Welcome to Shafts ModDB page. We hope you enjoy what this Beta based mod has to offer.
Aww man get hyped. I love the view tilt.
Hype train not enough
I have been keeping track of half life mods for about 5 years and always expected some day people will make a remake of the half life beta as a mod, but all those mods died, it looks like this is the only one that will be released :D great job guys
I saw GMan, do I win the I Spy game?
So I have a couple of questions about this mod:
1) Will the Blocky Particles Be added (Bullet Tracers, Blood Particles, Bullet Impact, etc.)
2) Will we be using the regular HL1 Campaign, Alpha Campaign, Mixed, or Both?
3) Is there anyway you can modify the graphical settings for the mod so that it has the same Nintendo DS/PS1 Feel or will they be the default graphics options?
4) Will objects that are blocking the way be openable like in the Alpha 0.52 Demo (Move Vents Open, Push Certain Machines Aside, etc)
5) Will the Alpha Enemies make appearences (Heavy Grunt, Panther Eye, Mr. Friendly, Etc.)
6) And Finally just as a wow this is almost exactly like the real thing itself, will all the sound effects be drenched in huge amounts of static? (I was joking with this one but if you did I wouldn't be upset.)
Thanks for the Awesome mod and I really hope that you continue to work on this!
Let's see if I can answer all these.
1.Bullet tracers are on all guns now. The glock is still a bit on the wonky side so bullets holes on entities, and tracers, and muzzleflash don't work still.
2.We are using our own maps that mix the alpha areas in with beta areas in with ones we don't have imformation on other than concepts.
3. Not certain what you are asking. Anyway to clarify it?
4. Never thought about it, but we very well could :)
5. Yes to all of those listed.
6. Well of course haha!!
Thanks for the comment! Always happy to answer questions within reason.
I was talking about the graphical configurations for number 3 but I just played the alpha and it all depends on the graphics card used so that one is answered. Thanks for the speedy reply and good luck with the mod!
I have 2 questions (one smaller than the other).
What video renders will Shaft support?
And the smaller one, did you find a way to make the battery deplete from right to left instead of up-down? Someone suggested to look at flashlight's code, was that useful?
Fantastic. It's so nice to see how the old HL would've looked like, and this looks pretty authentic. However I noticed an issue with the pistol. The muzzleflash is not working.
You are not logged in, your comment will be anonymous unless you join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) which we encourage all contributors to do.
2000 characters limit; HTML formatting and smileys are not supported - text only
Here's that gameplay video I promised you about 2 months ago.