If you haven’t played 2007’s most immersive and atmospheric shooter, or you’re back for replay, this mod is for you. This is the world of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. like you’ve never seen before, with updated graphics and added functionality that don’t change the original story or gameplay. The game hasn’t been changed beyond recognition, but rather enhanced while preserving the core elements that made it the unique experience it is.
An alternative manual installation, use this if you are experiencing trouble with automatic installer.
Use this archive if you are having trouble with .exe installer. You'll need a program like WinRAR or 7-Zip in order to extract .7z files.
Make sure to patch the game before installing mod, otherwise you will see a black screen on startup. To check if your game is patched, see lower left corner of the main menu screen, it should say ver. 1.0005 (or 1.0006). If nothing is there, that means it's version 1.000.
Vista/Windows 7 users:
Due to issues with UAC and rights management, it is possible to have an incomplete installation of a mod, or older "ghost" leftovers of a mod after updating it, or even after removing it completely. Mod installations and removals can fail silently. Try to take the ownership of the STALKER installation directory if you install to default Program Files.
Install:1. In the main STALKER directory (by default it's "C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl", and for Steam users "Steam\SteamApps\Common\Stalker shadow of Chernobyl"), locate file "fsgame.ltx", open with Notepad and change both variables in this line to "true":$game_data$ = true | true | $fs_root$ | gamedata\
2. Copy "gamedata" folder from the SC2009 archive to main STALKER directory (the whole folder, not just its content).
3. In the "user.ltx" file make changes to these lines:
- XP users:
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\stalker-shoc\user.ltx"
- Vista/Win7 users:
- Steam users, follow the XP/ Vista/Win7 instructions, you have a dummy "user.ltx" in "_appdata_" that does absolutely nothing, make sure you find the correct "user.ltx" in folders specified above.
4. Install Weapon Scopes for your monitor (default 16:10):
Copy the files from the following directories according to your monitor's aspect ratio:
and paste to this directory overwriting all files:
1. Delete or rename "gamedata"
2. Delete "user.ltx" file to reset everything back to default, the game will create a new one.
For languages: Czech, Hispanic, French, German, Italian, Polish and Russian, please download the international patch, otherwise you game won't start: Moddb.com
- further improved stability and the mod's optimization
- updated weapon textures
- added new visual effects
- improved stability in some parts of the game
- added new sky, sun, wind, and particle effects, including atmospheric space objects
- added the ability to reset hostile status and join factions outside of the storyline
- fixed a bug where NPCs aim direction and weapon direction didn't align
- removed mirrored markings on scopes
- fixed a bug where the binoculars' sound alerted enemies
- fixed Sidorovich's "silent radio" bug
- balanced bar music volume
- added some new varied skins for novice Stalkers and Bandits
- improved the "green" night vision
- scientific suits with 90% rad protection now feature an anti-rad injection system
- bandages auto-apply at 10% health (optional)
- added the ability to shoot birds
- added comments to all vocal/guitar tracks for proper volume and radius
- added 19 new authentic music tracks by various artists (credited in ReadMe)
- disabled the ability to see what the secret stash holds on PDA map (was meant for testing)
- fixed low volume PDA radio messages
- enabled NPC counter on the minimap (optional)
- touched up Sidorvich's skin
- fixed Sleeping Bag camera spin (user.ltx)
- fixed shadow glitch (user.ltx)
- third-person view, press F1, F2 and F3 to cycle through camera views; numpad + or - to zoom in/out (check ReadMe Technical FAQ #20 to learn how to enable this feature manually)
- other tweaks
- enabled anomaly evasion for NPCs
- reduced torch light by 50% due to overexposure when pointed at walls
- added ability to sell armor and weapons to NPCs so they can use it
- NPCs can sell ammo
- touched up sky and weapon textures.
- increased scope waving
- increased difficulty on Master
- Smart Mod Manager compatibility
- one consolidated archive
- multiple bug fixes from user feedback
- natural dawn (less purple)
- new water shaders
- flipped scopes
- optimized night sky textures
- includes incremental patch by Steel
- fixed Screw repair dialog