Return to the magical Island of Vvardenfell once more in this huge overhaul, Morrowind Rebirth. Find new enemies to fight, new exciting areas to explore, access new weapons and a brave new world to explore. Whatever you do, you'll be sure to find something new and interesting in nearly every corner of Vvardenfell.
Trancemaster and Fulgore presents Morrowind Rebirth 2.5! It's been a long time since the last update, but I'm sure you guys will feel that it's been worth the wait! Here down below are a "few" of the changes you can expect to see in 2.5. Since I'm very bad at keeping notes, you'll just have to live with that short list, I'm sure things will shine through as you play the mod. As always, let me know if there's any issues with this version and enjoy!
Posted by trancemaster_1988 on Nov 5th, 2013
I recommend everyone to start a new game with this version, there's just too much that can go wrong if you use an old save
* Netch Bull/Betty will now be displayed as "Ranched Bull/Betty" or "Wild Bull/Betty" depending where they are in the gameworld. This should make it a lot easier for the player to avoid the "wild" ones carrying disease.
* Some "topics" have been altered to fit with the changes done in Morrowind Rebirth. Topic "Mages Guild" will for example mention the new Mages Guild in Pelagiad.
* Adjusted the amount of gold you get from the "Mournhold Museum" when selling your artifacts. It's now based on the new values in Morrowind Rebirth.
* The activator "in_velothi_platform_shishi" had a duplicate in Seyda Neen, making it impossible to finish the Telvanni quest: "Shishi".
* Removed a duplicate of "Balyn Omarel's House" in Balmora. This to ensure that it won't break the quest: "Mephala's Quest".
* Increased the walking speed for the "Rockcrab", making it able to attack the player more effectivly if needed.
* "Hlaalu Alchemist", "Hlaalu Plaza" didn't close his shop during the night, like all the other shops do.
* The door to "Surane Leorianes House" in Caldera, were locked, but it shouldn't be.
* "Wolf Shield" had "call wolf" as constant effect, instead of "Cast when used".
* Clicking "Soot-Scale's" banner in "Ald-ruhn" will no longer give you a bounty.
- Changed name from "Wolf Shield" to "Ward of Solstheim".
* Included two missing meshes for "Cyrodiil" and "Empire map"
* Adamantium Dagger were misspelled as "Poisonous Adamantium Dagger".
* Increased the spacing between "potion effect" and "potion quality".
* Stats for "Anareren's Devil Tanto" now matches the "Devil Tanto".
* Included a missing mesh for the "Indoril Greaves".
* Removed duplicate doors that were causing issues.
* Deleted extra space between "Frost" and "Atronach" from the following entries: "atronach_frost_bs", "atronach_frost_bs00", and "atronach_frost_dead".
* Included a fix from "Gez", correcting a bad animation loop (causing a horrible noise) for the "Hunger".
* Included fixed kf-meshes by "EJ-12", to restore rat attack sound and slaughterfish sounds.
* Some NPC's in "Hlormaren, Underground" were set as friendly, but they should be hostile.
* Corrected several flora topics that gave the player the wrong information.
* "Andilu Drothan", "Vivec Foreign Quarter", will no longer sell "Skooma".
* "Apprentice's Mortar & Pestle" had the wrong icon and mesh.
* "Heifnir", "Dagon Fel", will no longer sell "Moon-Sugar".
* The "Shalk" had the wrong "Scream" sound assigned to it.
* "Rerlas" scrib and rat didn't drop any ingredients.
* Activator "Sound_pipebreak" used the wrong script.
* Corrected some issues with creature level-lists.
* Another thousand (more or less) floaters fixed.
* "Gravetar" had the wrong mesh and icon.
- And another 100 misc fixes that I don't care to add here..you wanna play not read, right?
* Major landscape changes all around the island. Fixing seams, vertex shading, floaters, bleeders etc.
* Improved several areas in cities (Balmora, Vos, Suran, Ebonheart, Seyda Neen, Gnisis).
