier 0 or !, don't receive great damage and my troops finally end all dead. Like I said before, I cannot combat only survive because trying contain the damage of the Tyrs in general consumed my resources and do me very very difficult to tech. Well, it's my opinion and I'm not and expert with Tyrs, but in formers versions I can deal with Tyrs and I noticed they are more strong now.

I don't think that they have changed or received any buffs that would make them OP, similar to the IDH storm troopers its the newly improved AI (an the bonuses they have) that could be the reason your losing. Units shouldn't be nerfed based on what the AI can do with them (but of course bugs like the SOB hunterkiller missile should be fixed/removed) especially if its for the sake of skirmish and non competitive gameplay.

Edited by: VoidLight

Jul 4 2016 Anchor

The AI SoB's Exorcist HK Missile exploit should not remotely cause you to lose games especially since a) Exorcists are built sometimes and NOT spammed, and b) the HK ability takes time to cool down and recharge. You have plenty of time to take one of your fliers and ace them if you wish. Mind you, the latest patch will fix that bug now.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.