Return to the magical Island of Vvardenfell once more in this huge overhaul, Morrowind Rebirth. Find new enemies to fight, exciting areas to explore, gain access to new weapons to slay your foes or just roam the huge world that's out there. Whatever you do, you'll be sure to find something new and interesting in nearly every corner of the gameworld. Rebirth is close..don't miss it.
A very messy changelog with a lot of the changes missing, I guess it's better than nothing, right? I will continue to update and improve it as time goes by.
Posted by trancemaster_1988 on May 10th, 2013
* Gave the Imperial Guards in Gnisis Imperial Broadswords instead of Imperial shortswords. This due to thier low skill in using shortswords.
* Added Centurion Archers to Vvardenfell's ruins.
* Guild chest added to Caldera Mages Guild.
* Added faction & rank to Imperial Archers
* Added missing attacksound to Ascended Sleepers.
* Some creature spawns have been relocated to avoid clipping issues.
* Removed the shield from Hlaalu Sharpshooters.
* Imperial Studded Leather/Imperial Silver Cuirass/Imperial Dragonscale Cuirass now counts as an Legion Uniforms'.
* Changed the name of "silver_staff_dawn_uniq". This staff's real name is Staff of the Silver Dawn, though it appears as Silver Staff in the game, corrected.
* Changed the name of "silver spear_uvenim". This staff's real name is Uvenim's Silver Spear, though it appears as Silver SPear in the game, corrected.
* In 'The Plan To Defeat Dagoth Ur' (bk_vivecs_plan), the line that reads "A mortal Kagrenac may then be destroyed by mundane means"
should read Dagoth Ur instead of Kagrenac. Thanks to Lendrik for noticing this issue.
* A door in the Balmora Council Club were replaced by "in_hlaalu_door" instead of "rent_balmora_council_door".
* A load of Silver Weapons weren't properly marked as ”Silver Weapons.
* Skaal Guards' will now wear Nordic Shields.
* Draugr now counts as undead, not as creatures.
* Redoran Guards (female), will now greet you properly.
* Ebony/Daedric Towershields are now both heavier (5 ibs) and have a slightly higer AR (+5) then their regualar counterparts.
* The Ten Pace Boots are now considered as "Light" instead of "Heavy".
* Blessed Tower Shield now uses the correct "bodypart"
* Fixed some inconsistancies with the Bonemold armors.(Bonemold AR 15, Armun-An Bonemold AR 16, Gah-Julan Bonemold AR 17)
* Most NPC's in the Imperial Guard Garrison, Ebonheart didn't had any weapons to fight with, or they used the wrong type of weapon compared to their assigned class.
* All House Dagoth members now have a random chance to drop ash salts.
* The smoke from the chimneys at Ghorak mansion in Caldera were misaligned.
* Auriel's Bow & Shield now have an enchantment based on Daggerfall lore.
* "Borwen", removed faction: "Ashlanders".
* "Shat gro-Shazog" & "Orbul gra-Lumob" have been given weapons to fight with.
* "Gulfim gra-Borbul" in Gorak Manor had no pants.
* "Rulfim gra-Ogdub", a prisoner in Buckmooth Legion fort had no clothes.
* Sirollus Saccus were supposed to provide training options, now he does.
* Black Arrow, Volume 1 -> Black Arrow, Volume I
* misc_dwrv_artifact30, weight 0.01 > 0.10.
* Horned Lily will now respawn.
* Holly Bush will now respawn.
* Changed Cell name (-6,17): “Ashlands Region” to “Druscashti”.
* "Gah julan" and "Teegla" are now wearing slave bracers.
* Removed "auto-calculate" from "Ungeleb" in Mournhold, Magic Shop.
* Scroll Of Element Frost/Fire had wrong font size, corrected to "2".
* Several NPC's in Pelagiad had no AI package.
* Removed auto-calculate from Sjoring Hard-Heart since it messed up his stats.
* "Dul gro-Dush" in Gnisis, class warrior > guard.
* "Yakov" (the Altmer slave in the Suran Slave Market) didn't have a slave script attached.
