The countdown to v1.8 officially launching has started. I've completed everything I really wanted to in this version, so the rest is up to you. Except for a few minor changes (compatibility with external texture packs, mostly) BETA #7 is everything I want v1.8 FINAL to be, barring any bugs you come across of course.
As per usual, a brief summary of what's new in this version:
- Full support for optional skins for the Magnum, RoF mod, and others, which will be part of a separate download. With massive thanks to Sgt. Kelly for making them.
- New methods for adding custom text to datacubes, books, news terminals, and so on. I have made use of this new code already, just so you know.
- A few working phones! (As in you get a dial tone and a keypad to enter a phone number on)
- NPCs given non-standard ammo by NPC Random Inventory will use it in their weapons if they can. Watch out for NPCs with flare darts; those things HURT.
- A new unique ammo type for the various shotguns: Dragon's Breath Shells. (AmmoDragon for those wanting to use the summon cheat)
- The Light augmentation is now upgradeable. Upgrades improve the distance the light beam will travel as well as the ambient light glow present around the player.
- Fixed the lack of music in the final Hell's Kitchen map. (a Game of the Year version glitch)
- You can now pick up Datacubes/etc. once you have read them. Just click "use" on the item again while the text window is active.
- Fixed the "lock-pick then pause" exploit (and related) completely. All things which require time to elapse will not continue counting down while the game is paused.
- Weapons loaded with 10mm Explosive ammo will now show the proper damage amount in the info window. Take a look sometime; it's pretty damn impressive.
The download for the latest beta can be found here: Savefile.com. You should also check my Savefile Project Folder later, as I may upload an early version of the optional texture support pack sometime today.
-- The Shifter Tieam
UPDATE: BETA #8 is out after fixing some quickly-reported bugs. There is one bug I know of in it which can be ignored: no delay on the recharge time on repair bots. Report any other bugs to me.
UPDATEx2: BETA #9 is out. A few more bugfixes and a couple of minor adjustments per user feedback. Test it and let me know what's what.