Deus Ex is one of the best PC games in history, but even it isn't without its faults and shortcomings. Shifter addresses these and then some. Unused game content, buggy scripted events, several completely useless items, and certain design choices that can only be described as "annoying", all fixed (or at least "improved") by this little mod. I started Shifter in 2002 to fix just one of the latter -- the fact that weapons equipped with a laser sight won't turn it on automatically -- and the project has expanded exponentially since then. A few new weapons, some additional uses for existing items, new augmentations, and several fixes for existing Deus Ex bugs all exist in Shifter, along with a new multiplayer component. The mod is so popular it's been featured in Game Informer's July 2007 edition of Mod World; how many Deus Ex mods can say that? (only 3, to be specific) Shifter: "Removing the suck from Deus Ex" since 2002.
Great fix for Deus Ex!
Just finished playthrough on realistic and there are several features from Shifter which I was very happy about:
- Power Recirculator: automatic on-off is the cooles feature of the Shifter mod. I always thought that managing augmentation power drain sucks.
- Stealth Pistol: Increased the rate of fire and damage by a slight amount (made me actually use Silenced pistol, because in original it just has too low damage).
- Laser Sight Mod (much better than original)
And also nice things:
- Weapon Accuracy,
- Scope fix
- PS20 improvement
- Assault Rifle: Increased the amount of 7.62 ammo you pick up from
corpses. (8-12 rounds, up from 1-4)
- NPC Inventory
- skill points for small things
- Augmentation Cannisters
thanks for great work!
I'm really loving Shifter's additions to Deus EX. I played a while without Shifter than started a new game with this mod installed and the difference has been extremely rewarding. Shifter is a fantastic option for anyone thinking about a Deus Ex play through.