* "Staada", a golden saint encounter were improperly set as a creature instead of daedra. Also marked "corpse persist".
* Removed soul value from all Spider Centurions.
* "Lich Barilzar" had a soul value of 30, which didn't seem right since he's such a powerful foe. 300 seem like a more reasonable number.
* Spiggans now have a chance to drop Geartwood.
* Netch_Giant_UNIQUE, scale 1.0 > 1.2.
* Added missing spells/ingredients/abilities to several creatures.
* Adamantium pauldron, enchantment 100 -> 30.
* Iron Cuirass, health 2000 > 200.
* Heavy leather boots, AR 50 > 5. Health 500 > 50. Value 100 > 10.
* Netch Leather Tower Shield, AR 5 > 6 / health 100 > 120.
* Corrected a few weapons that used the wrong enchantment.
* Stendars Hammer, damage 100 > 160.
* King's Oath , fire damage self > touch.
* Hackle-Lo Leaf, value 30 > 3.
* Adamantium Ore, weight 50 > 5.
* Exclusive Frost Shield Potion, duration 30 > 60.
* Spoiled SlowFall Potion, slowfall magnitude 1 > 10.
* Fixed an enchantment error with the Ring of Equity where the player wouldn't be able to take use of the rings powers.
* Variner's Ring, weight 1 > 0.10.
* Expensive shirt Mournhold, value 1 > 15.
* Necromancers Amulet, value 240 > 2400.
* Heartfang, value 120 > 1200.
* Ten-Tongues Weerhat (Mournhold) will no longer sell "exquisite_shirt_01_rasha", which were a quest item.
* You will now be able to talk to the Ash Vampires (as intended by Beth) before you face them in battle.
* Her Hand's Shield had diffrent AR value than the rest of the set, corrected.
* Royal Guard boots and greaves had diffrent AR value than the rest of the set, corrected.
* Dwemer Coherer is no longer sold at Mebestiana Encke's shop.
* "Brallion's Exquisite Ring" value 40 > 240 to match the rest of the exquisite rings.
* Corrected and balanced several weapon enchantments.
Normal Flame/Shard/Viper/Spark Enchantment: 1-4 damage > Iron Weapons
Cruel Flame/Shard/Viper/Spark Enchantment: 2-8 damage > Steel Weapons
Dire Flame/Shard/Viper/Spark Enchantment: 4-10 damage > Silver Weapons
Wild Flame/Shard/Viper/Spark Enchantment: 6-12 dmage > "Wild" Weapons
* Fixed an enchantment error with the "Crosier of St. Llothis". In vanilla game this weapon's enchantment would hurt the player instead of the enemy.
* Indaren Ancestral Tomb is occupied by Daedra, but should be occupied by undead according to a note found on the dead body of Tyronius, (sc_Tyronius).
* Fixed a few chests that had 0 locks, thus making them impossible to open.
* Changed the name of "Long bow" to "Longbow".
* Redoran Guards now wear a Redoran Shield & Katana.
* Sorkvild the Raven will now actually wear the Masque of Clavicus Vile in battle.
* The "Chiding Cuirass" held no charge, so it was impossible to use the enchantment.
* Dorisa Darvel were supposed to have books about the Nerevarine, but she didn't.
* Dagoth Endus had no sounds associated to him.
* The Nord Leg had a missing enchantment.
* "Ex_co_ship_trapdoorb" in Frostmoth docks have been replaced with "Act_Ex_DE_ship_trapdoor". "Ex_co_ship_trapdoorb" is scripted colony door and a part of Bloodmoon's mainquest.
* "chargen_plank" is duplicated in Frostmoth, so when the script "CharGenClassNPC" runs, "chargen_plank" is randomly removed from either Seyda Neen or Fort Frostmoth docks.
* The "Five Fingers of Pain" spell used to "damage health". I've changed this to "drain health".
* Gondolier's Helm were changed from ”Medium Armor” to ”Light Armor”.
* goblin_shield_durgok_uni were incorrectly named "Goblin Shield", when it should have been "Durgok's Shield".
* Mornsu Omalor, a Dark Elf in the cave of Nammu carried 12 (!) bows, but only one arrow.