* Sadrith Mora Lighthouse + docks. Thanks to "Colt17" for the Lighthouse model.
* Vos Lighthouse. Thanks to "Colt17" for the Lighthouse model.
* Renius Outpost, by "Fulgore".
- "Somewhere in the Ascadian Isles, not too far from Pelagiad, on a hill overlooking Lake Amaya, there's an old small keep known as 'Outpost Renius'. Some months ago all contact was broken with the troops garrisoned there, a patrol was dispatched to check the situation. Everyone, from the pettiest prisoner to the highest ranking official, was found dead. After hearing sinister voices and steps, the place was sealed and abandoned. Do you have what it takes to venture inside and discover what happened to the people in there? Bring some torches with you if you want to explore the place and discover the lost Phnem Ancestral Tomb, one of the oldest and biggest tombs in Vvardenfell."
* "Balmora, Commercial District"
Six, yes six new shops located in the new redesigned commercial district in Balmora. By the courtesy of "Fulgore".
- Andrades's Tradehouse
- Dunmer Delicacies
- The Scribbled Scroll
- Tolmse Samori: Cheap Clothier
- Tralen: Weaponsmith
- Debent Carili: Alchemist
* Reduced the amount of statics near Dren Plantation, this due to some issues with lag.
* "Wall of Cyrodiil". A new unique tower shield.
* New model for "Imperial Captain's Helmet".
* Iron Crossbow
* You will now need to reach a skill of 50 (light/medium or heavy) to recive the full AR value from armors.
* Adjusted loot-leveled-lists so they will be more varied. Also fixed some small vanilla related issues.
* Repair is now more expensive, additionally you will have a harder time to repair items on your own.
* You will now get 1/10 of the value from artifacts when selling them to the Mournhold Museum.
* Reduced the chances for Bonemeal to drop. From 0 % chance none, to % 25 none.
* Tweaked a lot of spells that had either too high or too low magica-cost.
* The duration for player made potions have been reduced by 33 %.
* Adjusted enchantment points for all clothing items:
- Robes are now "top tier" along with rings and amulets, like it should have been.
- "Common clothing" will have higher enchantment points than previously.
- "Expensive clothes" will have x 2 points compared to "Common clothes".
- "Extravagant clothes"" will have x 2 points compared to "Expensive clothes".
- "Exquisite clothes" will have x 2 points compared to "Extravagant clothes".
* All scrolls have been rebalanced, value/effect.
* Reduced the amount of loot found in containers.
* Ash Vampires are now much stronger.
- Added resistances to fire, frost and shock, immune to poison.
- Buffed health and damage
* "Cure"-potions cost from 30 to 50.
* Skooma value from 250 to 200.
* Nordic Broad Sword/Claymore both had gaps in their meshes. Fixed meshes by "Alaisiagae".
* All trees + some bushes (leaves) and flora are now animated and will sway in the wind.
* Removed the "multicolored" and unnecessary second handle on Telvanni interior doors.
* Golden Saints will have feminine walk instead of the default male one.
* Removed brown vertex shading from the grave-stones found in Pelagiad.
* Included a fix for the misscolored armor pieces in the Ebony set.
* Removed green vertex shading on dwemer ruin exterior pieces.
* "On The Rocks - Bitter Coast" has been implemented.
* Included a fix for the missing ring textures.
* All "practice dummies" will now be animated.
* Gold will now look like, you know.. gold?
* Improved/fixed mesh/meshes for (I didn't make these):
- Templar/Glass helmet (now fit orc heads)
- Comberry ingredient
- Nordic Mail Pauldron
- Oriental weapons
- Dwemer Crossbow
- Daedric War Axe
- Dwemer weapons
- Steel Crossbow
- Iron weapons
- Dwemer armor
* Removed a few files from the archive.
* Morag Tong gauntless doesn't display properly in first person.
* There's no inventory icon for the Iron Crossbow.