If you haven’t played 2007’s most immersive and atmospheric shooter, or you’re back for replay, this mod is for you. This is the world of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. like you’ve never seen before, with updated graphics and added functionality that don’t change the original story or gameplay. The game hasn’t been changed beyond recognition, but rather enhanced while preserving the core elements that made it the unique experience it is.
Gameplay-Overhaul & Weapon-Add-On for COMPLETE MOD 2009 - English/Deutsch
In a nutshell: this is called the "Dual Edition" because when I reassembled the whole add-on, I realised that my tinkering with the all-file also changed some other stuff unintentionally. So I've decided to assemble two versions of the mod: the basic "Lite", which uses COMPLETE's unaltered all-file and for which I took the opportunity to set up a slightly easier gameplay difficulty - and an optional "Extreme" edition, which will do some things a little differently...
"LITE" EDITION FEATURES:
● Improved NPC's sight & mutant recognition
● TWiST3D's Revised Weapon HUD Placement
● Rebalanced NPC's loadouts by faction
● NPC's can buy and use better weapons
● Slot-1 Shotguns, SMG's & G'launchers
● Reduced ammo/item-finds on bodies
● Reworked traders stock and prices
● Reworked task- & mission-rewards
● Barak's Repair Kits Revamped Mod
● Traders have more stuff to sell
● No more auto-antirads/bandages
● Several new scope textures
● More firearms and food
● Rebalanced firearms
● Defendable bar-area
● Average gameplay-difficulty - for casual players
The basic "Lite" edition is the standard installation. It has been toned down a little regarding gameplay difficulty - there should be a noticable difference between difficulty levels, but it's still going to be harder than COMPLETE "ungearpacked". There are several, if only minor overall adjustments which, compared to the 2016 version, make for a more wholesome gameplay experience.
"ENHANCED" EDITION FEATURES:
● All of the above, and/or:
● Increased NPC's range/accuracy
● Increased mutant attack-damage
● Remixed and rebalanced armours
● Lowered carry-capacity
● More sidetasks set to auto
● New non-descript stashes at the NPP
● More gear to find outside of stashes
● More changes and additions best not spoiled here
● Higher gameplay-difficulty - for seasoned stalkers
The "Extreme", or, "Enhanced" edition, keeps the 2016 version's higher gameplay difficulty. NPC's are very accurate - "duck, find cover and peek around corners" will be crucial for survival - but the player won't get one-shotted that much anymore. While I wouldn't deem it extreme, it still is aimed at skilled and experienced players - an add-on for the add-on.
For more detailed infos and hints, please read the documentation provided in the download.
NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE: GP17_Update_17.09
● Slightly improves the inventory icon for the AK-104.
● Adjusts the G36's ironsight zoom factor to the overall standard value.
● Fixes the AK-9's ironsight alignment and allows it to be optionally equipped with a PK-A optic instead of a permanently mounted optic. The PK-A can be purchased from Petrenko.
● Makes the mutant hamsters (Tushkanos) adequately vulnerable to other mutants attacks.
No new game required.
If you haven't downloaded the main-mod yet, you don't need this update! The main-mod has been updated as well.
I M P O R T A N T :
▶ THE GEARPACK, as is, works properly only with the COMPLETE MOD 2009 v1.4.4 at its base!
▶ The COMPLETE MOD 2009 and THE GEARPACK require the STALKER SoC - Patch v1.0005!
▶ THE GEARPACK is not compatible with the Realistic Weapons Addon for Complete!
▶ Except for COMPLETE and some visual-enhancement-mods, THE GEARPACK is likely not compatible with any other mod!
▶ By default, 16:9 scope-textures will be installed. Optionally, 16:10 textures are now included as well. Installation's the same as the main-mod.
▶ THE GEARPACK could crash on STEAM/GoG versions of SoC. If that is the case, a patch version downgrade may be necessary - or you could try to find a DvD retail-version, and live happily everafter.
Both editions appear to be rock-solid; at least in my playtests I haven't experienced any mod-related crashes (there is one issue, see below), with mostly the usual freezes occurring from time to time. Of course, if I'll find anything to fix, I'll do that if I can.
MOST COMMON & PERSISTING GLITCHES/BUGS:
▶ Controller animation bug; crashes the game. Restarting the game and reloading the latest save won't help. Can be countered by either immediately killing the Controller or leaving the level (use teleport function, if necessary). Happens rarely.
▶ Controller sound bug; can happen if a Controller is nearby and not getting disposed of quickly enough and/or if a save was created while the roar can be heard. Won't crash the game, but the Controller sound will go on and on. Can be countered by leaving the level, or saving and quitting to desktop/restarting the game.
▶ Permanent rad-poisoning bug: happens mainly at the Red Forest level when trying to get to the RF/Pripyat levelchanger before deactivating the Scorcher. Don't do that.
▶ Kruglov bug: sometimes Prof. Kruglov will not move after talking to him at Rostok. Sometimes reloading a save will help, sometimes it won't. I recommend to create a named save at the Bar before entering the Rostok level the first time - in case this glitch occurs, the level can be restarted from the top.
▶ Sometimes seemingly unrelatable crashes occur. With all the stuff going on all around, the game seems to bite itself in the tail from time to time. After all, it's SoC...
There is one mod-related issue:
▶ The repair-kit menu can be opened by double-clicking the spareparts icon. Using that menu will result in a crash when a repair function is used. Unfortunately, I can't fix that, so always click the repair-kit icon (which you'd probably do anyway).
TRIED & TESTED with the DvD Retail-Version, on WIN7x64
Approved for almost all audiences