* Dolmesa Sarano, a Dark Elf in "Halit Mine" were incorrectly set as hostile.
* Zallit Assattadaishah, a Dark Elf at the Ghostgate should be an "Ashlander".
* Removed the smoke from Gorak Manor, there's no active fire inside.
* Removed several chimneys' in Pelagiad, some houses had no fireplaces.
* Changed the name of the small "Drum" to "Guarskin Drum" to fit with the other, larger drum.
* Some pieces of the Imperial Chain Armor set had the wrong AR value, fixed from 20 > 12.
* The Imperial Chain Armor Pauldrons had the wrong weight which made them count as "Heavy Armor".
* The Mace of Slurring didn't have "Igonores Normal Weapon Resistance" checked in the CS.
* Karpal's Friend didn't have "Igonores Normal Weapon Resistance" checked in the CS.
* Sword of Agustas didn't have "Igonores Normal Weapon Resistance" checked in the CS.
* Wind of Ahaz didn't have "Igonores Normal Weapon Resistance" checked in the CS.
* Removed Daedras' from "Kogoruhn" and replaced them with 6.th house encounters.
* Removed the shield from High Fane Ordinators, since they wield claymores.
* A few containers that should only hold clothes had gold in them.
* Steel Fire/Storm/Frost/Poison-sword used the wrong enchantments.
* A stair in Ald-Ruhn, Guild of Mages were missplaced.
* The Adamantium Axe were misspelled as "Admantium".
* Large Dwemer Goblet were misspelled as "Dewmer".
* The Slavepods in Sadrith Mora wasn't locked.
* Added a shrine to Molag Mar, Temple.
* Moved a lamp at the Redoran Smith, Vivec. Sometimes the player would get stuck in it upon entry.
* Sorkvild the Raven's body will now persist, as he's the bearer of the Mask of Clavicus Vile
* Fixed a travel-marker in Sadrith Mora that leaves you stuck.
* One centurion spider used the wrong blood texture - "Red", instead of "Gold". Also removed its soul value.
* Adjusted a travel-marker in Murberius Harmevus's House that sometimes leave the player stuck.
* One centurion spider used the wrong blood texture - "Red", instead of "Gold". Also removed its soul value.
* Adjusted a travel-marker in Murberius Harmevus's House that sometimes leave the player stuck.
"Draugr" and "draugr_co_3" didnt have the proper spells and immunities.
* Junal-Lei in Pelagiad had no AI-package.
* Angoril in Pelagiad had no AI-package.
* Madres Navur in Pelagiad had no AI-package.
* "Bound_Helmet" changed to "Bound Helmet"
* Many creatures have been buffed, especially Daedras, to make the game a greater challange for high level characters.
* All blighted creatures now have unique textures. This will make them easy to spot and avoid if necessary. Thanks to ”PeterBitt”!
* Removed "Resist Magica 50 %" and "Resist Paralysis" from "Plague Bear" and "Plague Wolf".
* Removed "Weakness to Fire 50 %" from "Snow Bear" and "Snow Wolf". Replaced it with "Resist Frost 75 %.
* Some significant changes to Atronachs.
- Storm Atronach's will use "Skeleton" blood textures instead of "Red" blood textures.
- Fire and Frost Atronach's will now use Fire/Frost Shields, just as the Storm Atronach's uses "Shock Shield".
- Removed "Reflect 20" from all Atronachs'.
- Atronachs' now glow in the dark.
* Removed ingredients from summoned creatures.
* "Riekling Raiders" & "Tusked Bristlebacks" are no longer immune to Paralysis.
* "Riekling Raiders" now have the combined immunities and damage from the "Tusked Bristlebacks" and "Rieklings".
* Made some changes to regular creatures, diseased and blighted ones.
- Diseased: Same stats as regular creatures, but are still annoying due to thier disease.
- Blighted: Double damage as regular creatures, plus double health bonus.
* "Bonewolf" and "Bonewolf Summon" had diffrent stats.
* Skeleton Archers will carry 30 arrows instead of 60.
