We have opened a sign up area on our website for group testing this friday evening from 8-11pm (gmt-4)
After the failed partial terraforming of mars. The mars based government retreated back to earth leaving the mars colonies in ruin.
A quick collapse of the various colonial settlements left only the remaining martian military to clean up the mess. Large earth based mining
conglomerates quickly moved in to fill the security void with contracted armies intent on protecting mineral and metal extraction operations
with little regard for the remaining colonist.
Toshida corps, the largest of these companies, now controls nearly all of the mining operations on mars. Toshida corps lets the martian miltiary maintain
complete control in the prime colonies in exchange. A mutual understanding of non agression has become norm between the Military and the corporate armies.
All has been peaceful for nearly 10 years on mars.
Yet, another faction exists on mars. It seems some of the engineers who worked on the original terraforming operations have gone into hiding in the fringe
areas of colonized mars. This group is popularly known as "The Masons" after a earth based organization of the same name.
Sightings of these rogue engineers has become more frequent in the past several months. Some of Toshida corp's outlying mining stations have come under attack
by small raiding parties. these attacks have been limited but increasing in frequency. They seem to be mainly after supplies and retreat quickly without doing much
damage to the operations themselves.
Still, shareholders on earth are worried. Toshida corps has decided to make a limited offensive in an effort to discourage further attacks.
The martian Military has been strangely quiet regarding the incidents and has declined comment on official martian news nets..
this is where we find ourself.
1. 2 ships in game on a test map (4-6 weeks)
2. 1 ship for each faction and 2 finished maps (2-3 months)
3. 2ships for each faction, Menu graphics, 3 finished maps (4-5months)
4. 3ships for each faction, 6 maps (final stage)(6-8months)
Gameplay objectives: Single player craft based combat. fast short rounds. Intense combat
vehicles will be light/medium armed. Team work will be heavily focused on when balancing the gameplay
This will be a very light project asset wise. No player models, no hand held weapons
Only 9 vehicles planned and statics will be minimal. basically terrain based combat with large scale statics used as fighting locations.
all combat will be in small singleman combact craft known as "flitters". They will be hybrid hover/flight vehicles using nearly conventional weapons. Flight dynamics have already been created. This template will be applied to each vehicle and tweaked according to the indivdual models characteristic.
Long term considering moving the project to another engine at a later stage if its a good concept
Hey. Just a quick hello to everyone.
In the next 2 weeks or so I want to get all of our content up here and start producing some high quality images for your viewing pleasure.
Here is a quick and dirty feature list.
- 8 vs 8 vehicle based team combat: Player used customized "flitters" to form teams of salvagers fighting others teams both inside and outside the ruined remians of the martian landscape.
- Customized vehicle loadouts and a variety of vehicle classes and designs give players the ability to customize their armies. Earn salvage credits, gain weapons, custom ammo and systems upgrades.
- "Offworld" spawning system will eliminate spawn camping and create a more balanced and fluid spawn dynamic
- Large martian terrains with as much sub surface play areas as above the ground. tactics will shift to fit environments and teamwork will be the primary avenue of success.
- Interactive features of the environment will allow players to dock their "flitters" to additional structures and gain control of thing like manned flak turrets, security systems, cranes / conveyer belts, slavage rigs, repair rigs and possibly more!
And in a blast from the past I dug up some old images and videos of the first Offworld: Fall of Mars from the bf2 engine.
Our 2 manned Tempest Flitter with rocket pods. MGs and second player gattling cannon.. never was too accurate in bf2 engine..but tons of fun!
One of our original levels. Based on a large extinct volcanoe crater. I'll be recreating some of these envirnments for the new project.
Ioina Chaos; a very choatic shattered landscape. was great fun for hiding and divebombing ussuspecting ground vehicles.
Thanks for your time guys. Keep in touch!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post download and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.