The Ball's Grand Finals submission for the Make Something Unreal contest is set for release on November the 10th. We are well on track, and have entered beta 1 a few days ago. Beta 2 is set for Thursday or Friday.
This will be the final mod release of The Ball, and features two new levels. One new survival level, and one new campaign level. The campaign level offers about half an hour of gameplay in an all new environment, with an all new enemy, and a new approach on combat.
What we have is basically a big new enemy that cannot be killed by simply rolling the ball over him. You have to modify the ball first to make it more lethal. For example, you can attach landmines to the ball and while the ball rolls around the mines fall off, one by one, and you must try to make the Tlaloc walk over the mines. Another thing we have is Electricity. You can charge up the ball in a machine and if it comes close enough to some kind of ancient tesla coil device a deadly arch of electricity will form between the ball and the tesla coil. Our third new combat feature is to bake the ball in an oven. When it comes out of the oven it is glowing red, and burns everything it touches.
- Cahua I - An entire new level set in the depths of the volcano. The second last level!
- Tlaloc - A fierce new enemy. The guardian of the factory.
- Electricity and Mines - New gameplay. Charge the ball with electricity or attach mines to it.
- Survival Changes - A combo system and a brand new awesome level.
- And Much More - Ball control improved. New effects. Perfomance improvements. Skippable cutscenes!
Loads of new screenshot!
The environment meshes were made by Lukas Arvidsson. The level by Sklare, Daze, and Hourences. The survival level in this release is by Nelson. The Tlaloc (yes that big monster) was done by Elusive and animated by Whackzero. And all the programming to get all of this to work was performed by Markus Arvidsson. All music and sound design by Theodore Wohng