* Kwama Warriors now use thier ability: "Kwama Poison".
* Alit's now use their ability "Alit Bite".
* Elemental shields were supposed to deal damage to creatures that hit you in melee combat, now they do.
* Players minspeed is now a bit faster at lvl 1. Also reduced the maxspeed so the player can't run super-fast at higer levels.
* 50 % higher chance to catch a disease by diseased creatures.
* Increased the speed of thrown weapons and projectiles by 50 %.
* 20% less chance to be knocked down during fights.
* Increased the amount of damage you take while suffocating from 3 to 5 damage each second.
* Arrows and throwing weapons will travel faster, thus making them harder to dodge.
* NPC's will have much lower disp if you have your weapon drawn during conversations. (-15 points)
* Traders will be more suscpicious to you. You need a high personalty rating to get better prices.
* Your disposition will be harder to raise through bribing NPC's.
* NPC's won't greet you from a distance. You will now have to stand close to them.
* Doubled the amount of money you have to pay for committing a crime.
* 50 % chance to recover projectiles from bodies (arrows, bolts etc). (From 25 %.)
* You will no longer be able to survive jumping of buildings or cliffs.
* Guild cheasts will respawn monthly (From 3 m)
* Vendors will resupply thier stash of gold every 72 hours. (From 24 h)
* Training is more costly. (2x vanilla)
* 25 % harder to pick locks.
* Running will now drain 0.5 points less each second while running.
* Enchanted items recharge 50 % slower
* NPC's magica-pool will be a big larger so they actually will be able to throw the high level spells in their spell-list.
* It's now more costly to remove your bounty through the Thieves Guild Services.
* It's now harder to pick locks and disarm traps, some traps are also more deadly.
* You will now need Hospitality Papers to receive any services in Sadrith Mora from the Telvanni
* You will now need a Muckshovel to "harvest" muck.
* You will now need a Minerspick to get glass, ebony & adamantium
* Now it will snow in the Hirstaang Forest (20% chance).
* You will now encounter Frost Atronachs' in Solstheim, Durzogs' in the West Gash, Centurion Archers in Dwemer Ruins and Liches In tombs
* New Imperial Travel Agents that will take you to various destinations around the Island.
* Shops & some other places will close nighttime between 8 pm/8 am.
* I've renamed the potions to make them stack better, it's now way easier to find that specific potion in the heat of battle.
- Common potions: Potion of/Name/Quality,
Example:(Potion of Light:Bargain)
- Restore/Fortify Potions: "Restore|Fortify/Name/Quality,
Example:(Restore Fatigue:Bargain, Fortify Health:Bargain)
- Resistance Potions: Name/Quality,
* All types of guards will now take use of standard health potions while in battle.
* You can now buy "portable" campfires and bedrolls through various traders around the Island.
* You'll now take damage if standing in a fire or really close to it.
* The enchantments on "Trebonius' Staff" and the mace "Light of Day", were seriously overpowered, making the player able to cast the enchantment a 100 (!) times until you run out of charges. I've made changes so you can "only" cast the enchantment 20 times.
* Most enchanted weapons and armor had stats than were lower than their counterparts. In some cases they were also less valuable. Fixed so they share the same stats and are a bit more valueable (based on the enchantment).
- Example: The "Fireblade" worn by "Buoyant Armiger" is a steel shortblade, but its stats were actually much worse than the steel shortblade.
* Changed the name of a Nordic Silver Battle Axe to "Heartfang", as it was supposed to be an artifact, thus the change.
* The regular Bonemold shield were much more valueable than its "house" counterparts, value changed from 600 to 250.
* Raised the enchantment points a bit for glass/ebony/daedric staffs to make them more useful for mages.
* The Bonemold Long Bow were seriously overpowered with 400 enchantment points, changed it to 80.
* The Dwemer mace "Clutterbane" had an error which made it impossible to use its enchantment.
* Gave "Volendrung" an enchantment (It had no enchantment) similar to the one in Daggerfall.
* Stalhrim armor set were refered to as "Ice" in-game, changed to "Stalhrim".
* The Longbow were less valuable than the Shortbow, which made no sense.
