We found that the GDI were somewhat lacking in the standard game. They had a slow economy, their air units were no match for the other factions, and they just lacked some fun elements. We believe the GDI is now a lot more fun to play as with these changes.
Posted by TalonH4wk on Jan 9th, 2009
- They are without doubt the strongest ground force.
- A well rounded faction that aren't seriously lacking in any area.
- With free special powers they have a lot of reinforcements available.
- Repairing on the front lines.
- They are the slowest faction so they can get caught out of position.
- GDI are more predictable than the other factions because they don't have any abilities such as stealth or portals.
- APC's have had mines replaced with an EMP spike to disable vehicles.
- Mammoths have repair drones.
- GDI are the only faction that can garrison their own buildings.
- Orcas have chainguns and reload missiles in flight without the need to return to the airfield except for repairs.
- Firehawks carry both AA missiles and AG missiles. The AA missiles auto reload but the AG missiles are only reloadable at the airfield.
- Battlebases are much stronger now and receive the railgun upgrade when it's researched.
- GDI can build a HAZMAT Disposal Facility. It provides money like a tiberium spike and acts as a silo.
- GDI Harvesters can now call for an airlift (this requires you to call the Ox transport as normal, then you have to tell the harvester to get in it)
- Rigs can call for an airlift
- Airlifts are free.
- Engineers can repair vehicles and structure. This allows you to create repair APC's, or keep bunkers repaired.
- Commandos are tougher but now have to use several charges to blow up enemy structures.
- Snipers are no longer revealed when they target for juggernaut strikes.
Added in 1.1;
- Orca chaingun bullets now showing
- Commando much tougher
- Zone trooper armor more effective now
- Units now upgrade on a per unit basis using their unit menu.
- Mammoths and Juggernauts now 25% slower
- HAZMAT Disposal Facility now provides more income.
- Grenadiers are less resistant to machine gun fire
- Sonic Emitters are now more effective against Mammoths, Avatars and Tripods and much more effective against tier 1 and tier 2 units.
- Guardian Cannons are less effective against Mammoths, Avatars and Tripods
- Watchtowers are more effective against infantry but less effective against ground vehicles.
- Juggernauts no longer shoot through cliffs / mountains - they require line of sight to fire
- Reinforcements (GDI Airbourne, Sniper drop, Bloodhounds) reticules are now smaller