- Very strong defensively with mines and stealth.
- Lots of suicide attack options can cripple an enemy ahead of a main attack.
- With more stealthed units and less stealth detection in the game, NoD are more capable of surprising an enemy.
- They have huge power requirements to maintain stealthed bases.
- They have no repair abilities once they leave their bases.
- Stealth tanks can drop mines
- Various buildings and defenses can deploy mines around their perimeters.
- Beam cannons are stealthed when not firing.
- Engineers are stealthed when not moving.
- Nod bikes and scorpion tanks can self destruct.
- Disruption towers are stealthed but require a lot more power.
- Avatars can upgrade without having to commandeer.
- Scorpion dozer blades can allow scorpions to damage / crush smaller vehicles.
- Nod can build a decoy temple of nod
- Tiberium seed provides more seed (plus there's no cost to use it).
- New unit: Liquid Tiberium Truck.
- Confessors now use sniper rifles. These have 75% of the range and damage of the GDI snipers.
- Shadow Team special power now provides more units.
Added in 1.1;
- Vapor Bomb plane is now stealthed
- Commando much tougher
- Nod gained the repair drone special power
- Beam Cannons can now fire much greater distances when they combine with venoms and use the reflector ability
- Tiberium bomb trucks are now quicker, tougher and do more damage (especially against defensive structures), and are capped.
- The Catalyst missile reveals fog when it's fired
- Black hand are less resistant to machine gun fire
- Units now upgrade to lasers on a per unit basis using their unit menu.
- Changed defense turrets back to 3 per hub
- Obelisks are now more effective against Mammoths, Avatars and Tripods and much more effective against tier 1 and tier 2 units.
- Laser Turrets are less effective against Mammoths, Avatars and Tripods
- Shredder Turrets are more effective against infantry but less effective against ground vehicles
- New advanced power structure