* You will now be able to "hit" ghosts using Adamantium Weapons.
* Made some changes to medium armor, should make medium more useful.
- Dwemer AR from 20 to 35.
- Adamantium AR from 40 to 50.
- Stalhrim AR from 50 to 55.
* New unique meshes for magic weapons.
* Fixed several typos.
* All weapons and armor pieces have been re-priced, meaning that they're far less valueable than they used to be.
* Most special characters are now much stronger that vanilla Morrowind, like they should have been.
* Cliffracers, mudcrabs, rats & other small annoying creatures won't attack unless you do anything to them (blighted/diseased excluded).
* Summoned creatures have had their soul value set to 0.
* Lowered the chance to find pearls from 50 % to 20 %.
* Player made potions are now 50 % less valueable.
* Reworked leveled-lists so it won't be as easy to get hold of dwemer, ebony, glass & deadric items/armor/weapons.
* Reduced the amount of arrows for Imperial Archers, Telvanni Sharpshooters, Hlaalu Marksmen etc.
* Hundreds of doors, chests, desks etc have been locked in order to make it harder for the player to gain access to valuable items.
* Hlaalu, Telvanni and Redoran sharpshooters are now equipped with the traditional Bonemold longbow and Bonemold arrows.
* Many creatures, undead or humanoids had the wrong spells or resists which made them either too strong or too weak.
* You are no longer able to enchant items, armor & weapons with Chameleon, Invisibility & Sanctuary.
* New balanced equipment for Dark Brotherhood Assassins:
- Apprentice - Steel Dagger, Enchantment: Poisonous Sting, 2 dmg on touch, 12 charges.
- Journeyman - Silver Dagger, Enchantment: Poisonous Sting, 4 dmg on touch, 10 charges.
- Operator/Wetboy - Dwemer Dagger, Enchantment: Poisonous Sting, 6 dmg on touch,8 charges.
- Punisher - Adamantium Dagger, Enchantment: Poisonous Sting, 8 dmg on touch, 6 charges.
- Assassin - Glass Dagger, Enchantment: Poisonous Sting, 10 dmg on touch, 4 charges.
* Brown Bears, Guars and Grey Wolves will no longer attack the player on sight, although they might attack if you get to close to them.
* Reworked the weights of Paper/scrolls.
- Plain paper/Notes: 0.20
- Scrolls: 0.40
* Removed the grand soulgem (filled, golden saint) from Balmora, Guild of Mages and replaced it with an empty counterpart. Also reduced the value of soulgems to make filled gems less valueable.
* You could find not only one, but two "Sword of the White Woe" in Balmora, I removed one of these. Also moved the remaining one to a more secure location where the guard can see it.
* You can no longer steal the Ebony cuirass in Dren's Villa by sneaking behind the pillar. It's not realistic anyway since Orvas Dren is just a few feet away.
* Replaced the patroling Ordinator in the Redoran Vaults (lower level) with a stationary Ordinator that won't leave the room while resting.
* Removed the Limeware platter from the Census Office, replaced with a Redware platter.
* Reduced the amout of loot found at Ghostgate, Tower of Dusk/Dawn.
* Dwemer Cog weight changed from 50 to 20 (I mean the Dwemer Cuirass and Greaves had a combined weight of 50..)
* Changed the value of most keys from 300 to 25.
* Dwemer Coherer weight changed from 40 to 10
* "Corprus Weepings" will no longer restore your health. Also reduced the value from 25 to 1.
* Increased the value for "Bear Pelts" from 2 to 25.
* Increased the value for "Snow Bear Pelt" from 2 to 50.
* Increased the value for "Wolf Pelts" from 2 to 15.
* Increased the value for "Snow Wolf Pelt" from 2 to 30.
* Increased the value for "Bristleback Leather" from 2 to 10.
* Reduced the weight for "Raw Stalhrim" from 5 to 2.5.
* Reduced the weight for "Raw Ebony" from 10 to 8.
* Reduced the weight for "Scrap Metal" from 10 to 5.
* Reduced the value for "Daedra Skin" from 200 to 100.
* Rebalanced the cost of all apparatus. Weight will also be reduced based on the quality of the apparatus.
Apprentice's Mortar and Pestle from 100 to 75
Apprentice's Retort from 20 to 100
Apprentice's Alembic from 50 to 125
Apprentice's Calcinator from 10 to 150
Journeyman's Mortar and Pestle from 400 to 150
Journeyman's Retort from 80 to 200
Journeyman's Alembic from 200 to 250
Journeyman's Calcinator from 40 to 300
Master's Mortar and Pestle from 2400 to 300
Master's Retort from 480 to 400
Master's Alembic from 1200 to 500
Master's Calcinator from 240 to 600
Grandmaster's Mortar and Pestle from 4000 to 600
Grandmaster's Retort from 1600 to 800
Grandmaster's Alembic from 4000 to 1000
Grandmaster's Calcinator from 4000 to 1200
* Guild chests have less potions (cheap ones removed). Also removed the arrows/bolts from the Fighter Guild's Supply Chest, replaced them with something more apporopriate.
* Some skills are now a bit harder to raise
- Athletics: In vanilla MW you level up too fast just running around. Not a huge tweak but at least enough to make it balanced.
- Alchemy: I cut the progression rate by 75 %. I feel that Alchemy is probably the easiest spell to raise in Morrowind.
- Long Blade, Short Blade, Blunt, Spear & Marksman: A slight nerf in progression rate.
* Some changes to artifacts and magic items.
Balmora Underworld, by "Fulgore"
Get lost within the depths of Balmora's Underworld. Take a walk through the sewers: let the Thousand Lanterns Market take your breath away or why not explore the abandoned canals? Witness criminal factions fighting against each other and common folks going on about their daily lives. Discover the way to access the massive cave system that lies deep below Balmora. If you're lucky enough, you may live to witness Bthumynal, the legendary lost Dwemer ruin and its secrets within. An epic adventure awaits you Outlander.
Travel through a Daedra Gate and face the ultimate challange in the Daedra Realm!
* Trollbone Set
* Colvonian Gloves
* Morag Tong Armor
* Adamantium Towershield
* Adamantium Round Shield
* Skull Shield
* Imperial Templar Shield
* Imperial Captains' Helmet
* Helseth Guard Shield
* Black Glass
* Thieves Guild Armor
* Redguard Headwrap
* Adamantium Dagger
* Falmer Longsword
* Falmer Shortsword
* Silver Katana
* Silver Battle Axe
* Silver Longbow
* Deadric Longspear
* Dwemer Longspear
* Dwemer Staff
* Dwemer Dagger
* Dwemer Bolt
* Ebony Halberd
* Ebony Dagger
* Imperial Dagger
* Imperial Longsword
* Glass Spear
* Queen of Bats
* Face Of Kagrenac
* Emperor's Defence
* House Hlaalu Royal Shield
* Armored Dwemer ghost
* 5 Riekling variations
* Daedra Seducer
* Fire Clannfear
* Clannfear Runt
* Flesh Atronatch
* Goblin Shaman
* Draugr Berserker
* Draugr Deathlord
* Stunted Scamp
* Swamp Troll
* Frost Giant
* Green Slime
* Treant (Unique)
* Frost Monarch
* Hill Giant.
* 3 new Dremora Lords
* 4 new skeletons
* Atro Flesh
* Comet Slime
* Nether Salt
* Ore Essence
* Scrap Iron
* Troll Slime
* Telvanni Resin
* Void Essence
* Wind Salt
* Crystal Shard
* Guar Meat
* Forging A Heavy Duty Blade
* Tale of The Devious Trader
* Sorkvild the Raven's Journal (2 Vol)
* Sword Components
* Blacksmithing Tools
This is my attemt to remove "spikes" & seams in the landscape. Also to remove floaters and unnatural placements of trees and other statics. You will notice a big diffrence using Rebirth vs Vanilla.
* The Steel Broadsword now has its own mesh instead of sharing that of the Imperial Broadsword.
* New Beast animations by Dirnae.
* New deskop icon for Rebirth.
* New Main Menu (optional).